Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Managed to do vortex in 22 min as best... and trust me, we did use wotlk style, tank rushing in, all aoeing, next group.
    In 4.1 it will be 15... imagen in 4.3
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

I was in a PuG for HC HoO, and since healer and tank (hubsand and wife playing) had to log in an hour we decided to skip the unnecassary bosses. we got it done in about 35-40 mins (few wipes on first boss b/c of poor snake control).
    but we skipped 4/7 bosses and did only the required bosses (Lever-pulling guy, The "Omega Stance" dude, and Rahj) for the daily random.

10+ Year Old Account
    15 minutes with randoms is nearly impossible... but a good geared premade in Lost City... i think they can do it, even without skipping bosses.

But other heroics. probably not. Deadmines are absolutely out of question, same for Grim Batol. HoO maybe if you skip everything you can.

did grimbatol in 25min. all were raidgeared. all dps had an average dps over15k. i rly dont see that dungeon ever being done in 15min.

We have done a 19 minute heroic. That was with 3 dk dps though, so every pull they were all pulling stupidly op dps. This is with none of us going into any raids, including BH, and the dps pulling off the tank here and there, except boss fights. Our healer is insane. I could imagine those guilds nearing full regular modes down / clearing hard modes could smoke heroics in less then 15 to be honest, and this is only the first tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    especially if you add in time to loot.
    this adds entirely too much time. When I do dungeons, I never loot unless I need quest items that drop off random mobs. When my party stops to loot (as tank for example) it has gone so far as to double the length of the run.

Also, are you looking at current single target DPS or aoe DPS? Because you don't need CC anymore if you're in a good group (I think the only time / place where I still prefer it is in throne of tides and vortex for the 2 healer pulls), so it's no longer the "set up marks.. inform cc that they can cc pull it.. wait for them to do it.. pull one mob at a time.. kill it, break the next.." every single pull with a healer stopping to drink in between.

Deleted
    I like HoO. You kill two packs, kill the boss - kill another, is it two packs? Then do the event with the 4 minibosses, kill boss, take the teleporter up and kill the last boss.. As a mage, the first two trash packs dies insanely fast cause i can pull >30k dps with my eyes close, a hell of a lot more if i bother to combustion>impact, only because of that spellstealable shizzledizzle.. The one i dislike the most is SFK, but thats a personal matter i suppose.

Halls, Vortex, Lost City, Blackrock Caverns and Stonecore can all be run pretty quickly. I dunno that I've done any of them in 15 minutes, but maybe not much more than that when I'm in a balanced guild group with main raiding toons (including a MS tank, not somebody with a patched together OS tanking set). Chain pulling and AOE are the reality again in a lot of the dungeons. Just not for every single pull in every single dungeon. When we're running mixed groups of OS tanks or healers, or alts, it slows down considerably.

SFK, Throne of Tides, Grim Batol and Deadmines not so much. There's no fast way to do those, even with the reduced trash in Deadmines.

Fastest HoO time was roughly 15 minutes. Including doing the Speed of Light achievement.
    Skip Ptah, Skip the last 3 and go right to Rahj. Done deal.

It's funny when myself an two< guildies go; puggers aren't happy about skipping; GL with kicking. We want VP, nothing else.
    356 iLvl.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Good, I keep seeing people talking about 15 minutes and assumed they were just trying to do the whole "look at me I'm a pretty flower" thing. Glad to know they are full of stuff that doesn't smell nearly as nice as flowers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by workhabits View Post
    In WotLK 15min runs are very common, these days not so much...but eventually
    takes me 20 mins to solo heroics

You can do Blackrock pretty quickly, skipping the 2nd (chick with beams), 3rd (flame pillar guy), and 4th (beauty) bosses.
    To deal with the big guys blocking the bridge to the room with the fire pillar guy, just port out and back in once you get to that bridge, then use the teleporter, then clear the trash around the room to move on.
    Did this the other day, took about 20 minutes in a pug from start to finish, but that was also with explaining what to do and how to do it.

HoO is the fastest heroic in cata, takes about 15-20 mins if you go for valor points only

Yeah, except when you get retard Puggers who can't figure out the dragon boss in VP and get thrown out of the arena. My general rule is, 3 wipes and I'm out, few exceptions.

I'd rather sit in the DPS queue again or just not run a heroic that day then deal with a group full of mouth-breathers for more than an hour.

I took a 4/5 guild group where We had 2 guild dps and heals +tank were guild and we just backpacked a lucky guy through dm in 20 mins or so

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think I've done a heroic tides in maybe 20 minutes. Skip the MC boss. If you actually interrupt the healer's on those pulls they don't take so long. I think the elevator is the longest wait in there. There's like 10 trash pulls in the place if you skip the MC boss.

I wouldn't expect it in a pug. Yesterday I pugged to do my daily, got HoO, they wanted the camel boss even, I think it was like an hour in there, and they killed the last boss first after asking me if I would stay, then I left obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Walker View Post
    Nothing wrong with 30 minute heroics. This isn't Wrath.
    No one ever said anything about them being wrong.

Also, early wrath, believe me Halls of Lightning would take MUCH longer than 15 mins
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

I'd like to see the group that does Deadmines in 15 minutes.

Exaggerations. If you get a really good group and go fast enough, they yes, it does run fast. Not 15 minutes, but around 30 is a normal expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandr View Post
    lol yeah in wrath I would clear a dungeon before the finder cooldown would drop off. so I would go afk to get some more chips.... in cata that not a problem.... all guild group on shorter dungeons 20-25 mins.
    I thought completing a dungeon reset your dungeon finder cooldown?