Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Volatiles....HALP!

Why are there seemingly no places to farm Volatiles? The few mobs that drop volatiles have extremely low drop rates, and the only other way I can find to get volatiles is fishing for Volatile Water. Other than that, I'm a tailor and enchanter and I can't seem to find a reliable way to farm them. Halp?! D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Mining seems to be the best way to get them.
    Also herbing for Volatile Life and Transmuting them.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    buy them from me
    erotix blackhand-us

There's really no "reliable" way as you put it, unless you are an herbalist, alchemist, engineer or miner.

Other than that. Farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make another character with gathering prof. Or buy them... They're not gonna drop out of the sky 'cause you need more.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

I think you can get Earth and Fires from mining, you can get Life in massive amounts from Herbalism, Water from fishing...and there's a spot in Uldum that drops Air. Kinda a bad drop rate unless you're an engineer I think, but none the less.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is, there's barely anything that drops them at all, and the ones that do have a very low drop rate. It seems the only way to get them is to be an Alch, herbalist, engineer, or miner. There's virtually no way to get them as a Tailor, which needs them just as much, if not more than the other professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get an engineer, with a gathering proffesion.
    Can make an item that gives you chance to get volatile air out of gathering.
    This+Herba would be getting you life and air.

Farming those via killing seems absurdly pointless.I really don't get why killing mobs can't be a viable way of making at least a bit money anymore, people who bot don't care anyways if it takes a bit longer.

Deleted
    Farming volatiles is kind of a pain. I usually buy volatile life off the AH (it's relatively cheap these days) and then use my alchemist to transmute those into whichever I need.

Unfortunately, if you don't have an alchemist available I guess mining and herbing is your best bet.

fishing for water
    herbing for life
    fishing for fire
    mining for earth
    eng for air, or kill mobs, why they are the most expensive.

trans spec can make em pretty well imo
    hahaha. no.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher0 View Post
    The point is, there's barely anything that drops them at all, and the ones that do have a very low drop rate.
    Oh. See we're not exactly sure that you came here to make a point. Your OP is clearly posed in a "I have a question" manner.

Thanks for clearing it up. Happy farming.

Skinning also occasionally also drops a bloated stomach which contains volatiles.

One volatile is much more valuable than one mote or one crystallized element. If a Northrend elemental had a 50% chance to drop 1-2 crystallized elements, and a Cataclysm elemental has a 20% chance to drop 1 volatile element, that means a volatile element must be worth 5 crystallized elements. Doesn't sound that far-fetched to me, if you look at the price for some of the volatiles and compare them with what eternal elements used to cost.

Volatile Fire

Why are there seemingly no places to farm Volatiles? The few mobs that drop volatiles have extremely low drop rates, and the only other way I can find to get volatiles is fishing for Volatile Water. Other than that, I'm a tailor and enchanter and I can't seem to find a reliable way to farm them. Halp?! D:
    There are two pools of lava. One in Mount Hyjal, and one in Twilight. Both of these pools spawn a "fire circle" that is clearly visible. You can usually fish it with a guaranteed fishing of one or more volatile fires. Each pool will yield between 3 and 7 volatile fires.

If you spend a good 30 mins doing this, you will yield a solid 40 volatile fires.

Also, Volatile Life - find a friend with herbalism and buy them off that person. Volatile Life is abundant for herbalist.

Volatile Water - fish.

Volatile Air - An engineer with mining/herbs otherwise, this volatile really has no attainability other than a heroic, or very rare drop rate with mobs.

Volatile Earth - Mining - ask a buddy to sell them to you. They are abundant for miners.

Gathering is the preferred method for accumulation of these items. No more mob killing.

It really is not "that terrible" farming Volatile Airs from mobs. In the Ruins of Orsis in Uldum, I can usually pick up 30-35 Volatile Airs per hour just by killing the elementals.

Yeah, sure, it's not "cruise control to more volatiles than I know what to do with", but, honestly, an hour to get all the Airs you need for your weekly Dreamcloth is pretty damn reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren View Post
    fishing for water
    herbing for life
    fishing for fire
    mining for earth
    eng for air, or kill mobs, why they are the most expensive.

trans spec can make em pretty well imo
    My rogue is engeneer/skinner... im swimming in volatile Airs. Guild bank gets all my skinning mats, AH get my volatile air for some decent cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    One volatile is much more valuable than one mote or one crystallized element. If a Northrend elemental had a 50% chance to drop 1-2 crystallized elements, and a Cataclysm elemental has a 20% chance to drop 1 volatile element, that means a volatile element must be worth 5 crystallized elements. Doesn't sound that far-fetched to me, if you look at the price for some of the volatiles and compare them with what eternal elements used to cost.
    From wow-head the chance appears to be more like 10% but it feels like a lot less to me. I 'farmed' about 25 fire elementals in the Twilight Highlands area just below BoT and it took me about half an hour becuase theres only about 6 spawns and they take about 6 mins part, and there were more than just me trying to get them. After killing 25+/- I had 6 volatile fires. Could just be random luck but felt like a 5-8% drop rate not 10-25.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy them from me!!! I have like 230 something Volatile Life on my Mage, who is an herbalist and an alchemist (yay transmutes). And my Shaman is a miner so I get a good amount of volatiles from that too.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Level up a herbalist, miner, enginner or alchemist (preferably with herbalism).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.