Poll: Do you prefer disc or holy?

Thread: Disc Vs Holy

Disc Vs Holy

So i pretty much always played holy, for its raw healing output. but i tried disc for 80-85 and it wasint too bad, i tried to prevent dmg as much as i could and it worked for awhile, pretty much i had a rotation that was shield, renew(so aegis procs)heal heal, rince and repeat. and this worked extremely well. i find they are pretty much the best tank healers next to lawladins. one thing i did have alot of trouble with is when the group in whole was taking steady damage, so i would use prayer to heal the group and aegis would proc on everyone, but it was really weak, and the heal really sucked in disc, and burned a shit ton of mana so i guess Disc is more of a heroic/Tank heals

i find disc dosent really have an "Oh Shit" button if the entire group is dying at once. its all you, and you pretty much always burn out your mana when it happens

I specced back to holy yesterday and oh my goshhh

Prayer is rigged as shittt

Lol

if you have like the glyph and alot of mastery you can pretty much do this the whole time

Chakra(pretty much for fun)
    Prayer of healing
    circle of healing
    that aoe thing.

^ and thats if the group is taking ALOT of dmg!
    another thing i noticed is SUPRIZINGLY, its really mana efficient if you play it right
    but i really liked trying to prevent damage in disc, but the shields just wernt strong enough yet even with mastery stack.

Does anyone have any tips? what stats should i focus on when getting heroic geared on my holy priest? i know intel and spirit of course, but should i get mastery, haste or crit.
    Last edited by Cynthar; 2011-01-27 at 03:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    What would Warchief Garrosh do if he were here right now?
    Im sure he'd kick an ass or two, thats what Warchief Garrosh would do!

Deleted
    Haste > Mastery >>>> Crit

Haste and Mastery is pretty much the same. Also you should use Prayer of Mending for Group heal.

Personally I think there are some encounters where holy is better and some where discipline is. Just play what is the better one for a particular encounter. (or what is the most fun for you)

does haste also increase the speed of your HOT ticks?
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    What would Warchief Garrosh do if he were here right now?
    Im sure he'd kick an ass or two, thats what Warchief Garrosh would do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthar View Post
    Yes.
    Also, I don't like topics like this. Sure, I prefer Holy, does that mean that Discipline sucks? No it doesn't. They're different playstyles, so you can't really compare.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I much prefer the playstyle of Disc. I used to like raid-healing with Disc, but sadly that is not very effective any more (compared with just switching to my Holy spec).

I was holy all through ICC and loving it even moreso in cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthar View Post
    it increases the amount of hotticks in the given time (which is not effected)

Depanding on your specc, diszi has up to 4 aoe cooldowns.
    Power infusion
    Power Word: Barrier
    Archangel
    Divine hymn.

power wrd: shield is no longer a groupspammable spell. use it on the tank when weakened soul wears off for rupture proccs. furthermore there is an excellent guide in the sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    Depanding on your specc, diszi has up to 4 aoe cooldowns.
    Power infusion
    Power Word: Barrier
    Archangel
    Divine hymn.
    Assuming diszi is your shorthand for discipline lol

The only AOE CD discipline gains over holy is PW:B. That being said, it's pretty dang powerful.