Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldurion View Post
    Eh, what? Have you ever played any MMO besides Warcraft? Like Warhammer Online for example?

To me it felt like WHO and not very WoWish.
    Actually its like both i guess. WoW stole alot of the class system from WHO with wotlk and cata. But Overall with the UI and Mechanics its closer to wow. Once again I did not say that being simular was a bad point. I only said that if you are expecting to play something totally different this is not what you get in this game. Its another retake on the same gameplay. This is not a bad point, but its still something a player needs to evaluate when they buy a game. Also who ever said im biased toward wow, you can armory me i played 2 weeks total of Cata on and off, then i let my account go frozen because i been tired of wow for a while and cata is just nothing fun. I even specified the beta of rift is not at lvl cap, therefore i cannot pose judgment on the whole game, i still have my opinion on how it will end up at launch according to my own experience and reasoning. If im wrong cool way to go rift.

On a better note, cant wait for the SWTOR beta, been subscribed i hope i get picked. I got high expectation for this one since i love bioware, i know that at least the questing experience will make up the game purchase value. The rest is still a huge question mark. Can only hope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Actually its like both i guess. WoW stole alot of the class system from WHO with wotlk and cata. But Overall with the UI and Mechanics its closer to wow. Once again I did not say that being simular was a bad point. I only said that if you are expecting to play something totally different this is not what you get in this game. Its another retake on the same gameplay.
    Gameplay =/= Graphics.

But that's just me splitting hairs. Otherwise I agree with what you said.

Sure the UI might look like WoW but they made it better. You can resize and move anything in the UI. Log into WoW, disable all your addons, then try and rearrange your UI. You cant do it without an outside addon like MoveAnything. Out of the box WoW's UI is horrible with no customization other than adding more toolbars and remapping hotkeys and impossible to move anything to where you want it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilicia30 View Post
    Sure the UI might look like WoW but they made it better. You can resize and move anything in the UI. Log into WoW, disable all your addons, then try and rearrange your UI. You cant do it without an outside addon like MoveAnything. Out of the box WoW's UI is horrible with no customization other than adding more toolbars and remapping hotkeys and impossible to move anything to where you want it.
    Your right. I bet this will be the reason why Rift will kill Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Another game where the Developer thought to compete with WoW with a incomplete product. Why play a Incomplete game with promises of patching in, when you can simple play the complete game and not have to wait?
    lol Blizzard still buff'n and nerf'n classes every patch? They ever achieve that balance they talked about 4 years ago yet? Talk about WoW fanboi central. If you want an unbiased opinion pick a different site or go play the Beta for yourself.

Why hasn't the name of this site been changed to Wow-champion yet?

oh yeah btw just look at these terrible graphics on my NVidia Geforce 9800GT <--some big top of the line right!..lol bad right lol

Stop saying Rift will kill WoW because even the producer at Rift said Blizzard is the only thing that can kill WoW and they seem to be doing a good job of it

I've been playing rift since beta five. Currently leveling a warlock/necro/dominator and absolutely loving it. Quests are fun and engaging, its also very fluid taking u through the zones in a very smooth fun fashion introducing u to new things along the way. I feel like I'm really a part of what's happening. A lot of action going on around u which keeps it from being a little boring. Just to give u some insight the rifts are exactly like the pq's in WAR. All I can say right now is have an open mind' stop comparing it to other games please!

The quests are fun, rifts are fun, the classes and abilities are awesome. I came into the beta with a beginners mind and believe me I think it'll be fun. Very polished and clean I think this game has great potential. And yes I noticed they took good parts from diff games and added it in and they did a great job imo. I think the game is worth it, and ill end up buying it.

One tip I can give u is don't take other ppls words for it. Try it for urself! Everyone has their own opinions of things and honestly too many ppl just compare compare compare! Just try it... u might like it
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Quote Originally Posted by Yai View Post
    Your right. I bet this will be the reason why Rift will kill Wow.
    You are a damn retard where did that poster say anything about Rift being a WoW killer. But after looking at your post history you are nothing but a pathetic troll with downs who jacks off to his WoW characters in his mom's basem...wait nm your mom doesnt want you, in your child molester uncle's house

Don't flame people. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-01-29 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega View Post
    um, no, adjusting animation would not require scrapping and redoing the engine.
    Do you....know anything about how video games work?

