Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

[Music] why all the hate on rap?

seriously? i know its true MOST rappers suck *cough* *cough* wiz kalifa *cough* but some modern rappers are good, kid cudi and eminem is all, but yeah why all the hate on rap?

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate rap because rap hates everything. Most rap songs 'bash' some kind of other music style or living style, or dressing style whereas I haven't heard many pop songs bashing rap.

That the reason to why I hate rap, I just don't get why rappers do that.

95% of them are terrible. Eminem, Dre, and them are the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Feress View Post
    i have to agree with u, eminem,kid cudi, dre are good, but thats it from the 2000's, but have you ever heard old rap from, anything from like 1995 and down, now thats real rap, like NWA they had to the balls to write something controversial, where as today's rappers have generic lyrics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feress View Post
    This.

Also; don't forget every rapper these days uses auto-tune. -_-

I feel most people hate "main stream" rap. A lot of underground rappers, and old school rappers, and hip hop artist, are very very good. They have great taste in both lyrics, and beats.

The flow of rapping, and the artistic style is quite awesome thing. Its just most main stream rappers, choose to rap about the generic, "money, womminz, and drugs" Where as, old school rapers, and under ground rapers mainly sing about real world stuff.

Others may just not like the beat, or the rythm. To put a Rap song next to a Metal song, or to a country song. Its quite a difference. Both in Vocal, and sound over all. That can also be another factor in it.

I will gladly let my Wu-tang Clan and Slayer mix on my Ipod. Thats the beauty of music.
    Alliance on Uldaman - Mortred, Traxex, Tarrasque, Kaldr, Shendelzare
    Horde on Draenor - Littleevil, Le, Xaladin, Smokingcrow.

apart from that they always sing about tragic life stories(from which 1/10 is true) and shit on everything but themselves? Just the sound of it.. Sounds so horrible, just horrible to listen to to.

That is all gentlemen

"It's not about lyrics anymore, it's about a hot beat and a catchy hook."

All these new rappers do this, and this is why Eminem and the others made Syllables to make fun of it. It's not good, this is all they do, what happened to real rap?

Quote Originally Posted by Arktosa View Post
    This.

Also; don't forget every rapper these days uses auto-tune. -_-
    every artist these days uses auto-tunes...not just rappers

Quote Originally Posted by splifone View Post
    i have to agree with u, eminem,kid cudi, dre are good, but thats it from the 2000's, but have you ever heard old rap from, anything from like 1995 and down, now thats real rap, like NWA they had to the balls to write something controversial, where as today's rappers have generic lyrics
    Eminem blows NWA out the door with controversial music

Quote Originally Posted by Torements View Post
    Eminem blows NWA out the door with controversial music
    he just draws controversy towards celebrities, but NWA got the attention of the government! tell me another musician who had done that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rap is not music, wrong forum...oh wait, there is no [Crap] forum.
    But really, it's just noise, not real music.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, I don't consider rapping singing. You don't need to have a good voice to rap even though this is what music is FIRSTLY all about.

he just draws controversy towards celebrities, but NWA got the attention of the government! tell me another musician who had done that?
    Dee snider? Pete Steele, I know there are more.

seriously? i know its true MOST rappers suck *cough* *cough* wiz kalifa *cough* but some modern rappers are good, kid cudi and eminem is all, but yeah why all the hate on rap?
    your asking to be trolled.. i love rap and screamo and pop and hip hop and heavy viking metal... we all have different genres but all genres have meaningfull lyrics i just guess its because imo the majority of the people who play wow are 40 year old men who think acdc and iron maiden are the BEST BANDS EVAR.. that isnt saying they dont have meaningfull lyrics but look at some of lil waynes songs and some of eminems songs and you'll realise that rap isnt full of un-educated niggas and wiggas who grew up in the ghetto 'ballin'

WU-TANG CLAN AIN'T NUTHING TA FUCK WIT!

Big Baby Jesus is one of my heroes. He was a jackass and interrupting shit long before anyone knew who Kanye was.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2-5GSjZvW8

Wu-Tang is for the children.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post
    your asking to be trolled.. i love rap and screamo and pop and hip hop and heavy viking metal... we all have different genres but all genres have meaningfull lyrics i just guess its because imo the majority of the people who play wow are 40 year old men who think acdc and iron maiden are the BEST BANDS EVAR.. that isnt saying they dont have meaningfull lyrics but look at some of lil waynes songs and some of eminems songs and you'll realise that rap isnt full of un-educated niggas and wiggas who grew up in the ghetto 'ballin'
    i never said i liked most modern rappers

The reason people hate rap is mostly from what I've experienced is all of it is racism justified because the person is black they can use racist terms and nothing gets brought against them. Or that they're smacking hoe's, sleeping with b!tches, Doing drugs, Killing people, or breaking the law.
    I could be wrong and there may be one rapper (Who isn't christian influenced) that has a CD with none of the above on it but from what I've seen there isn't and it's just a bunch of crap music that does nothing but influence violence and drugs everywhere you look. Like middle schools where almost everyone in middle school where I live is on drugs and everyone in high school is a dad/mom doing drugs in their parents basement while rocking their kid to sleep..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate rap but a lot of the lyrics I've heard are just repugnant. Too hostile and/or vulgar for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Retards Attempting Poetry except Eminem