Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    I'm really tired of only having Ring of Frost in mass PvP to make a difference against clumps. Our AOE is horrible these days and we can't really punish player clumping anymore like we used to. We used to be THE aoe class but now it amounts to casting a 3 min Ring of Frost and single targeting each player to kill them. Blizzard hits for the same amount it did in Wotlk when HP pools were 1/4 of what they currently are. The only reason i even use Blizzard anymore is to fish for procs to single target blow up someone or guess out a stealther, otherwise mass PvP is all single target pew pew which is extremely gay considering we WERE a class designed around our AOE abilities. Now the only viable AOE ability we have is Ring of Frost and that is only a CC. CoC is our only viable damage AOE and thats not saying much due to its CD and proximity requirement. Its not a AOE in the sense that Blizzard, Flamestrike, and Arcane Explosion have been. Playing Tol Barad and any form of mass PvP is so gay these days. Buff Arcane Explosion then, any AOE, that doesn't hit like we never got a updated Cata rank and is so outdated its barely worth even using.

I mean i know they nerfed most class's AOE since AOE was tearing up Wotlk content but if anyone should've kept it as a class design base threat, its Mages. Not Warlocks, rogues, Shaman, or whomever else. I don't get how some of the other classes have better aoe dps than we do these days, but its dumb. REAaAAL dumb. And i know a lot of mages won't care because they don't do mass PvP and only duel or something but really, Blizzard has homogenized us. I want my Mage back. I don't care if Icelance, and all of that other crap people QQ about gets nerfed but if they do it then they need to buff our AOE dps back to being a threat. My mage just feels way more one dimensional and limited in mass PvP, where we used to shine.

So yeah if they nerf us, and follow up with a buff like they always do, it should be bringing our AOE back to doing comparable Cataclysm dps, not Wotlk :P
    Dude, just to prove a point, i'd only buff YOUR aoe personally and nerf the stuff u said you dont care about and then sit back and enjoy watching you fail in a 1v1 with all those cool AoE spells. You're QQ-ing cause you knew your mage to be OP for a while in WOTLK but guess what, those days are over. Basically what you want is to stand behind a bunch of players who are fighting and healing and cc-ing and giving everything they got for a win,and do nothing but spam some blizzards/flamestrikes and get killing blows and credit for being good?...Man GTFO!

Im sorry but to say this but my ret paladin's aoe has gone down to shit to, on another note why would you want to aoe ? single target damage hits much harder and aoe will break cc's. im gonna assume you are a wrath baby and tell you aoe=bad now unless its non-elite trash
    Bane

Quote Originally Posted by b3ndingunit88 View Post
    Dude, just to prove a point, i'd only buff YOUR aoe personally and nerf the stuff u said you dont care about and then sit back and enjoy watching you fail in a 1v1 with all those cool AoE spells. You're QQ-ing cause you knew your mage to be OP for a while in WOTLK but guess what, those days are over. Basically what you want is to stand behind a bunch of players who are fighting and healing and cc-ing and giving everything they got for a win,and do nothing but spam some blizzards/flamestrikes and get killing blows and credit for being good?...Man GTFO!

i quite like this idea
    assuming hes frost from his post:
    DOUBLE the dmg on his blizzard and cone of cold and frostfire orb (aoe)
    HALVE the dmg on his frostbolt, icelance and frostfire bolt (single target)

any mage who wants this deserves exactly what they get, lololol

Because u should be punished for standing in the fire, or the blizzard, and in clumps.
    Your not a raid boss....Oh wait your a frost mage so technically you are....

I've been playing Mage since release through ALL of the ups and downs. Most of you are fotm's wishing your class was OP'd. I've been saying how OP'd frost mages were here since the end of Cata, and probably more outspoken than any other Mage along those lines on these PvP forums. I find it funny people pretend to criticize me for wanting to be some fotm when i swear 3/4's of most classes beg for that just so they can get easy Arena gear. But yeah, half the people replying can't read since i said IF our single target is nerfed....

I'll be fine no matter what nerfs we get, and have always gotten by during times where there were very few mages playing with everyone rollinig other class fotm's at different points. I'm not scared of nerfs at all, then again i could care less about ratings or PvE dps scoreboards. I just want my options back which means diversity in power usage, and not just more or less single target blindering. You noobs can move out of the aoe so its not instant death and it wasn't instant death in Wotlk either when Blizzard was actually viable, it just made you sweat it more or stay spread.

