Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    Tokens for normal versions of the helm and shoulder set pieces (item level 359) now drop from Nefarian and Cho'gall on Heroic difficulty, as they are required to purchase the Heroic helm and shoulder pieces (item level 372). An additional change to this functionality is slated for patch 4.0.6.

err .. whats that mean? you can complete set (normal set, 359) only if you kill nef and cho'gall on HEROIC? that doesnt make any sense to me ..
    You have to use upgrade tokens to upgrade the 359 pieces. However, the heroic bosses only dropped the upgrade token. Therefore, people who didn't get regular shoulder tokens before their guild started killing heroic Cho'gall/Nefarian were completely screwed.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

•It is no longer possible to swap raid difficulty before the Conclave of Wind has fully respawned.

dun quite understand

Quote Originally Posted by Volas View Post
    Was really hoping for next week myself, bring on the Retribution changes.
    They're not coming. 2 major matches haven't gone by yet.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

Funny how I made a thread about warrior gloves being underbudget (on pepsee), then I also mention that pally and dk tank gloves are underbudget too, but they only fix warrior gloves. :P

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    They said that both changes will result in a 4% buff to paladin heals.
    Actually, its a 0.55% nerf. 105% x 109% = 114.45%

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blahssat View Post
    Actually, its a 0.55% nerf. 105% x 109% = 114.45%
    Don't forget about Divinity in your calculations. Divinity makes the difference even smaller.

Also, Conviction uptime wouldn't hurt.
    And Holy Shock's interaction with Crusade appears to be a buff due to the way the modifiers work.
    And Protector of the Innocent wasn't bugged with Conviction (Conviction still worked on self-heals).
    And Protector of the Innocent's beacon transfer would have to be reevaluated.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-01-27 at 07:56 AM.

So they're spitting in the face of 10man raid groups even further it looks like with a slew of balance changes and loot upgrades for heroic 25m but nothing for heroic 10m.

Is this why I am very slowly downloading gigs of a patch? Man, this thing is slow.

Is anybody else NOT getting the Bilgewater reputation from the elder quests, even after these hotfixes? :\

10man heroic is about equal in difficulty to 25man, if not even harder(?), yet they only move tokens to earlier bosses in 25man? Talk about fairness...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temsen View Post
    10man heroic is about equal in difficulty to 25man, if not even harder(?), yet they only move tokens to earlier bosses in 25man? Talk about fairness...
    Somebody on IRC was saying they just got a chest drop off Heroic Halfus 10-man.

The hotfix notes could be wrong.
    (Or the person on IRC could be wrong - either way.)

Quote Originally Posted by shotdownsoul View Post
    I believe it is a typo, as a 5% Walk in the Light is actually a nerf.

I do believe it was reduced from 15% to 10%, to give a 4% net gain.
    this, he worte "to" instead of "by" :>

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...aladin-healing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    this, he worte "to" instead of "by" :>

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...aladin-healing
    Indeed, the new spell linked on the notes by Bibi has Walk in the Light reduced by 5% to give 10%.
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/85102/walk-in-the-light/

If that is correct then it looks like it is a typo and it is a buff overall like the blue said.

Deleted
    What If I havnt specced into Conviction? Cheers for forcing me to pick another talent

so much for having more freedom to place talent points, same old cookie cutter specs....

Quote Originally Posted by feighdeath View Post
    •It is no longer possible to swap raid difficulty before the Conclave of Wind has fully respawned.

dun quite understand
    likewise, wats this?

And STILL no mention in patch notes of the return to our lvl70 PvP offset vendor ffs!

Still no hotfix for elementium stormshield and stone drakes?

damnit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehroh View Post
    Still no hotfix for elementium stormshield and stone drakes?

damnit
    Graphic changes are client side so need to be patched in

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's still a kick in the face that the 10 man heroics still only have a CHANCE to drop tier tokens from those bosses (not like maloriak is killable - well he was near impossible but doable by stacking ALOT of aoe.) 10man hcs currently (tuning needs SERIOUS fixing) are and will be harder than 25man hc, but due to Blizzards fairness, we only have a CHANCE to get an item drop and still only get 2 loot, when 25man gets: 5 epics, 1-3 tokens and now an ADDITIONAL 1-3 tokens, thats maximum 11 epics or so vs 3 max in 10man, YEAH BLIZZARD! THAT'S FAIR!!!!!!! GG

Deleted
    Does anybody know, if that drop out of raid group bug during tol barad battles has been fixed, yet?

Overall - Holy paladins are getting a major nerf this patc. Blizzard is trying to hide few more of those atm by talking of buggs beeing fixed. Its a well known trick.

Taking an ability from 15% to 5% is a major nerf. Overall the result is that more mana is beeing used for less healing effect. Add that to 10% mana cost of many healing spells and the results are pretty obvious.

THey are upping the needed skill level of holy paladins. Good holy paladins will still do great. The rest will suffer and probably not bother playing as holy.