Shield Wall + Pain suppression stack ?

Easy question, does Shield wall (the pally one also) and Pain suppression stack ?

We're gonna try Chimaeron Hardmode this sunday, and my shadowpriest might go Disc for the fight, cuz th2 debuff from p2 land a DoTs, and AoE bubble spam = Winner (well we think, we're gonna see).

Should I pop it on the tank when p2 start while he have shield wall or should I wait it fade (even if he might be dead at this point).

Deleted
    All (most anyway) "stack". But you won't say, have 2x50% dmg reduction effects on you and get 100% Dmg reduction. How it's calculated I'm not sure.

If i remember correctly it takes the first, highest reduction (Sw 50%, correct me), reduces the dmg and then takes the 40% off ps and reduces it another time, so not really stacking.

I believe that they stack, in a way.

- For instance, Shield wall is UP. 1000 damage is now 600 damage (40% reduction)
    - Now, PS is UP (both CD up). SW was applied first so from 1000 you still go down to 600, and another 40% reduction is applied to this 600 damage, so 360 damage
    - SW fades : back to 600 damage received
    - PS fades : back to 1000.

Dunno if its how it works though, but it makes sense. I would be very interested in proofs about this though =)

Its dmg x 0.5(shieldwall) x 0.4(painsuppresion) = dmg x 0.2 and so forth with other temporary buffs like inspiration etc.
    But: I dont know how a warriors stance (-10%) or even damage reduction from armor is being considered. If i recall right, in wotlk the damage was first reduced by armor and then eventual blocks. This damage was then reduced by buffs as stated above. I dont know if they kept it that way in cata. Everything chanced...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter what you take first. The result will always be the same. If you pop 2 different cooldowns that reduces damage by 35% and 50% as an example, you get hit for 65% x 50% damage = 32.5%
    The order of multiplier doesn't change anything AxB = BxA, so you would get the increased mitigation, but the effect will overall be lower because you will only reduce the damage of the allready mitigated incoming amount.

Thanks. then it stack, on a conventionnal fight it would be better to wait but I think for this fight we're gonna land it and pray it allow the tank to survive 1-2 more hit.

Mitigation effects are multiplicative, so (1 - 0.50) x (1 - 0.40) = 0.3 damage taken per point applied, so 70% reduced damage while under the effects of both.