Mass PvP sucks now for frost imo. Nowhere near as enjoyable as it used to be. Like i said i could care less about doing less damage on my icelance spam half you scrubs QQ about here every day, i'll still blow you up unless they comjpletely gut us which i know they won't do. And yeah i've played Fire early in Cata but the survivability sucks in multi PvP, not to mention the fun factor wears out quick imo, and i'll never be able to get away from the synergy of frost play with shatters. Its just something i miss a lot when i play any other class/spec.

But yeah they basically took away our base class design since release in Cata...what Mages were defined by.
    Last edited by candyass; 2011-01-26 at 05:23 PM.

But yeah they basically took away our base class design since release in Cata...what Mages were defined by.
    Yeah, it does sucks that things change over the years. I mean, shamans can actually go elly or enhancement now? Weird! That wasn't the design in vanilla where all gear sets were based on resto. Druids, priests, pallies, were in the same boat. Sucks that Blizz moved away from that design. It's not vanilla anymore, Blizz has changed it's design philosophy.

That said, who cares about mass pvp? While I'll agree that Tol Barad is "gay" but it's not bc of a lack of AoE. I don't see how spamming blizzard over and over again would be fun to you. Not going to reiterate what all these "scrubs" as you put it have already mentioned. But basically, you can't have your cake and eat it too (i.e. lots of single target dmg/cc/control and AoE godmode)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagellum View Post
    Yeah, it does sucks that things change over the years. I mean, shamans can actually go elly or enhancement now? Weird! That wasn't the design in vanilla where all gear sets were based on resto. Druids, priests, pallies, were in the same boat. Sucks that Blizz moved away from that design. It's not vanilla anymore, Blizz has changed it's design philosophy.

That said, who cares about mass pvp? While I'll agree that Tol Barad is "gay" but it's not bc of a lack of AoE. I don't see how spamming blizzard over and over again would be fun to you. Not going to reiterate what all these "scrubs" as you put it have already mentioned. But basically, you can't have your cake and eat it too (i.e. lots of single target dmg/cc/control and AoE godmode)
    You don't get it. ITs about options. Frost Mages USED to have good single target and good AE. Now they just have great single target more or less which is being nerfed. I don't get how a lot of you interpret shit all or nothing. Its completely retarded to think i just want to spam Blizzard on anything and everything, more than it being a viable option of which i've stated numerous times here already.

And i could care less if YOU don't care about mass PvP since i know a lot of people here are duel whores only, and just do the same thing in WoW every day. but thats why i went into why i prefer and enjoy diverse PvP....its fine if you don't enjoy mass PvP but to pretend it doesn't matter is stupid.

You don't get it. ITs about options. Frost Mages USED to have good single target and good AE. Now they just have great single target more or less which is being nerfed. I don't get how a lot of you interpret shit all or nothing. Its completely retarded to think i just want to spam Blizzard on anything and everything, more than it being a viable option of which i've stated numerous times here already.

And i could care less if YOU don't care about mass PvP since i know a lot of people here are duel whores only, and just do the same thing in WoW every day. but thats why i went into why i prefer and enjoy diverse PvP....its fine if you don't enjoy mass PvP but to pretend it doesn't matter is stupid.
    Not that it's even worth responding to at this point. But, you're right. I don't get it...

The "options" that you speak of for great AoE dmg, is this lil tree called fire. If you're doing mass pvp spamming AoE abilities then you're most likely not in the front lines (as a mage) so complaining about fire's survivability is a moot point. Especially since one on one encounters obviously doesn't appeal to you nor does it concern you. So a "viable option" would actually be to spec fire for zomg big AoE numbers. Also, is it really so "retarded" to think you want to spam Blizzard over and over again when you talk strictly about mass pvp and want see big numbers (as frost)? Another thing, all cc is getting nerfed, not just frost mages. No one's dmg is being increased to compensate for this. Granted frost's dmg is being lowered slightly, but there's a reason for it so increasing their AoE dmg is just stupid.

What mass pvp is there to speak of besides Tol Barad anyways if you're lucky to even get in? Don't even mention AV that's all a rush to kill npc's where you hardly encounter another player. This is why everyone here (myself included) doesn't care about this mass pvp you speak of, let alone having frost mages be AoE gods on top of the control they currently have (notice I said control, not IL spam). Hell, I'd join your bandwagon if it gets rid of Ring of Frost or most of frost's single target dps. Thing is, it's never going to happen and complaining about it on mmo champ's forums solves nothing.
    Last edited by Flagellum; 2011-01-27 at 04:21 AM.

Why you so concerned with mass pvp?

PvP isn't that hard. Just get out there with your OP class and kill people.

Consumers these days... they want everything.

He's trolling.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…