Loot based on spec.

Okay so like, i dont really wanna sound like im qqing, but theres something that id just like to throw out there and ask for support.

Last night i was getting my priest geared for heroics, and alot of healing gear dropped! (yay!) but unfortiunitly, i had a druid and a paladin in my group. the druid was tanking(lol) and the paladin was dpsing(even more lol)

Both their hands seemed to slip from the greed button to the need button on a trinket with a ton of spirit on it....

"Alright alright! thats fine, they're prob working on their offspecs ill just get it next time, its just a game."

Healing shoes drop to finaly replace my greens and a mage needs it.

"maybe that mage needs a little extra mana regen..?"

healing ring drops and bear tank needs it
    "...now this is getting kinda dumb and time consuming.."

A healing staff drops in Lost city
    Warlock needs it

"IM GOING TO PUT A GUN TO YOUR HEAD, AND PULL THE F**KING TRIGGER!"
    *you have been removed from the group*
    But i got my staff! lol!

so yeah all im really saying is like, i think there needs to either be more healer loot on the loot tables, or just have it drop more frequently, cause for a holy priest, small chance of loot+ninjas+other peeps who actually need it like a shaman or something+ people who need anything they can need for money= really sloowww ass progression.

or maybe just base what you can need on by your spec it would help alot. then in that case if no one wanted something and you really needed it for offspec, you could just ask them niceley.

any thoughts? or am i QQing too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    What would Warchief Garrosh do if he were here right now?
    Im sure he'd kick an ass or two, thats what Warchief Garrosh would do!

Some caster dps specs like ele shammies, boomkins & shadow priests use spirit for hit. The only casters that have no use for spirit are mages and locks.

There is no mail or leather caster gear with hit so ele & boomkins need spirit gear. I mean gear like legs & chests not rings, necks & weapons because they can use the stuff with hit.

So please not need stuff you dont really need.

This is why I run with my guild or people I know. I hate having to pug.

And needing something for gold? Lol (but I have heard this) From just doing the TB dailies I have gotten over 1k gold. Each quest gives about 16g plus you get 86g (I think) for your first random. Gold is way too easy to get now and there is no need on needing stuff for gold.

I am not judging just posting my thoughts.

PS: once you dont have mana probs you dont need more spirit so any caster gear without hit you can use.
    Last edited by aqthedruid; 2011-01-27 at 03:59 PM.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Quote Originally Posted by aqthedruid View Post
    Some caster dps specs like ele shammies, boomkins & shadow priests use spirit for hit. The only casters that have no use for spirit are mages and locks.

There is no mail or leather caster with hit so ele & boomkins need spirit gear. I mean gear like legs & chests not rings, necks & weapons because they can use the stuff with hit.

So please not need stuff you dont really need.

This is why I run with my guild or people I know. I hate having to pug.
    yeah i own a pretty hardcore pvp guild so no one really likes to do dungs... maybe i could sneak off and join a pve one lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthar View Post
    yeah i own a pretty hardcore pvp guild so no one really likes to do dungs... maybe i could sneak off and join a pve one lol
    Didn't see your name on any of the AJ forums or on the season r1 list ;3
    And no. Bad idea is bad. I'm entitled to whatever gear I can use from the dungeon, if I will heal you but I want my DPS gear, I'll take it. You can't force me to get gear for the spec I que with because it would be retareded.

I agree, they really should fix the need/greed system. I'm very tired of offspec needing on things over mainspec, or people just plainly rolling need on something they have no business rolling need on, like mages rolling need on Spirit gear.

Yes, I understand that there is an argument that they can technically use it too and if they can't roll need then it might go to waste if the mainspec person doesn't need it...

So here's the solution:

People who can roll need on an item can still roll need no matter what. The caveat however, is that anyone whom is mainspec for that item at the time of it's drop gets priority. If a tank and a DPS roll need on a piece of tank gear, the tank gets it, period. If spirit cloth drops and a priest and a mage roll on it, the priest gets it, no matter what. If just a mage rolls need on it however, they would get it. The end result however, is that there is more scrutiny by the need/greed system to actually filter out who really needs those items.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago View Post
    Didn't see your name on any of the AJ forums or on the season r1 list ;3
    And no. Bad idea is bad.
    what....? english please? if your asking why the guild isint a top realm first pvp guild its because we just arent. Dosent mean its a bad guild. Just means other guilds have more time to burn on my realm... and probably have more nerds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple solution(I think):

Instead of just picking role when signing up for randoms, pick the gear you will roll for as well.

So a Palatank would:

Tank(x) DPS( ) Healer( ) Dungeon Guide (x)

Plate tank (x)
    Plate DPS ( )
    Plate healing ( )
    Mail caster ( )
    Mail physical ( )
    Leather caster ( )
    Leather Physical ( )
    Cloth DPS ( )
    Cloth Healing ( )

You can only pick one of the above, and the game restricts you to only rolling Need on those pieces of gear. Greed is of course open for anything.

