Thread: Holy Priests

Holy Priests

Soo like, i dont ususaly use lightwell because no one ever uses it.

but i decided to give it another go and i told the group "click on the lightwell, it will ease the difficulty of my healing"

they said "it's your job to heal, not ours"

Since when is this game a job anyway :S
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    What would Warchief Garrosh do if he were here right now?
    Im sure he'd kick an ass or two, thats what Warchief Garrosh would do!

Deleted
    lol there is a reason some choosed DPS and not heal or tank. 1 Word; LAZY.

Deleted
    You need to explain to people the mechanics of LW have changed to start with. Older players remeber loosing focus and dps to click and heal of a LW. Now u can click on LW without reduceing ur dps or loosing focus. It has taken me quite a while to get my guildies to use it, constant nagging on vents helped.
    But those attitudes just stink. Also its their job to avoid avoidable damage, if they take some then they can be responsible for their own healing, ie click on the lw.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxerius View Post
    lol there is a reason some choosed DPS and not heal or tank. 1 Word; LAZY.
    Lol! did you make an account just to say that?

well i find All roles are pretty much balanced now. Because tanks always had the most on their hands, and healers always have to pay attention, but dps in wrath could just faceroll, but now they have to memorize all the fights and do them properly. so for a dungeon to now be a success everyone has to pull their weight

and believe it or not i think having fun is a big factor. if you think its a job you're gonna just keeep grindingg and not even be into it, this causes alot of wipes. i find when you really try to turn it into a game again, you re experience the whole game for what it truley is, and you just do better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, yes, this tired old debate.

Here's the skinny. There really is nothing better to spec into. That being said, Lightwell is actually pretty damn powerful. I've had account for nearly 600k of my heals on one fight when my guild was progressing for the first time through this tier of content. We just started heroics, so while it's use has dwindled for our farm content, I'm positive it will again enter into the limelight.

Even if your 5 man group, or even your raid, refuses to use it, drop it anyway and use it yourself. Pre-pull dropping is ideal, so it's not a mana drain on you. Just stand next to your lightwell, and youll almost never have to heal yourself via spells, unless you take unnecessary damage. Some people will come around, some people won't.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Thanks alot for all the support and tips. ill try these!

Lightwell its actually quite good, i use it in heroics also, and if dps take alot of damage and don't click it, i let them die simple :P

Alot of dps are quite silly and just take damage like crazy and expect heals, but in heroics i'm always too busy healing the tank, so they either click it or die

Group is fail if they're saying "It's your job to heal not ours". If it was a guild group, I'd gquit on the spot. It's amazing how some people can't be arsed to take 2 seconds to move their mouse and click something to make the healer's job a little easier...
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    People who don't use the Lightwell, will die some time, while you're busy healing someone else.

Also, and I know it's not my place to ask, but would you mind naming your topics a bit more precise next time. A topic called Holy Priest, when it's actually about Lightwell, is a (while not incorrect) a bit deceiving.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    obviously they don't read the loading screen advice.... it tells u to click it!

I've successfully trained the tanks and some dps to click on the lightwell if they see it, sometimes a friendly reminder shout in vent is all they need. I also use a macro that /y Lightwell Down and use RSA SpellAlerter to announcer it in raid/party. Alot of people understand how useful it is, they just forget about it. If people in your group are going to be that ignorant about not using lightwell, that's defiantly not your problem, it's their responsibility to help you, especially the way mana works now a days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthar View Post
    Soo like, i dont ususaly use lightwell because no one ever uses it.

but i decided to give it another go and i told the group "click on the lightwell, it will ease the difficulty of my healing"

they said "it's your job to heal, not ours"

Since when is this game a job anyway :S
    Your response to that should have been that it's there job to take as little damage as possible. If I'm healing and I see someone standing next to the lightwell and simply not using it then I don't heal them. Once the repair bills start racking up, they normally get the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing since Jan 05, so I've seen every iteration of Lightwell. I think it's a great ability and I use it anytime I can when one is set down and I'm taking damage. Two problems, however, cause this ability to still go unused:

1. It can be clipped easily by mobs, making it very hard or impossible to click. When this happens, the user must now move their character or at least swing their camera to an opposite angle in an attempt to click it. This is perilous, because doing so makes it hard to maintain a DPS rotation or proper movement on a fight that requires it.

2. The hit box is too small and requires players to move into areas that may be unsafe or unpractical to click it.

The best solution, in my opinion, would be to give it a much bigger hitbox so it could be clicked up to perhaps 30 yards away. This way players do not have to move far to use it and mobs cannot clip it.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

1. Why was this titled holy priest instead of HP light well
    2. There's like 10,000 post about LW.