Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Next time you're in Throne of Tides...

Honestly if you have ever wanted to be a raid boss try this.

Get an inexperienced group and wipe a couple times.
    Pull out the Affliction PvP spec
    Hope everyone dies before the last add
    Shadowflame the blight adds when boss mode activates
    Put all DoTs on Ozumat and just drain tank the whole thing.

I ended up using two Soulburns: Healthstone (got to 1.64m HP which in itself is epic) and drain life (gets rough towards the end)

Got up to about 2000 stacks I think. My debuffs dont show past 3 digit stacks. (I could be wrong but my debuffs were at 2...)

I got a bonus for getting the engineering rez off on the dead healer =D

Chat log:

Damage Taken:

Healing Done:

DPS:
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7505/dmgdnsolo.jpg
    Last edited by ZzXK; 2011-01-28 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    NERF LOCKS!!!!!!

i kid, i kid. damn, that's impressive

Deleted
    time to reroll warlock x)

Good job! damn imprerssive ^^

Get a shaman for bloodlust and you'll do sick DPS. My shaman does about 80k on Ozumat :P

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is damn impressive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    How did you ress the healer with the engineering thing if you were in combat?

I've solo'd this boss myself in a standard PvE Destro spec. Had an amusing run where the healer died early phase 2, we pushed to phase 3 (barely) and the tank died about a second in. The amusing bit comes from the fact that it also was the run where I got the achievement for the boss, which was also the last I needed to get my Volcanic Drake.

Maximum stacks from the boss is 200. Still a ton of damage, but with Nether Ward (and, more importantly, the subsequent Nether Protection) combined with percentile-based life gain from Drain Life and Demon Armor increasing that still, he died easily (or rather, I lived easily). I'd expect any Aff or Destro lock could handle it, even Demo (if it remembered to put up Demon Armor).
    Mercy has no meaning to me.
    Common Sense and Common Courtesy should both be renamed; neither are very common anymore.

Locks are op...but I can't stand to level one... I dunno why. But I must try for this reason!
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianakm View Post
    How did you ress the healer with the engineering thing if you were in combat?
    After combat =D

Was this heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by lthompson94 View Post
    Was this heroic?
    Considering the warlock and druid in that group both are level 85, I would assume that this was done on heroic. I can't imagine a level 85 healer would have that much problems healing level 81 normal dungeons.

Edit: Not to mention the valor and justice points awarded as mentioned below and Chaos Orb being looted.
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2011-01-28 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lthompson94 View Post
    Was this heroic?
    The screeny say:
    70 justice points awarded
    70 valor points awarded

So i'd say yes, most def on HC Good going!!!

Screenshots or it didnt happ...... wait....

Seriously excellent - would love to have seen this - makes my retarded effort at warlockery look even worse!

Deleted
    Yh you can do this as demo aswell, I did have a problem once though when neptulon decided to die. Bastard.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've also seen blood tanks do the same. Anything that gets healed by attacking the boss can do this. I've done it a few times as a destro lock.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK View Post
    Honestly if you have ever wanted to be a raid boss try this. Get an inexperienced group and wipe a couple times.
    Why get an inexperienced group and why do I have to wipe a few times? Anyway other than that nice job, I love soloing bosses,kiting with dots etc and be the last man standing. Anywhoo good job looks like fun, I may have guildies just stop attacking and let me solo it next time see what # I can do with lust.

Warlocks are really helpful for ToT,

Upstairs we can fear on the 5 man pulls and on the first boss, We're ranged on the second boss so that's nice.

Downstairs on the right we can use our voids to take the first blow from the huge packs of little guys, and teleport means we take no damage from the big guys.
    On the left we can purge swell, and as mentioned we make the last boss a piece of cake.

The only downside to bringing a lock is the crazy damage our dots do after MC falls of a toon on the optional boss

15+ Year Old Account
    ... why the hell would you dot your party? You just single target nuke them.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    ... why the hell would you dot your party? You just single target nuke them.
    I actively try to kill my guildies when we do heroics. It's OK, the feeling is mutual, our priest likes using Leap of Faith to grief people.

I rerolled from hunter. I do miss misdirecting the boss onto the healer, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastar View Post
    we can use our voids to take the first blow from the huge packs of little guys
    I assume this is a mistype of 'We can pop Demon Form + Immo + SF + Felstorm + Hellfire + Infernal then lololololol'.