Just my two cents.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I'm 100% for completely removing the off-spec BS. You want to gear your other spec, run normals like you did with your main, buy greens on AH or whatever. In my opinion, you should only be able to need on things that are upgrades to your currently equipped gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthar View Post
    Okay so like, i dont really wanna sound like im qqing, but theres something that id just like to throw out there and ask for support.

Last night i was getting my priest geared for heroics, and alot of healing gear dropped! (yay!) but unfortiunitly, i had a druid and a paladin in my group. the druid was tanking(lol) and the paladin was dpsing(even more lol)

Both their hands seemed to slip from the greed button to the need button on a trinket with a ton of spirit on it....

"Alright alright! thats fine, they're prob working on their offspecs ill just get it next time, its just a game."

Healing shoes drop to finaly replace my greens and a mage needs it.

"maybe that mage needs a little extra mana regen..?"

healing ring drops and bear tank needs it
    "...now this is getting kinda dumb and time consuming.."

A healing staff drops in Lost city
    Warlock needs it

"IM GOING TO PUT A GUN TO YOUR HEAD, AND PULL THE F**KING TRIGGER!"
    *you have been removed from the group*
    But i got my staff! lol!

so yeah all im really saying is like, i think there needs to either be more healer loot on the loot tables, or just have it drop more frequently, cause for a holy priest, small chance of loot+ninjas+other peeps who actually need it like a shaman or something+ people who need anything they can need for money= really sloowww ass progression.

or maybe just base what you can need on by your spec it would help alot. then in that case if no one wanted something and you really needed it for offspec, you could just ask them niceley.

any thoughts? or am i QQing too hard.
    You're not QQing too hard.

People should roll on gear for the role they queued for, for the spec they had when they killed that boss.
    I don't see why other people have to suffer for their choices.

When I heal and there's a hunter around and say, an agi trinket drops or a ring or DPS mail, I always wait till no one needs it before I click on need myself. I always ask if I could need for my off-spec before I roll on it. Sadly people aren't just...er...noble?

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post

Instead of just picking role when signing up for randoms, pick the gear you will roll for as well.

So a Palatank would:

Plate tank (x)
    Plate DPS ( )
    Plate healing ( )
    Mail caster ( )
    Mail physical ( )
    Leather caster ( )
    Leather Physical ( )
    Cloth DPS ( )
    Cloth Healing ( )

You can only pick one of the above, and the game restricts you to only rolling Need on those pieces of gear. Greed is of course open for anything.

Just my two cents.
    the only problem with that, at least i know for paladin tanks, is that some "dps" gear, with high mastery is considered perfectly fine as tank gear.
    such as the following:
    Lord Walden's Breastplate
    Legguards of Winnowing Wind
    Anomuran Helm
    Gravitational Pull

those can all be considered tanking items, though the y do not have dodge or parry, they have threat stats, which arnt as good, but mastery is a big part of our mitigation.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then if you want those specific items, you pick Plate DPS. Even though that means you forfeit the option to roll for doge/stam gear. no pain, no gain
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I'm sure you're sick to death of hearing it(SORRY!) but go with guildies and have loot rules clearly stated and agreed upon beforehand. It's why I stick to guild runs, it's not worth having to deal with that.

Slow people don't get mainspec>offspec and selfish people just don't care.

I hope you have better luck with group members in the future, OP.

I definitely like the suggestion about choosing ahead of time what you're going to be rolling for so people who don't like how things are looking can leave and get another group before they've possibly wasted time.

And wow, why was OP banned? /headscratching
    Last edited by Baxter; 2011-01-27 at 05:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago View Post
    And no. Bad idea is bad. I'm entitled to whatever gear I can use from the dungeon, if I will heal you but I want my DPS gear, I'll take it. You can't force me to get gear for the spec I que with because it would be retareded.
    Well I guess you'll have no problem with that tank taking your dps gear or that dps taking your tank gear too then? Its people like you who piss me off the most about the game. You have this entitlement idea in your had that makes you think that you're entitled to anything that drops that you want. Also nice to know that someone with 2 holy specs has a melee dps third spec that only he has been given by Blizzard and that's what entitles him to roll on his dps gear. You queue as a healer because your queue time is a fraction of what it would be if you were to queue as a dps. If you want freakin dps gear then queue as a dps and suffer through what they have to or ask if anybody needs it. Such a douchebag!

The problem of caring if someone else needs an item you want for your offspec is that in a complete random group someone always needs it. Specially from tank>dps gear or healer to dps. If you run with the same people eventually they will have the gear you want and you can get it. Hence run with guildies or farm rep/justice and think of items you get as extras during the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post

So a Palatank would:

Plate tank (x)
    Plate DPS ( )
    Plate healing ( )
    Mail caster ( )
    Mail physical ( )
    Leather caster ( )
    Leather Physical ( )
    Cloth DPS ( )
    Cloth Healing ( )

Just my two cents.
    I like this idea