PVP Arms Warriorn need help: I hate Frosties

I absolutely despise Frost Mages. They are the bane of my existence. Granted they are designed to be the warrior antithesis (from what I've found on the interwebs), but I just need some help.

How do I stick on a frost mage? With their 72 ways (rough approximation) of snaring me, as well as blink and invis, I repeatedly find it damn near impossible to stick with them. I blow trinket cooldown, I charge, I intercept, I Heroic Leap, I hamstring hamstring hamstring cry hamstring. The results of this is my in a 1 foot tall "ice fence" that I can't get out of (in a duel situation or if my 2's partner is out of range of intervene) and the frostie 22 yards away giggling at me as he and his pet rain icy-cold death all over me. It's like a terrible BenGay experience. There is only so much I can spell reflect and still hope to do some damage, and I'm tired of charging them in hopes of just getting a Throwdown off before they blink away and nova me again.

Looking for any tips, tricks, cheat codes in order for me to do better against these Icy-Demons from the 3rd gate of hell.

Here's my build if that is an issue us.battle.net/wow/en/character/onyxia/dbzpiccolo/talent/secondary
    (the helmet on my gear is new so I yet have the meta but I don't think thats the issue)

p.s. I hate frost mages

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the Speedy Actions addon to have your abilities que quicker to the server (signal is sent on button press not on button release).

Get a healer partner to dispel you.

Realize that frost mages are the bane of all melees and cry in desperation, hoping in vain that Blizz will finally nerf their CC capabilities to a reasonable level. As we all do.

I don't think there's any actual counteraction as a warrior against a frost mage. Look at the top arena teams in 3s atm - it's all a variation of dk/shaman/mage/warlock.

Having a healer (aka dispeller) really helps, but chances are he will get CCed before the mage goes at you guns-a-blazing.

Try sitting in some of the snares and keep your gap closers matched to their blinks, so you can use them right after.

Make a spell reflect macro that ques the spell first and uses equipsets and not equipslots (x10 faster).

Something like this:

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
    /stopcasting
    /cast Spell Reflection
    /equipset shieldpvp
    /cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance

The "shieldpvp" line is the name of my set in Blizzard's standard equipment manager with all slots disabled except the weapon and shield I want equipped. This macro works faster than anything else, especially if you have the SpeedyActions addon. Spam this macro repeatedly when you need a reflect and you're guaranteed to reflect even a spell under BL.

I'm by no means a pro warrior since mine is only an alt, but I don't think it's really about your personal skill here, frost is ridiculously powerful atm. Nothing you can do about it.

Inb4 a legion of mages screaming at you that you're just bad and frost is not OP.

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 05:23 PM ----------

Edit - your spec is a bit suboptimal.

It should look something more like this:

http://wowtal.com/#k=Vi2kb4GM.aei.warrior..

You can juggle around the points spent into Sweeping strikes, Rude Interruption, Booming Voice and Drums of War, Tactical Mastery depending on your arena comp. (Don't spec SStrikes if you don't use the cleave a lot, spec Drums of War 2/2 if you need to spam the ap reduction shout to de-stealth rogues, spec more into Tactical Mastery if u need the extra rage in def stance, spec more into Booming Voice if u need a rage boost)

Rest is pretty much mandatory.

Prot isn't really worth subspeccing into atm, and not speccing Blood Craze is.......well........crazy.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-01-26 at 05:38 PM.

you play defensively and OOM them out. That's how I do it. Just reflect and try to stay alive long enough for them to go oom and pop their cool-downs. Remember that when you initially charge they usually blink. When that happens pop your spell reflect macro. Why? 90% of the time after they blink to get away and get rid of stun they will cast frostbolt. You reflect that and that's a chunk of their Hp gone. Won't always work since the smart mages will cancel cast and Ice lance. Always keep a bleed on then and hamstring. You can always use throw to hit them. Any lil damage you can do helps. Don't intercept right away after your initial charge. The stun will have diminishing returns. Instead of having a 4 sec stun(if glyphed for it) you'll like a 2sec ish stun. Save your shatter throw for his second iceblock unless you know he cast cold snap already. Don't let him evocation or w/e it's called. that can screw you up big time.

I don't hate frost mages since I know they are the anti-warriors. If i get killed by them, it's a w/e. If I beat them, I'm happy. Is it frustrating to fight them and be constantly slowed? YES. My Main is a Goblin warrior and I gotta tell yah, that Rocket Jump has helped me many times against mages. Either to get in their face or to LOS them behind a tower, or to get away to bandage.

PS. I have reflected a 40k frostbolt before kekeke

every class wants frost mages nerfed, but the dev's wouldnt nerf their own class
    Bane

Deleted
    Im currently in 2v2 with a Rshammy - I walk on frost mages in generel due to dispels ect, hes not likely to sheep my healer, since he interrupts him and los him and ill knock him senseless when i get close to him.

Warriors can take down a frost mage in a 1v1, even a good one - it requires the warrior to play flawless and be on top of things.

If you ask most mages, think all of them hates a skilled warrior - its a hard fight to do 1v1, but it is possible.

Force him to blink, Charge / intercept, either smack a throwdown on him there and make him burn trinket / iceblock or just keep on hitting him - he will go down very fast when he cant root / blink away from you, mash that spellreflect key when you are snared / rooted or just chasing him down without charge / intercept

But this fight is carried alot by the healer, he has to be on top of things - hitting dispel as soon as you get a nova.

and Ya, redo that spec - mine works just fine for now, gonna redo it after 4.0.6 hits live.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/zenedar/nemeh/advanced

Honestly, i find the best way is to catch them with their pants down after a blink, if your specced as i am, i typically charge in do a double hamstring to root them, which they usually blink out of, then intercept after them and hit a throwdown on them and pop deadly calm and get a few huge hits in before they iceblock, then try a shattering throw they will either break their block early and blink away or sit there, if they sit there you should be able to get a free hit in before they can blink away, but once they do you can leap onto them hit recklessness and bladestorm their face off with them being on cd for hypothermia. I find this is how my fights go 90% of the time without outside intervention as long as i have all my cooldowns up, if you dont just play defensively with spell reflects and get in hits when you can. Frustrating to fight yes, but i kill them alot of the time so i know it can be done . Also if you can get a healer to give you some dispel love then its amazingly easy to catch them, i play a holy priest/arms war team in 2's at the moment, and we end up against spriest/frost mage alot of the time and win most of them because even thought frost mages are strong, they are very very predictable. Oh yeah another tip for fighting mages, if you can dont start with charge mount up and run on top of them, that gives you an edge on their blink.

Thank you. Guess my spec is off. I haven't looked at it since i made the spec three weeks ago or so.

Question: should I not put any in Incite? I've seen it both ways. I'm on the fence about it

If possible, don't open with a gap closer (this will probably become very common next patch for arms)
    try to force their blink when you got a way to get on them, if both are up, Intercept first, immediately swap back to battle, and charge after the blink. Ideally, throwdown after they blink or they will just escape it with minimal cooldowns used, but it can be used to force a blink if it seems appropriate. Try to get a good bladestorm in after blinks too, preferably right after he throws a frost barrier up. This will let you immune all of his snares and drop his shields pretty fast. Also, Heroic Strike a lot. your uptime is low vs a mage, so get the most attacks in you can at once time.

The more advanced techniques are stuff like reading the incoming deep freeze and reflecting or bladestorm immuning it, pummeling a sheep and then throwing down because you know their arcane tree (blink) is locked out, which will fluster a bad mage, or predicting a block and shattering it really fast.