Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

DA upto 50k on PTR - Awesome !

Just tried disc priest on new version of the PTR and i got to stack upto 50k on the tank while doing a heroic.. while in combat a 50k buff !! OMG !! Seriously... isnt that OP ?
    My PW:S was like 50% off while i got to stack all that.. yee i was over healing.. but as long as i was getting more DA on the target the more i overhealed just to see how much could i get to.. and OMG 50k !! thats like the double of any greater heal from any spec. Is that going to remain this way ? I dont know how is discipline gonna end on Cataclysm but if i can do that in my blue gear on the PTR, Wellcome 4.0.6.

Deleted
    Right now on live i can get a stacked 20k Divine Aegis shield. Obviously though youd have to roll out a lot of heals to stack it that high with no damage in-between so not so OP - good for pre-shielding before a pull i suppose [stack it then eat some mana cake]. Shame DA's dont give mana back !

Do the guaranteed DA's from PoH stack the same way as the crit-procced ones? (I guess I should know that, but here I am displaying my ignorance...)

Also, what's the limit on DA? I thought it was 20% of the priest's health; clearly I am wrong about that!

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect they are going to chance it so that overhealing dont stack it.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Stacked? I been getting 18-21k divine aegis shields from greater heal for quite a while now. I asume you were talking about spells like greater heal etc as you said tank healing. And from what I can see from the patchnotes, the DA changes are only to crits from PoH and either way you wont be getting "50k" stacks from that unless you are outside of combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Stacked? I been getting 18-21k divine aegis shields from greater heal for quite a while now. I asume you were talking about spells like greater heal etc as you said tank healing. And from what I can see from the patchnotes, the DA changes are only to crits from PoH and either way you wont be getting "50k" stacks from that unless you are outside of combat.
    go PTR and check it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Also, what's the limit on DA? I thought it was 20% of the priest's health; clearly I am wrong about that!
    You're right about the current cap being 20% of the priest's max health (cap can be circumvented if you can get a shield bigger than 20% of your HP in a single heal)

If they did change it, which we have not see it in the data mining, this is more of a Single Target healing buff. If you look at GHeal it can proc near 50k. So currently on live, that is a 10k DA on a GHeal Crit. However, you max it out in 2 heals (20k).

With our 2 set bonus being 5% crit to heal, we should be able to stack DA to 50k and keep it there fairly easy. This should help Disc's mana efficiency as well.

However, more information is needed. Is the buff from the cap being raised to 50% of the Priests health? Or is the DA cap now affected by Mastery?

If you can try it with NO gear on and let us know how that affects the DA Stack.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Deleted
    Just tested on PTR - DA cap seems to be 40% there, looks like they doubled it.

Also a 50k GHeal will proc a 15k+mastery DA, more like 20k for most I would think.

Yeah my DAs are more like 4k-15k right now. I see the light!

"I want a Tier that actually looks stereotypical.
    Hunter in camo; Rogue in ninja gear; Priest in a prison uniform - that sort of thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post

Also a 50k GHeal will proc a 15k+mastery DA, more like 20k for most I would think.
    Yeah, with mastery it would be 15k-20k. But that varies from player to player, so I went with the base 20% DA proc.
    DA = ((Crit Heal) * 0.2 ) + (((Crit Heal) * 0.2) * Mastery)
    50K * 0.2 = 10K
    10K * 0.37 = 3.7K
    DA = 13.7K

That is on a 50K crit, so unless you have over 9k SP you wont be seeing those.
    Last edited by Apostolic; 2011-01-27 at 12:11 AM.
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

This is pretty fantastic news for scaling. It will not have a super huge effect Right Now(tm), but if the current 20% model would have stayed, Our DAs would have scaled much faster than our Health, leading to an actual honest to God MST "soft cap" on GH crits sometime during T12 for most.

Just for edification, a 50k GH crit would proc a DA of the following sizes:

0MST from Gear(36%DA): 18k
    5MST from Gear(~40%DA): 20k
    10MST from Gear(43.5%DA): 21.75k [This would require prioritizing MST above CRIT or HST in T11]
    12MST from Gear(45%DA): 22.5k [This level is darn near almost ignoring any other stat in T11 (everything reforged to MST)]

no it's not^. I'm sitting at 19.45 mastery which adds 49% to my absorb effects. 43-45k greater heal for me atm is like 18-19k DA's.

Deleted
    I think they are considering not buffing PW:S but instead having the best DA possible.. but as i played a lot in the PTR with the disc priest i can say.. thay we need the PW:S buffed as we cannot stack DA if PW:S is almost paper shield. But yee i like the way is being done in the PTR right now.. u need to remove ur PW:S debuff by casting heals this renews ur DA but once again the first absorb is always DA long before PW:S gets hit.. so it should be the other way round. PW:S should be the first absorb and then the DA..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
    Yeah, with mastery it would be 15k-20k. But that varies from player to player, so I went with the base 20% DA proc.
    Base DA proc is 30%. Hence 50k = 15k (base) + mastery bonus.

I prefer DA before PW:S for absorb order - DA is free and has a shorter duration. There's no particular reason to want to stack a massive DA either, using it as fast as possible is better than letting it stack and be wasted.
    Last edited by mmoca983f76f3c; 2011-01-27 at 12:07 PM.

Base DA proc is 30%. Hence 50k = 15k (base) + mastery bonus.

I prefer DA before PW:S for absorb order - DA is free and has a shorter duration. There's no particular reason to want to stack a massive DA either, using it as fast as possible is better than letting it stack and be wasted.
    Yeah, you are correct. Don't know why I had 20% stuck in my head (20% of health maybe). But still, my point was it still takes 2 crits now to stack it fully.
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    no it's not^. I'm sitting at 19.45 mastery which adds 49% to my absorb effects. 43-45k greater heal for me atm is like 18-19k DA's.
    For 19.45 mastery, a 43-45k GH crit will proc a 19169.4 to 20061 DA [~44.58%].

I think, perhaps, you were confusing the DA% after MST with the actual MST multiplier. In your case, I arrived at 44.58% DA by the following:

19.45MST * 2.5% = 48.63% Shield Discipline

.30DA * [1 + .4863SD] = 44.58% DA

Then just multiply .4458 by w/e crit you'd like and you'll know the size of the DA proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
    DA = ((Crit Heal) * 0.2 ) + (((Crit Heal) * 0.2) * Mastery)
    50K * 0.2 = 10K
    10K * 0.37 = 3.7K
    DA = 13.7K

That is on a 50K crit, so unless you have over 9k SP you wont be seeing those.
    I had 10k on Halfus tonight.

sooooooo

yea.

Wait a minute... Am I understanding this right ? You can stack DA ? From multible heals on the same target ?
    Im confused

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeefilter View Post
    Wait a minute... Am I understanding this right ? You can stack DA ? From multible heals on the same target ?
    Im confused
    Yes.

Just Spam Group Heal and watch it stack, but it doesn't stack to a endless amount, my ends at 20k, dont know why.