Question Disc PVP - offensive "rotation"

Started an arena team a few days ago, and have been pretty successful through a 1500 rating. I usually just try to stay alive while being trained while my arms warrior partner kills our opponents - it's worked OK so far.

I'm starting to read up on strats for disc priests in arena, and have a few Q's on my offensive priorities.

I've read from folks that have obtained the Gladiator title, our most powerful offensive spell is dispell magic. How so? Is this something you spam on your opponents until all their buffs are gone, or is there more to it?

I've also read that DOTs are not a good idea and just waste mana. I've probably done 50 matches so far, and have been OOM in maybe 5. I'm usually dead or we've won the fight long before I can run out of mana. I usually try to DOT as much as I can (while I'm still alive) to wear down our opponents as much as I can before I get killed - leaving my team mate with weakened or dying opponents to finish off. Should DOTs be used in arena matches?

I've read some people just spam Mind Spike and SW D as their only offensive spells (besides dispel magic, if you call that offensive). Is this a good idea?

TLDR - How do you as a Disc priest in arena fight offensively?

Deleted
    Dispel everything you can, if you have the mana for it. In particular keeping hots off targets is very useful, and stripping lust/innervate/etc. is always useful.

When nothing to dispel: if there's a healer or caster mana burn them, otherwise mind spike whatever comes to hand. SW only below 25%.

Deleted
    ignore dots, your wand hits more.
    ignore smite and holy fire, mind spike hits more.

Focused last night on dispelling and mind spiking opponents. Dispels seem particularly effective. It's often hard to tell when your opponents have nothing left to dispel, though.

Installed Gladius, which keeps track of your opponents health, etc. Maybe a little tweaking of the interface will help.

Also glyphed SW D - Gladius alerts you when your opponent hits 25% health, and getting a couple quick SW D's off helps finish em off quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Domina View Post
    Focused last night on dispelling and mind spiking opponents. Dispels seem particularly effective. It's often hard to tell when your opponents have nothing left to dispel, though.

Installed Gladius, which keeps track of your opponents health, etc. Maybe a little tweaking of the interface will help.

Also glyphed SW D - Gladius alerts you when your opponent hits 25% health, and getting a couple quick SW D's off helps finish em off quick.
    install the addon x-perl, and move the enemy target frame somewhere easy for you to see, and increase the size of the buffs it displays on them.

hope it helps