Deleted

How to earn gold with inscription?

So my character is a scribe, currently around 508 skill, and I've been trying to earn some gold but the profession seems horrible for that. I play on a low/medium populated server but most of the glyphs are around 20-50g, some are at around 100g. With the changes made to glyphs, and that you only have to learn a glyph once, people barely even buy them anymore. I get maybe 1-2 glyphs sold per day, even though I'm making most of the good ones for each class and I check for undercuts and repost them several times per day to make sure I've got the cheapest ones on the auction house.

Is this all there is to inscription when it comes to making gold, or am I missing something?

Darkmoon cards bro...darkmoon cards

Glyphs are worthless for making gold on a regular basis. The best way to make gold as a scribe is to make darkmoon decks, as well as the cards that let people gamble (fortune cards?). Earn your gold now, every tier of new gear the darkmoon decks go down in value.

I don't like inscription, I have it on my alt for making glyphs for new alts, but that's about all I use it for right now.
    Last edited by InfernalKatana; 2011-01-26 at 07:25 PM.

That's my experience. I sell every glyph I make (eventually), but I net maybe 20-30g from each. Fortune cards go for 20-30g each, so there isn't much profit there. I can sell a tattooed eyeball for 1k profit per week. I generally break even on Darkmoon cards (one sells for 2k profit, another at a 500g loss, another at a 750g loss). I can assemble a deck and make a 1k profit.

Deleted
    Dunno. I sell glyphs at 70-190 per one, mats costing 20-30g tops. I'm only making a couple of glyphs daily now, so earning 3kish tops - but with a bit more effort than I'm willing to put in it you could double/triple/quadruple that number.

Depends on your realm.

If there's too many AH bots camping it, then glyphs are a no go. Your only other option is Fortune cards and Darkmoon cards.

15+ Year Old Account
    The same way you make money from Blacksmithing.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature