Raid addons for Bears

Read the sticky - and although DoTimers is a useful addon, I was wondering if there were any other essential or really nifty addons for Bears; bar the usual raid frames, damage meters etc.
    Like, is Power Auras useful at all for bears? Or will DoTimer + Cooldowns suffice?
    Or will I need oRA3 to tank effectively?
    Just stuff like that would be useful to know =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Omen - threat meter :P
    Deathly Boss Mods - its good to know when a boss is going to cast someting you cna inteurpt
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    I use the following as a Bear:
    Deadly Boss Mods
    Omen Threat Meter
    OmniCC
    TidyPlates

Using just these 4, I am currently having no issues in tanking. And OmniCC is only there as a leftover from my old UI, which I dumped after WotLK.

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Just a question for Tyil, regarding Tidy Plates: Ive never actually seen that addon, looked it up, and it looks pretty cool! As I understand, is it just a customizable version of when you click "v" (I think thats what it is) in game, and NPC's and player's health bars appear above their head?
    Id test it myself but I cant renew my subscription till the start of Feb

10+ Year Old Account
    TidyPlate+ThreatPlates is great for tanking. The latter is a skin for TidyPlates.
    Yeah it's basically just enhanced nameplates, but they make tanking so much easier.
    Biggest feature is probably colors for threat. If you loose aggro, or start to loose,
    on one target in an aoe pack, you'll instantly see it. No more tabbing around.

Thanks for the clarification and reccomendation for Threat Plates, downloaded them right away! I always hate losing aggro on a mob to a melee and trying to click 300 different NPC's till I find the one that I lost aggro...and by then Ive lost aggro of another one >_>

/insert Packers Joke

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelstrom View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Just a question for Tyil, regarding Tidy Plates: Ive never actually seen that addon, looked it up, and it looks pretty cool! As I understand, is it just a customizable version of when you click "v" (I think thats what it is) in game, and NPC's and player's health bars appear above their head?
    Id test it myself but I cant renew my subscription till the start of Feb
    Yes, it replaces the standard nameplates with the ones from the AddOn, and gives a few more options than the standard one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another one you may want to look at is DroodFocus Gives some very nice timers an cooldowns for ferals
    Victoria Aut Mors

NeedtoKnow is a pretty good addon for tracking cooldowns, buffs, and debuffs.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Bears barely need addons

Other than the obvious Omen (threat) & DBM (Mechanics & Alerts) addons, I've never found any other addons to be on the "required" list of addons.

One thing you may find useful though is something like PowerAuras, and set it up to let you know how long your Pulverize buff has left on it, given that refreshing Pulverize prematurely isn't considered a threat increase.

If you don't like watching action bars for mangle, you can also use an addon (PowerAuras or other cooldown/ability watcher) to let you know when a Beserk proc occurs letting you use Mangle sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uzumati View Post
    Another one you may want to look at is DroodFocus Gives some very nice timers an cooldowns for ferals
    I'll second this one for usage. I use it and love it. It is customizable too.

Thanks for the tip on DroodFocus, looks like a really helpful addon!
    I love PowerAuras - but havent been able to find many exports which are useful for Bears. Ive tried making them myself but in all honesty Im hopeless at it.
    Would anyone have any exports to show:

1, 2 and 3 stacks of lacerate
    Mangle off cooldown (thus taking into account both berserk and the normal 6 sec CD)
    When the Pulverize buff is no longer present

Appreciate all the help so far!