Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    /targetenemytarget [noharm]

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    /targetenemytarget [noharm]
    I talk about priority macro, no random, when I want what you wrote, I use simply

#showtooltip Spell Lock
    /stopcasting
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast [harm] Spell Lock
    /targetlasttarget

do you read my question or only last sentence?
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Deleted
    Your macro is fine, except that you need to replace your /targetenemyplayer line with /targetenemyplayer [noharm].
    Code:
    #showtooltip Spell Lock
    /stopcasting
    /cleartarget
    /cast [@Tunrysa,harm][@Laakii,harm][@Tysha,harm][@Nessesitas,harm][@Evanesen,harm][@Hönkl,harm][@Bonn,harm][@Vanex,harm][@Etherell,harm]Spell Lock
    /targetenemyplayer [noharm]
    /cast Spell Lock
    /targetlasttarget

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 09:20 AM ----------

Actually, strike that, just looked at it again. Your original macro should work, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Your macro is fine, except that you need to replace your /targetenemyplayer line with /targetenemyplayer [noharm].
    Code:
    #showtooltip Spell Lock
    /stopcasting
    /cleartarget
    /cast [@Tunrysa,harm][@Laakii,harm][@Tysha,harm][@Nessesitas,harm][@Evanesen,harm][@Hönkl,harm][@Bonn,harm][@Vanex,harm][@Etherell,harm]Spell Lock
    /targetenemyplayer [noharm]
    /cast Spell Lock
    /targetlasttarget

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 09:20 AM ----------

Actually, strike that, just looked at it again. Your original macro should work, too.
    ok, thx for help

and more question, how work @raid1-25 macro, it will sort raid by what? We try it yesterday and don't see logic in that, it is not like players is in groups (group 1 =/= raid1-raid5) it is not alphabetical (AAAshaman =/= raid1) and when five players wrote /target raid5 it is not for everyone same target. Can someone explain me how it work?
    Last edited by Morath; 2011-06-01 at 07:31 AM.
    www.impiks.cz

Deleted
    Just wondering while y'all are here :P
    is there or is there not a way to shorten sequences like

/targetenemyplayer or targetlasttarget or similar
    /cast something
    /targetlasttarget

to something like "/cast [@enemyplayer//@lasttarget] something"?

Deleted
    Nope, the target= (and thus also the @) conditionals only accept unitIDs.

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Morath View Post
    ok, thx for help

and more question, how work @raid1-25 macro, it will sort raid by what? We try it yesterday and don't see logic in that, it is not like players is in groups (group 1 =/= raid1-raid5) it is not alphabetical (AAAshaman =/= raid1) and when five players wrote /target raid5 it is not for everyone same target. Can someone explain me how it work?
    It's not equal for everyone, but I'm not sure how exactly it's sorted. I can tell you that the last target ("raid"..GetNumRaidMembers()) is always the player himself.

Deleted
    Thanks Treeston, for both the pieces of information.
    So the second one means I can safely leave out the [@raid10] or [@raid25] (10man/25man) in a macro because that will be me, right?

Deleted
    That's correct.

Deleted
    What I would do would be to take a tip from one of the earlier posters

Code:
    /cast [@raid1,harm][@raid2,harm][@raid3,harm][@raid4,harm][@raid5,harm][@raid6,harm]
    And change your macro thus:

Code:
    #showtooltip Spell Lock
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast [@raid1,harm][@raid2,harm][@raid3,harm][@raid4,harm][@raid5,harm][@raid6,harm][@raid7,harm][@raid8,harm][@raid9,harm][@raid10,harm][@raid11,harm][@raid12,harm][harm]Spell Lock
    /targetlasttarget
    1) You don't need to /stopcasting as it's your pet who casts the interrupt.
    2) By moving /targetenemyplayer up, you can then simply add it as "if none of my prioritised players are enemies, then do my current target if it's enemy" removing the second /cast Spell Lock

You can now fit in 12 players (if you put them in raid position 1-9) using all 255 characters. If you put them in later groups you need more characters because of raid numbers reaching double digits, reducing the number of people you can prioritise to 11.

The downside here is that within a group you cannot arrange who's 1 and who's 5, but you can prioritise those 5 people (as a set) then the next 5 then the last 1-2 above the rest of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    What I would do would be to take a tip from one of the earlier posters

Code:
    /cast [@raid1,harm][@raid2,harm][@raid3,harm][@raid4,harm][@raid5,harm][@raid6,harm]
    And change your macro thus:

Code:
    #showtooltip Spell Lock
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast [@raid1,harm][@raid2,harm][@raid3,harm][@raid4,harm][@raid5,harm][@raid6,harm][@raid7,harm][@raid8,harm][@raid9,harm][@raid10,harm][@raid11,harm][@raid12,harm][harm]Spell Lock
    /targetlasttarget
    1) You don't need to /stopcasting as it's your pet who casts the interrupt.
    2) By moving /targetenemyplayer up, you can then simply add it as "if none of my prioritised players are enemies, then do my current target if it's enemy" removing the second /cast Spell Lock

