Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Reagwyn solos stuff thats not supposed to be soloed period
    Plus what u see online is the video of his one successful attempt, im prity sure he facerolls alot b4 he gets it right
    For the mount, ive never done temptest keep but i kinda wish theyd buff the drop rate a lil.. At least since its in tbc u know that theyre not gonna remove it like the Zg tigers and raptors (which i did farm)

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    You not linking your armory to prove it says enough.
    Him not having the mount means that his opinion on farming it is worthless? Do you have Ashes of Alar? Is your opinion not worth the same?

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with farming old raids for mounts/legendaries. Not sure you can do Kael solo, but go ahead and give it a shot. Now on the other hand, I do have a problem with everyone going back and doing mount achieves like Glory of Uld and Glory of ICC at 85. I think its unfair to the people that worked to get it at 80 and now its so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by stuperdude View Post
    As far as I know you really can't solo this. Might've changed due to heroic progression/gearing in cata
    You still can't - he MCes you - he resets. FIght over. Start again.
    Minimum 2 people , 3 for safety. One MUST have dagger and one MUST have staff or you're fucked.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account
    You will still need others with you to use the weapons and remove MC and such. We hit him up a few times before cata with about 10 ppl. I do not think anyone actually expected it to drop, so they brought a few pugs to fill it up. Of course ashes drop and of course the crappy pug wins. My guild is 100% against ninja looting, so after a long pause the scrub got it. To this day I have seen them one time in Org. What a waste

Long story short, bring some friends, but NO pugs. Or have a ML that does not mind ninja looting

Quote Originally Posted by crayven View Post
    You still can't - he MCes you - he resets. FIght over. Start again.
    Minimum 2 people , 3 for safety. One MUST have dagger and one MUST have staff or you're fucked.
    Incorrect, at least since cata beta, he will not mind control the highest threat target...or in the case of solo, the only target. I suppose maybe if you played as a pet class, and your pet had exceeded your threat then you were a possible target for mind control?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavios View Post
    Leave it alone, You spoil the mount's rareness, those that raided in tbc and got it back then earned it.

Getting pissed about all those i want rare mounts people.
    We have so many of those persons that most rare mounts arent rare anymore
    I actually agree, but the fact that Blizz left it in means others will be farming it too no matter what I do. The drop rate is what keeps it rare.

This is why my Amani bear is my favorite mount by far. There is no way for ppl to get it anymore and it was never farmable by higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    My guild is 100% against ninja looting, so after a long pause the scrub got it.
    Ninja and quit guild, problem solved. I reluctantly gave up ZG tiger to a friend, but ashes of alar, that would be tough.

There's a thread on the warlock forums right now detailing how a warlock can *possibly* solo it, it would still be an extremely difficult encounter given the MC/pyro mechanic. Other classes have a shot with BiS gear as well, the only problem is setting the fight up and then figuring out how to survive 3x 40k pyroblasts every once in awhile.

By no means is this impossible, just hard. Don't be surprised if you spend 6+ hours figuring out (wiping on) different phases of the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

They'll take away some mounts, but others will always remain..then they introduce more. There will always be a mount at some point in time that is 'rare and awesome', and even with Cataclysm you still hardly see any Phoenix mounts because people are too busy trying to take on Cataclysm then going back to farm mounts. It will become less rare, obviously, as time goes on, but that's just how it is until Blizzard decides to remove it and make it unattainable.

How long will it be before we're able to solo Firefighter for Mimron's mount?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavko View Post
    Him not having the mount means that his opinion on farming it is worthless? Do you have Ashes of Alar? Is your opinion not worth the same?

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with farming old raids for mounts/legendaries. Not sure you can do Kael solo, but go ahead and give it a shot. Now on the other hand, I do have a problem with everyone going back and doing mount achieves like Glory of Uld and Glory of ICC at 85. I think its unfair to the people that worked to get it at 80 and now its so easy.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81 scroll down to the bottom there.

I was just saying because he's talking all this crap about how they didn't achiev it when it was end-game, blah blah blah. A mounts a mount. It doesn't hurt anyone if someone has a mount. It doesn't hurt the rarity to keep it in the game. Instead of seeing 1 Ashes the entire time you play WoW, you now might see 2 or 3. I personally only see a few on Destromath, and my own all the time when I play my shaman.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

5maning it during ICC patch, still no drop... dam bird

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavko View Post
    How long will it be before we're able to solo Firefighter for Mimron's mount?
    Mimiron's Head does not drop from that encounter. It drops from 25-man Yogg-Saron, Zero Lights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morlin View Post
    Mimiron's Head does not drop from that encounter. It drops from 25-man Yogg-Saron, Zero Lights.
    Which I don't think can ever be solo'd due to mechanics.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Me, rogue, and a resto druid friend tried duoing it back at 80, we almoooost made it back then, post-cata talents that is. But we didn't have enough dps, hit phase 4 a few times. At 85 it's possible to duo with the same setup. We try to do it weekly.

P1: Faceroll. Make sure all melee's die close to a wall on top of each other, mage about 20 yards away.
    P2: Gather weapons and aoe down, rogue loots dagger and druid loots staff.

P3: Rogue picks up the melee's with fokspam, puts his back towards the wall to avoid getting knocked away too far. Kill Lord Sanguinar first, then proceed with Thaladred the Darkener. After they are dead kill Master Engineer Telonicus. Pop ToL in this face and make sure both survives, and when druid doesn't have to heal he spams wrath on Grand Astromancer Capernian to bring her low enough. We finished this phase with about 30 seconds to spare at best.

P4: Rogue picks up Kael, interrupting his casts as much as possible, use offhand equip macro for the legendary dagger so you can toggle between your real weapon and the legendary for mindcontrols. When dispelling mc you obviously want to use shiv. Kill phoenixes as they spawn, druid can take care of the eggs. When he pops barrier you should only have to take two casts and be ready to interrupt the third. Keep in mind that you cannot clos pyroblast. Keep dispelling/interrupting mc.

P5: When you reach this phase it's more or less a kill, just chill around till he drops the gravity lapse, if there are any phoenixes up at this point you can kill them, if your dps for some reason is really bad you can actually clos the nether vapor when it stacks too high.

gl.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17615362642&sid=1&pageNo=1

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-soloable-now

Have a look at the thread i started usefull info there

Quote Originally Posted by Octavios View Post
    Leave it alone, You spoil the mount's rareness, those that raided in tbc and got it back then earned it.

Getting pissed about all those i want rare mounts people.
    We have so many of those persons that most rare mounts arent rare anymore
    Funny, if my memory serves me right, a grand total of 2 phoenixes were acquired in BC. One was given to that sick child, by blizzards grant a wish foundation, the other was some guild that got it right before WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    This is why my Amani bear is my favorite mount by far. There is no way for ppl to get it anymore and it was never farmable by higher levels.
    Not actually true. The Last 2 months of the expac all my guild did was farm ZA for the bear, was simple to farm at that point due to ZA being a 10 Man and most people were 25 BT SWP geared, and ZA was just a slightly higher tier then Kara.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Egore View Post
    Raegwyn solo'd it in beta. I wonder if it can still be done on live.
    I tryd it some time ago with 346 Tankgear, I managed to get to the point where he resurects all his adds. At this point I die because I cant kill the mage fast enough, then the hunter gets up again and you die in a horrible stunlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Octavios,umadbro? seriously, let people enjoy the game and ride what they want. It's their character to play as they choose, I've been solo'ing content for ages for rare mounts