What was the first game to ever make you realize you were addicted ?

For me it was this game called Crysalis on the 8-bit NES. Ended up playing that game for weeks. Then someone stole it from the rental place and I couldn't find it anywhere. Eventually purchased it in another city.

Then on the computer I got into Ultima 7 The Black Gate. I wandered the game world exploring for weeks without even following the main storyline or knowing it existed. Before I knew it the summer was over lol.

Asheron's Call. I played that game to the point of being a bit ridiculous about it.

By and large, however, most video games don't hold my attention for more than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Asheron's Call. I played that game to the point of being a bit ridiculous about it.

By and large, however, most video games don't hold my attention for more than an hour.
    Asheron's Call was definitely addictive. Surprised to see that mentioned here.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I've never really felt addicted. I've always felt it was my choice, and always get bored of them sooner or later. Never have any problem leaving it behind when I go on holiday (Though I'll miss the people I talk with :<)
    That being said, I do find myself stuck to flash player games thinking "I don't want to play this" but unable to stop anyway, sometimes.
    Bloons, man. Bloons.