You can now fit in 12 players (if you put them in raid position 1-9) using all 255 characters. If you put them in later groups you need more characters because of raid numbers reaching double digits, reducing the number of people you can prioritise to 11.
    1) True, in my personal macro (ingame i remove it) I am RL, do that macros for every class and only copy/paste.
    2) Yes, it looks logical, that man
    / tooltip
    / clear target
    / target some enemy player
    / try target some of prioritised players and cast Spell Lock, if no one can be prioritised it use last target, that mean random enemy player
    / switch on last target

good idea, btw i don't need "#showtooltip Spell Lock" (only cosmetic) this is next player that I can prio, and do first 3 letters of someones nick is better than raid1 (5 letters)

The downside here is that within a group you cannot arrange who's 1 and who's 5, but you can prioritise those 5 people (as a set) then the next 5 then the last 1-2 above the rest of the raid.
    That mean group 1 will be raid1-raid5 but in random positions? We can't tell who will be 1 and who will be 2, but we can select by this some group (players with CC, melee, healers sort by groups in raid). I am right?
    www.impiks.cz

Deleted
    That mean group 1 will be raid1-raid5 but in random positions? We can't tell who will be 1 and who will be 2, but we can select by this some group (players with CC, melee, healers sort by groups in raid). I am right?
    As far as I get it, no.
    But each player could determine before the pull what his own numerations are (typing /tar raid# and finding out whom he targets) and adjust his macro accordingly.

Deleted
    I don't think that @mor where the player's name is Morath will work. I haven't tested that though.

And yes, you can remove #showtooltip, I hadn't thought of that.

And I agree that /stopcasting is good for any non-melee, non-warlock.

If you REALLY wanted to cut down some letters, then
    Code:
    /tar M
    can replace
    Code:
    /cleartarget
    by targeting someone who's name begins with M (yourself)

That's my understanding. I got confused by a comment above, where someone said that the players is always the last person in the raid (10/25) but I think they meant that they are always last person in a _Party_ as seen by how you are always at the bottom of the list of your party when you open the raid window. This would actually put the player always in the multiple of 5 position, allowing you to remove it from the macro.

i just use tab or click or mousover @unitframe and press the button for windshear. works .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i just use tab or click or mousover @unitframe and press the button for windshear. works .
    That requires thinking, thus it is slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Tab will target add/boss too, mouseover unitframe is slow and need have unitframe that support it (that mean some grid with groups near each other or something like that, and you must see who have Worshipping buff). Spam one button (yes we can say "it is sooo lame" but you have 3 seconds to kick, one second reaction "damn MC" two seconds of searching target and three seconds if you are lucky, and kick target that other player don't. When you spam macro, you multiple check all targets in less than second.
    www.impiks.cz

Deleted
    Tab will target add/boss too, mouseover unitframe is slow and need have unitframe that support it (that mean some grid with groups near each other or something like that, and you must see who have Worshipping buff). Spam one button (yes we can say "it is sooo lame" but you have 3 seconds to kick, one second reaction "damn MC" two seconds of searching target and three seconds if you are lucky, and kick target that other player don't. When you spam macro, you multiple check all targets in less than second.
    Just to add, if you have a mouseover macro you can also mouseover the target directly, or its nameplate.
    It is still slower than the macros in discussion, though.

Deleted
    I got confused by a comment above, where someone said that the players is always the last person in the raid (10/25) but I think they meant that they are always last person in a _Party_ as seen by how you are always at the bottom of the list of your party when you open the raid window. This would actually put the player always in the multiple of 5 position, allowing you to remove it from the macro.
    Wrong. The raidX unitIDs do not always correspond to the sub-group setup, and the highest raidX unitID corresponds to the player.

i was thinking the same thing as you guys are messing with, with the priority system, if you have a directional interupt will it lock onto the first player with mc or will it keep going to it find someone who can be hit?

latency or something is often causing double interupts and i thought if they all have set targets and then FFA, so less people get jipped for clicking too fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kakle View Post
    m, if you have a directional interupt will it lock onto the first player with mc or will it keep going to it find someone who can be hit?

latency or something is often causing double interupts and i thought if they all have set targets and then FFA, so less people get jipped for clicking too fast.
    I'm not knowledgeable enough to state something conclusive, but my experience has been that /targetenemyplayer picks the nearest enemy target to you. The random positioning of players should generally lead to random selection of targets, reducing the risk of picking the same person by 2 different interrupters. By reading a lot of recount results, ranged players (shamans mostly) rarely interrupt melee players, as they commonly find other ranged targets closer.

A priority system would be good to target that balance druid, or the melee players that go with the larger adds to interrupt and AoE the smaller adds. These are regularly caught out in the cold with nobody nearby to interrupt. Making them priority is the purpose of the more detailed macro.

Doing something like
    Code:
    /cast [@focus,harm][@raid1,harm][@raid2,harm][@raid3,harm][@raid4,harm][@raid5,harm]
    would be good, where you set the focus to someone performing a key role (interrupting depravity)
    Last edited by mmoc8d1df16656; 2011-06-01 at 12:52 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for that