First Timer's Build, please help!

I've been wanting to build a PC, and over the last few days I've done some research. Here's what I've come up with.
    Case: Apevia X-Plorer ATX Mid-Tower ----$50
    CPU: Intel i5-2500k Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz ----$225
    Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro ----$190
    Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 460 ----$180
    Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc Black ----$17
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 4GB (2x2GB) ----$50
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 500 GB ----$55
    PSU: Corsair TX650W 650-Watt ----$90
    Total= $957

Is there anything that isn't compatible about this build? I'm new to this, so I just put together what I'd read worked. Also, is there any way to cut down on the cost a little? I'd like it lower between $800-900. Any tips are much appreciated.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have plans to go SLI in the future, you can drop down to the standard ASUS p8p67 board and save 60$ there. Other than that, could you perhaps recycle a DVD drive from an older outdated computer? A cheaper PSU is also a possibility, but PSU's are never a piece of hardware that you want to skimp on.

On one note, looking on newegg, the case you picked is actually $69, so for that you might as well get the Antec Three Hundred

Looking it over
    Asus P8P67 -$60

That's sadly about it without having to start downgrading stuff. I would NOT get a cheaper power supply. A bad power supply can literally wreck everything in your computer, I wouldn't go lower then what you have now. Going back, you can save money by switching to AMD Phenom II X4 boards and CPUs. While they don't preform as well as Intel, the CPU's that go for around $165 will save you a bundle and you can even buy a six-core AMD processor for cheap. That being said, I would recommend that you spend a little more if you can the first time. There are probably going to be several SandyBridge cards released and buying into that line now will let you upgrade in the future for cheaper.
    Last edited by muCephei; 2011-01-28 at 05:05 AM.