My account was taken, is there a way to get it back?

Alright right off the bat it isnt "my" account. its one of my guildies.

what happened is when she started playing, her boyfriend at the time put the account under his name. after they split they both tried to put the account under her name so it wouldnt say a guys name on the real id every time she logged on, for obvious reasons blizz didnt allow this. not a big deal, untill today, when the Ex-boyfriend decided he wanted to take the account back. he took it off the one battlenet account and put it onto his current one. (same name = battlenet transfer) where even though she has been paying for years she now has lost her account. she sent blizz an E-mail and is going to call them soon.

anyone know if there is a way to get it back, any past instances that worked out for the person the account was taken from?

Deleted
    if he really did that, he deserves a swift kick to the nuts.

lol agreed. if i didnt live a few thousand miles away from him i would deliver it myself. lol

I would be seriously surprised if Blizzard intervenes. They've stated time and time again that whoever name the account is in, it belongs to them - and they do not recognize account "transfers" of any kind.

It's the same category as if you sold your account to someone, then called Blizzard and was like "hey I got hacked can you reset my account" then you get your account back and the other person who thought they "bought" your account has nothing to show for it, and no recourse.

It's her word against his in your scenario. And her name is nowhere on the account.

edit: that doesn't mean the guy is any less of an a$$hole. It's just unfortunate for her.
    Last edited by Sedative; 2011-01-26 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL...I can't help, but I have a story. One of my guildies is currently dealing with Blizzard red tape and in the second week of his account being looked into as "hacked" for a simple reason. He let his girlfriend (now ex) pay for his account on her credit card. They got in a fight, she got mad at him playing Wow, and she decided it'd be a good idea to call her credit card company and tell them he stole her card to pay for his account. So now, the credit card company rescinded those payments to Blizzard, and even though he has the money to pay for the account now and the previous payments, they won't give him his account back until they "fully investigate" what is going on.

As for your guildie, I'm going to say that Blizzard probably will NOT give her the account back. The user agreement says that you are not allowed to share your account with anyone. The account is under his name, therefore, they are his characters and his account. If she still wants to play she's probably going to have to buy the game and all the expansions, start her own account and roll a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    LOL...I can't help, but I have a story. One of my guildies is currently dealing with Blizzard red tape and in the second week of his account being looked into as "hacked" for a simple reason. He let his girlfriend (now ex) pay for his account on her credit card. They got in a fight, she got mad at him playing Wow, and she decided it'd be a good idea to call her credit card company and tell them he stole her card to pay for his account. So now, the credit card company rescinded those payments to Blizzard, and even though he has the money to pay for the account now and the previous payments, they won't give him his account back until they "fully investigate" what is going on.
    actually... this might help. being as she payed for it on her credit card. she could do the same... but would that freeze just her battlenet or also freeze the account he transferred?

Quote Originally Posted by Inos View Post
    actually... this might help. being as she payed for it on her credit card. she could do the same... but would that freeze just her battlenet or also freeze the account he transferred?
    Well is there even a WoW account attached to her battle.net anymore? He moved the entire account right, not just a character? I'm guessing he moved the account so when she logs in to her battle.net she doesn't see World of Warcraft I'm guessing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna say no, I don't think so. She could tell them he stole her credit card to pay for it all those months, but that's just gonna take his access to the account away, not get it back for her.

no she has another that she bought that i dont even think he knows about. its got a few lvl 60s from a RaF she did with me.

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 05:20 PM ----------

i dont know her opinion on it but if its between not getting her account back and him still playing, and having both accounts frozen in time. id take them both down at the same time

Alright right off the bat it isnt "my" account. its one of my guildies.

what happened is when she started playing, her boyfriend at the time put the account under his name. after they split they both tried to put the account under her name so it wouldnt say a guys name on the real id every time she logged on, for obvious reasons blizz didnt allow this. not a big deal, untill today, when the Ex-boyfriend decided he wanted to take the account back. he took it off the one battlenet account and put it onto his current one. (same name = battlenet transfer) where even though she has been paying for years she now has lost her account. she sent blizz an E-mail and is going to call them soon.

anyone know if there is a way to get it back, any past instances that worked out for the person the account was taken from?
    Except Blizz allows this if you call them and talk to them. I transferred one of my accounts to my girlfriend and the bnet was a different name. Just had to send in the TOS form with our ID's and stuff.

As for the account...very unlikely that she'll get it back unless her Ex cooperates. I wish her luck, but I think she's going to need more than that to solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    Except Blizz allows this if you call them and talk to them. I transferred one of my accounts to my girlfriend and the bnet was a different name. Just had to send in the TOS form with our ID's and stuff.
    see that's weird because i tried to do that with one of my ex's except in reverse. i don't know if that was allowed but she didn't want to play anymore and she wanted to give me the account. they wouldn't let me. but with my friend they did the whole ID thing and they still wouldn't let them. it makes me wonder if its just luck of the draw with what Blizz employee you deal with

see that's weird because i tried to do that with one of my ex's except in reverse. i don't know if that was allowed but she didn't want to play anymore and she wanted to give me the account. they wouldn't let me. but with my friend they did the whole ID thing and they still wouldn't let them. it makes me wonder if its just luck of the draw with what Blizz employee you deal with
    Could be. I was really surprised they let me to be honest.