I mod plenty of video games, and make custom animations all the time. It has nothing to do with the game engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    Do you....know anything about how video games work?

I mod plenty of video games, and make custom animations all the time. It has nothing to do with the game engine.
    Umm, I think you misread. He was saying the same thing you are saying...

I only hope that since everyone loves the multi spec capabilities in Rift more than anything. That WoW will atleast introduce a triple spec or something. I might be spoiled. But a triple spec would make such a difference for me. I am a resto shaman and I love healing. So currently I have a PvE and PvP resto spec. But I would love a triple spec for enhancement or elemental, probably elemental, for doing dailies or farming shit to get money. Because it's horrendous getting money as a healer if you aren't min/herb/both. And since I am a raider I pick 2 proffesions that give me something worthy. Aka not any gather profession. And I recently server trasnfered, so no Herb/mine druid alt =/

And I believe alot of tanks would appreciate a triple spec so They could have 2 tank specs for different boss fights, and a DPS spec for if we don't need as many tanks on an encounter. And I believe Some DPS classes would love it aswell for progress raids, Mage for example. Fire for DPS, frost for kiting, and stilll have a pvp spec as triple spec.

It would be very convenient having a triple spec. I've nearly craved this since they introduced dual spec, as I said I might be spoiled. But it's a big difference on only having one spec to focus on. Or having options to get more specs. To have three specs would basically cover every spec most classes need to have. Some classes might want/need to respec still, but most doesn't have to if they get a triple spec. Might even reduce gold inflation in wow since some classes need to respec so often. I dunno.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Quote Originally Posted by Boltonsquad View Post
    Wait for Earthrise, its much like Tabula Rasa, but its been in development for along long time now and only just started releasing beta keys, check it out if you havent seen it yet
    It's nothing like Tabula Rasa and it's a pile of shit that won't be in any decent shape for at least 6months+.

looking at end game content you will have PvP(warfonts), Rift farming at lvl 50 zones and dungons (5 man) from what i have heard
    There's Warfronts, normal level 50 rifts, raid rifts, 5man instances with normal and heroic versions, 10man and 20man raids.[COLOR="red"]

This is purely personal but the armor and specially weapons dont look cool.

The armor, although i upgraded many times from drops/quest rewards they all looked the same. i saw some lvl50 armor and there are some cool pieces though.
    The weapons, i just like them bit more fantasy style, they kept it realistic looking. my char is a 2hander class. and they didnt look impressive. neither did the lvl50 looking weapons. now this may not be important for some, i surely see it as a con
    There is armor dyes, so if you don't like how your armor looks, repaint it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    The Rifts spawn are also way too over hyped. Its pretty much just the elemental event on steroids. The only good thing about it is it will give you the option to join the local raid with everyone else instantly. It was just a bunch of elite trash mobs and couple of mini boss and since its an open event that can strike anywhere you cant expect it to be very hard. Infact you can ignore them completly as long as you dont step near the rifts mobs dont aggro lol. Unless its very different at lvl cap and rift gives good loot, this is gona get ignored quickly. Who cares if it invade a low lvl town, mobs that you dont aggro unless you are a low lvl in that town wont hurt you.
    I don't even understand what your complaint here is if you are talking about the normal rifts?
    Rifts exist in a way that you get good xp, loot and rep from doing them, without forcing them upon anyone, sounds good to me that I can do them when I want and not when I have to.

And Rifts doesn't invade low level towns, the rift spawns invasions that starts running around in the zone and they'll sometimes set up a foothold in quest-hubs, those you actually have to team up with people and kill if you want control of the questhub back, but this isn't rifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Haldurion View Post
    Which is why I'm inclined to believe it'll be PVE orientated game.
    It will be, and it's never really been advertised as anything different.
    But there's also PvP souls, every class gets a PvP soul, Infiltrator (Rogue), Vindicator (Warrior), Archmage (Mage), Templar (Cleric).
    They've said you'll still be able to PvP fine without it though, but PvP will probably for the most part be balanced around the PvP souls.

@ everyone comparing it to WoW: fucking retards, learn to discuss or evaluate a MMO without comparing it to something.

Don't call people retards. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-01-29 at 09:47 AM.

Why do these threads always devolve into flamebait?

Be nice to each other or we'll have to close this.