Deleted

A few questions on new build

Looking for any comments on the below build (on a tight budget). Wondering if the second Mobo (italics) is worth the extra money for the brand & additional features.

The power supply is bigger than necessary to allow me to Crossfire at some point, but wondering what would be a good but cheaper option that would do for now? Not sure what I need for the set-up below.

CPU AMD Athlon II X3 450 3.2GHz £60.00
    GPU Sapphire HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 £102.00
    MB MSI 870-C45 AMD 770 Socket AM3 £50.00
    Asus M4A88T-M 880G Socket AM3 £67.00
    HDD Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATAII 7200RPM 16MB Cache £31.00
    PSU OCZ 500W Mod XStream Pro PSU - 2x PCI-E 6x SATA £58.00
    RAM Crucial 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz £35.00
    Case Coolermaster Elite 330 £29.00
    DVD LiteOn IHAS124-19 24x DVD±RW £12.00
    Monitor BenQ G925HDA - LCD display - TFT - 18.5" £70.00

You shouldn't think about crossfire on tight budget, especially if the game you're playing most is WoW. You'll be severely CPU capped in 25-man raids with that Athlon x3.

What extras the more expensive motherboard has that you were interested in?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Sorry my bad with misleading post, wasn't planning on crossfiring on this processor, will be upgrading the processor & Mobo later on before thinking about crossfire.

Mainly the core unlocker, although I know that I wont necessarily be able to unlock the 4th core and that I don't really need the unlocker on the mobo to do it. Although thought that ASUS was a better make, but I could be wrong on that.

Deleted
    My personal opinion, get a Phenom instead of that Athlon.. My Phenom II x2 560 Black Edition OC's like crazy, and with a core unlocker mobo (Yep, I forgot one in my build, will replace later) you could possibly unlock a 3rd or even a 4th core.

Deleted
    So change to the Phenom II x2 560 and use the asus mobo...will consider that, thanks Any thoughts on the PSU? What do I need approx for the above setup not taking crossfire into account?

Deleted
    I use a 550W PSU for a 5770 and a 560 BE flawlesslly, I assume the 500W will work since it's a well known brand

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eventide View Post
    So change to the Phenom II x2 560 and use the asus mobo...will consider that, thanks Any thoughts on the PSU? What do I need approx for the above setup not taking crossfire into account?
    Good quality 400W would be more than enough for that build, but you'll want at least 500W if you're ever going to upgrade to a fast GPU.

One tip, don't save in monitor. Get one with at least 1920x1080 resolution and DVI-connector, they shouldn't be much over 100 pounds. You'll thank me later.
    Last edited by mmoc7476e5f4f7; 2011-01-26 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    idd dont cut of on your cpu that is your most important thing i suggest to get a phenom2 955 those are not that expensive anymore but still are very good.

i can post you my setup what i got if interested i just got under 500 euro's i believe

edit: looking closer at your specs they are about the same

same gpu only better cpu

also im running 2 x 320gb western digital in a raid0 * highly recommended *

Quote Originally Posted by Shamoenz View Post
    also im running 2 x 320gb western digital in a raid0 * highly recommended *
    Highly useless also, especially for low cost build.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Not wanting to go too much more expensive on an AMD cpu, I'll be upgrading to an intel setup when I've got the money (& the time to really enjoy it). Just trying to get something asap than I can afford, lots and lots of Uni work to be doing just now

Ty raykus, will maybe just stick with the PSU I've got listed. Had a look at more monitors but really not sure if I can afford the extra £30/£40 for an HD, will shop around anyway.
    edit: might be able to get my OS for free, in which case I'll maybe put the extra money towards the monitor.
    Last edited by mmocde18722ad0; 2011-01-26 at 01:38 PM.