Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patches 4.1, 4.2 Raid Speculation

Hello everyone,

I'm sure threads on this subject have been overly abundant for the last year, but I've been unable to find a recent one through the forum pages so I'll just throw this out there again.

The Question: What encounters will we be experiencing before Deathwing? (Given Ragnaros as an indefinite of course)

Some things to consider:
    - There has been some talk of a new Caverns of Time - style raid based on the titular War of The Ancients, a good possibility.
    - Underwater raid associating Ozumat 'the giant octopus' or Neptulon since Vashj'r is a major content experience in Cataclysm.
    - The thought that provoked me to create this thread... Old god raid!?!? There is much evidence for an old god existing around Ashenvale, Vashj'r, or perhaps Twilight Highlands.

Discuss=
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

4.1 will be Firelands (already confirmed)
    As for 4.2 i think a underwater raid in Vashjir would be pretty sweet, or maybe another raid in Uldum with Harrison Jones

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see an underwater raid that requires timing on movement and breathing buffs to defeat underwater bosses. It would be a whole new mechanic that could make some raids quite exciting. Ozumat would be a perfect one to fight off along with his cronies.

And putting a good raid in Ashenvale or Darkshore wouldn't hurt either - the early quests there definitely point at an old god

Deleted
    firealands will be next raid as said above , i really hope there will be a egyptian / old god raid in uldum that would be pimp

As MsBxGhost stated, 4.1 is Firelands, and will feature 2 5 man instances, one in the Abyssal Maw, and one in the Firelands, and then the Raid, which will feature Ragnaros as the final boss.

For me, I still hold onto my theory that 4.2 and 4.3 will be the Emerald Nightmare and The Caverns of Time, the first one to free Ysera, and the second one to either find Nozdormu, or kill him, as many people believe he is the infinite corrupter. (And thus, a new bronze aspect [which I believe would be Chromie] would be created, to help fight deathwing).

As the way Blizzard phrased Kalecgos becoming the new blue aspect "just in time", it says to me that all 4 aspects will be required to defeat Deathwing, and 2 of them, as I listed, are currently indisposed of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    As MsBxGhost stated, 4.1 is Firelands, and will feature 2 5 man instances, one in the Abyssal Maw, and one in the Firelands, and then the Raid, which will feature Ragnaros as the final boss.

For me, I still hold onto my theory that 4.2 and 4.3 will be the Emerald Nightmare and The Caverns of Time, the first one to free Ysera, and the second one to either find Nozdormu, or kill him, as many people believe he is the infinite corrupter. (And thus, a new bronze aspect [which I believe would be Chromie] would be created, to help fight deathwing).

As the way Blizzard phrased Kalecgos becoming the new blue aspect "just in time", it says to me that all 4 aspects will be required to defeat Deathwing, and 2 of them, as I listed, are currently indisposed of.
    Who is MsBxGhost and where did he/she post that comment?
    I definitely agree with you that Emerald Nightmare and COT are incoming soon, and possibly both within this expansion. Too bad we won't see Emerald dream expansion, even if it's partly-based like Vashj'r is in Cataclysm.
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kytz View Post
    firealands will be next raid as said above , i really hope there will be a egyptian / old god raid in uldum that would be pimp
    Unless Blizzard does something really unexpected, it looks like all the Uldum storylines are finished. We defeated Al'akir and his minions in the Skywall and the Lost City of the Tol'vir, and we blew up the re-origination device in the Halls of Origination. There's simply no real plotlines left to make a raid out of.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raganros is fairly obviously the next up-and-coming raid, and as well, the entrance for a heroic is there as well.
    After that I would say that a Vash'jir raid is warranted, and at least one more heroic related to it.

Yeah, Firelands is definatly in, Abyssal Depths raid is another specified one, and Blizz did state that there would be a CoT and it is speculated to be Ware of the ancients.
    I am excited about the next Old God that is being put it, N'Zath. I wonder what he will look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

The emerald nightmare was resolved in one of the books last year hence ysera being the 1st quest giver in hyjal and malfurion being in darnasass

Ragnaros in the Firelands
    Ozumat (and possibly a corrupted Neptulon) in the next Vashj'ir Dungeon/Raid
    N'Zoth
    <Insert Gibberish Here> Faceless General
    Possibly C'Thun
    Argolath's many Prison-Mates
    Possibly some Burning Legion dudes?
    Another Titanic Herald?
    Kael'Thas
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Kael'Thas
    Icedeep'jirlandsaramas was merely a setback!

10+ Year Old Account
    4.1 - Firelands.
    4.2 - War of the Ancients.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have really high hopes for a N'zoth raid sometime in 4.2, and the possible mechanics they could use are great. They could use the Iso'rath UI where the longer you fight him, the more damage you take, or they could go down the road of Atremedes(sp) when your movement alters the fight. I cant wait!

Also, just to clear up confusion, its officially "N'zoth". http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/120832/nzath

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

And by that, I mean N'Zoth.

It's hard to find reliable translators: they keep going insane.

I know I've read that firelands is next.

I also think blizz may do another dual-raid release and give us a Vash'jir water raid in addition to firelands.

CoT war of the ancients has been confirmed to be in the works as a raid as well, but not when.

If they continue with multi raid tiers(Which they will have to unless they are scrapping their plans of making raids smaller) it'll probably be Abyssal Maw(4 bosses) and Firelands(7 bosses) in 4.1.

4.2 could possibly be the CoT:WotA and maybe Uldum.

I'm convinced C'thun will make a new appearance at some point as well. Probably Uldum? Abyssal Maw will also have the next 5 man.
    Last edited by RollTide; 2011-01-28 at 02:20 AM.

4.1: Firelands and Abyssal Maw raid
    4.2: War of the Ancients
    4.3: Uldum raid
    4.4: Maelstrom raid with N'Zath
    4.5: Deathwing
    Last edited by DerpderpHAMMA; 2011-01-28 at 02:20 AM. Reason: he wouldnt be in uldum...

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Noticed how Ozumat kinda ate up Neptulon at the end of Throne of the Tides? in 4.2, we'll probably get to act as Rescue Rangers and free Neptulon from the wrath of the evil giant squid.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post

hmm. that means this could be a large expansion time wise. it will be atleast what 4-5 months before 4.1? and then space what 6 months inbetween each next one atleast? 2-3 years easy. wotlk was what 2 years going on 3. this one could easily be 3 going on 4. yikes. i think they may cram in the content so we dont end up waiting so long between raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    4.1 will be Firelands (already confirmed)
    As for 4.2 i think a underwater raid in Vashjir would be pretty sweet, or maybe another raid in Uldum with Harrison Jones
    Please no.....
    ive had enough of harrison jones for one expansion

im paranoid thinking he will be back

/equips tinfoil hat.

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 02:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Noticed how Ozumat kinda ate up Neptulon at the end of Throne of the Tides? in 4.2, we'll probably get to act as Rescue Rangers and free Neptulon from the wrath of the evil giant squid.
    to cliched like power rangers for my likings,

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    also its N;Zoth not Nzath
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.