Deleted

The weekly Halfus EU

Maybe can be helpful a topic to discuss every week combination of dragons,this one could be for EU.
    This week EU got Slate Dragon (mortal strike), Storm raider (nova) and whelps.
    We have done like this:
    - Release Storm and whelps
    - Kill whelps
    - Kill storm
    - Release slate
    - Kill Halfus

Obviously switching tanks to remove the debuff, a rogue on interrupt 100% of the time with the tank.
    This is the log

http://www worldoflogs com/reports/1mh4gp25q32widtb/sum/damageDone/?s=9886&e=10152

Deleted
    Personally we usually dont kill the whelps. We only pick off 1-2 then let the offtank kill them while the rest of the raid kill Halfus. We feel as if we're wasting dps by killing them.

So this week we will probably go
    Storm Rider->Whelps->Halfus. Ignore/Release Slate Dragon.

Deleted
    Did exactly as original poster last night - BUT - no need to release Slate.

Justs release Storm and Whelps - nuke whelps / nuke storm / nuke boss / collect loot.

Main thing is having someone always on the boss with the tank to interupt - though it's by no means the end of the world if you miss the odd one - and the tank swap.

On the tank swap I run a prot pally so tend to tank the boss first whilst our OT takes the whelps and Storm. I let my stack get to 11 or 12 then OT taunts and I HoP / cancelaura and pull straight back. By the time he's ready to be taunted back off me the whelps were down etc so just helps healers with incoming dmg that way.

If you have a pally tank in the raid, the debuff can be removed by using Divine Shield and then immediatly removing it.
    That pally can also use Hand of Protection on the other tank, and then he can remove it.

We made 3 macros for our most used abilities and added /cancelaura Divine shield/hand of Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Maybe can be helpful a topic to discuss every week combination of dragons,this one could be for EU.
    Looks for Simca.

/shrugs

There is a topic planned that will lay out basic strategies for all the combos as well as a place for people to discuss which combo they have for the week. It will hopefully eliminate the 8 new topics that pop up every week

Deleted
    Is this done on a world/region weekly basis? We had the same combination, and we did it easily by releasing storm and nuking it, then releasing slate and nuking it, and finally releasing whelps and AoEing them on top of the boss. Easy pie.

same tactic for my guild. as a rogue it's easy to kick and switch on storm then aoe on whelps.