Pve profession? Bs and enchant?

Hallo

Just a quick one, is bs and enchanting still the way to go for pve priest ( Holy) ?

Deleted
    Nah I wouldn't say that..

BS is good, because it gives you the option to get +80 in any stat and not just stam/int/str and agi. And afaik it will only get better once we get epic gems.

LW provides +130 int (gonna be reduced to +80 in 4.0.6), JC provides +81 int (gets lame once epic gems are out (I know it's gonna be A WHILE, but you might as well plan ahead)).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    Nah I wouldn't say that..

BS is good, because it gives you the option to get +80 in any stat and not just stam/int/str and agi. And afaik it will only get better once we get epic gems.

LW provides +130 int (gonna be reduced to +80 in 4.0.6), JC provides +81 int (gets lame once epic gems are out (I know it's gonna be A WHILE, but you might as well plan ahead)).
    it wont get lame mate they will buff jc only gems too dont worry epic gems < jc gems :P
    Retired

I would go engineering for headpiece + the cogwheel gems and alchemy because they are adding a epic int trinket next patch which you could benefit from.
    Last edited by jmann; 2011-01-27 at 12:13 PM.

Deleted
    Doesn't really matter which you take as long as you get an int bonus - you want to stack int regardless of profession.
    Saying BS is better cos you can get +80 to any stat is not really relevant when you would always pick +80 int as int is the best stat.

Alchemy would be nice, i have herb on a alt, so i can get the mats from there.

But still its alot of work for only 1 trinket to lvl alch up..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Doesn't really matter which you take as long as you get an int bonus - you want to stack int regardless of profession.
    Saying BS is better cos you can get +80 to any stat is not really relevant when you would always pick +80 int as int is the best stat.
    You won't if you run around wit 4800 int, but 1930 spirit. +80 spirit > +80 int in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by bingobent View Post

well dont forget u have the mount as well along with many many other benefits like ur own pots and if ur speced rite u can make some good amounts of gold from procs

Gold is not the problem, i just want the best for pve, for my holy priest

Quote Originally Posted by Kidoeng7 View Post

it wont get lame mate they will buff jc only gems too dont worry epic gems < jc gems :P
    Exactly, if you remember, they buffed JC gems the same time epic gems came out in WOTLK (but also nerfed them by not making them prismatic QQ)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bingobent View Post

I found alchemy cheap and quick to level to 525, without being a herbalist. Also you get +80 to whatever cataclysm flask you have on as an alchemist, as long as you can make it, quite flexible in terms of stat choice.

Deleted
    engineering. hands-down.

-480 int on a 1 minute CD
    -engineering helm with amazing cogwheels
    -rocket boosts for those oh-shiii moments

Deleted
    Nitro boost is particularly awesome when it blows up and you die... oh wait.

That said I like my Engy stuff, and synapse springs are the daddy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Nitro boost is particularly awesome when it blows up and you die... oh wait.

That said I like my Engy stuff, and synapse springs are the daddy.
    the shield absorb is also hilarious when it back-fires.

-40 yard aoe taunt
    -100% chance to be crit by enemies

<3 engineering

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot View Post
    -rocket boosts for those oh-shiii moments
    oh-shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit i've flown up in the air and fall damage is gonna kill me
    ----

Anyway, uh, I have Tailoring and Jewelcrafting. If JC wasn't such a bitch to level, I'd honestly consider changing it to Enchanting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    oh-shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit i've flown up in the air and fall damage is gonna kill me
    self-cast levitate / cancel levitate macro ftw?

the only one to watch out for is the rocket fuel leak. 12k ticks are nasty

Deleted
    i do believe the optimal professions right now is leatherworking and either engineering or alchemy.

that said, my maths on alchemy could be wrong, i put engineering as an option since it's an intellect CD rather than a constant, CDs can be good or bad depending on your skill and luck ^^

leatherworking gives you +130int which is substantially more than any other profession (which is around 80int?) however you are losing 65haste. very very roughly if you say haste is worth half of intellect (which is optimistic) then LW is giving you a relative + 98int.

I went Alch and engi, so thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post

leatherworking gives you +130int which is substantially more than any other profession (which is around 80int?) however you are losing 65haste. very very roughly if you say haste is worth half of intellect (which is optimistic) then LW is giving you a relative + 98int.
    LeatherWorking right now is the best prof because of the 130int to bracers, BUT after 4.06 when they add the 50int enchant to bracers it will be 80 extra int which puts it in line with other prof with such bonus. 50int > 65 haste

Deleted
    why not enchant (+80 int) and tailoring (lightweave)