Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Rate the Shadow Priest Above you Cataclysm Edition

New version for Cata, for those of you who don't know what to do just reply to the post above you and look at the given armory and give hints/suggestions about anything you see.

Heres mine:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...phastas/simple

I'm assuming you don't have access to maelstrom crystals for enchants yet.

I'm just nit-picking...

Assuming you want to be as close to hit cap as possible:
    If you change your helmet gem to int/haste, shoulder gem to int, and belt gem from int/haste to int. Then enchant chest with 15 to all stats, bracers with +50 spirit. Reforge wand mastery -> hit, band of secret names crit -> spirit.

You gain:
    +38 int
    16.97% hit, instead of 16.16%

Crit goes from 24.04 to 23.82% (raid buffed)
    Haste goes from 30.31 to 29.57% (raid buffed)

If you don't care about hit cap so much... leave your bracer enchant as haste, ignore the reforging suggestions. If I use latest build of SimC, you gain about 50 DPS if you use this option where you don't quite get to hit cap.

I personally like being as near the cap as possible, but that's just personal preference.

My armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/suramar/revulva/simple

@revulva - looks like most of your gear is meant for healing, excluding the waist, and gloves. your main spec is holy and your secondary is shadow.

my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ryokoko/simple
    comments and critiques welcomed!

Deleted
    above:

replace the gem in your head to 20 int and 20 haste and prehaps gem reforge for hit cap (even though 16% is close enough, personal preference really). And i don think you are aware of that the talent Twisted Faith, because of your leg enchant and gems. This talent actually gives us hit, by letting all the equiped spirit to equal hit, which makes spirit slightly more beneficial for us.

Also your spec is messed up, veiled shadows is a must because it reduces the cd by 10 sec when youll crit with mf, which will increase dps and mana regen. And silence is rather useless in a pve spec and especially paralysis too because it is a pure pvp-talent.

I cant post mine, because of not enough posts. But my character is named Köttpräst on stormscale eu.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on US so I can't look you up Kottprast.

Here's mine though. :P

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...icate/advanced
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by anan View Post
    above:

replace the gem in your head to 20 int and 20 haste and prehaps gem reforge for hit cap (even though 16% is close enough, personal preference really). And i don think you are aware of that the talent Twisted Faith, because of your leg enchant and gems. This talent actually gives us hit, by letting all the equiped spirit to equal hit, which makes spirit slightly more beneficial for us.

Also your spec is messed up, veiled shadows is a must because it reduces the cd by 10 sec when youll crit with mf, which will increase dps and mana regen. And silence is rather useless in a pve spec and especially paralysis too because it is a pure pvp-talent.

I cant post mine, because of not enough posts. But my character is named Köttpräst on stormscale eu.
    Thanks for the gem and talent tip, armory doesn't include the heroic presence but I assure you I'm hit capped (17%)

I wanted to also add that i PVP mostly and only raid twice a week, and you're probably seeing my PVP talents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWT5AUCE View Post
    Thanks for the gem and talent tip, armory doesn't include the heroic presence but I assure you I'm hit capped (17%)

I wanted to also add that i PVP mostly and only raid twice a week, and you're probably seeing my PVP talents.
    Oh, didnt pay attention of you being a draenei.

But then thats a quite bad pvp spec, i mean no ph or phantasm? :S

pontificate
    tendrils trinket - think about reforging to spirit vs hit since spirit gives hit and regen vs just straight up hit - really anything you've reforged to straight up hit change to spirit
    look to be close on hit rating

in terms of pve use never really thought of the inner fire glyph as one - something more utility based like mass dispel or something useful based on fight type, could be wrong though, whatever fight you were last on you could have found use of the inner fire glyph

new to forums however - Cýreñ on Aggramar US
    Last edited by Cyren-spriestn; 2011-02-03 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyren-spriestn View Post
    pontificate
    tendrils trinket - think about reforging to spirit vs hit since spirit gives hit and regen vs just straight up hit - really anything you've reforged to straight up hit change to spirit
    look to be close on hit rating

new to forums however - Cýreñ on Aggramar US
    Spirit does not give regen during combat, regen out of combat is not a real issue, better to reforge other stats than hit to spirit (with the possible exception of humans due to spirit bonus)

Also hit cap is not strictly important, (a controversial topic, but if you're interested see more at shadowpriest.com) and is more of a playstyle choice. I personally found around 1k dps by dropping from hit cap to around 12% and setting up an add-on to make a sound on spell miss. (generally only miss 3 to 5 times on a fight such as Cho'gall).

Cýreñ -- I would reforge more to haste as I play a tad below hit cap spirit -> haste or mastery -> haste (at least until patch then we'll have to rerun the #s)
    Like your wand for example.
    Grats on the hammer

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/uuna/

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    Spirit does not give regen during combat, regen out of combat is not a real issue, better to reforge other stats than hit to spirit (with the possible exception of humans due to spirit bonus)

Also hit cap is not strictly important, (a controversial topic, but if you're interested see more at shadowpriest.com) and is more of a playstyle choice. I personally found around 1k dps by dropping from hit cap to around 12% and setting up an add-on to make a sound on spell miss. (generally only miss 3 to 5 times on a fight such as Cho'gall).

Cýreñ -- I would reforge more to haste as I play a tad below hit cap spirit -> haste or mastery -> haste (at least until patch then we'll have to rerun the #s)
    Grats on the hammer

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/uuna/
    Looks good, might mess around with a few reforging (mastery -> crit) just to push past a threshold or two. everything looks right though!
    also the spec is slightly different than what i might go for, i like my mind flay to reduce the cd of shadowfiend BUT thats more of a prefence on utility if anything. not a significant dps loss
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../rikken/simple

HAWT5AUCE:
    I'm curious as to why it looks to you like most of my gear is for healing? I'm logged out in my shadow gear. I'm not over the hit cap and all my gear favors haste where possible. Still working on getting a few more optimal items for sure, but my DPS is in line with what you'd expect for 347 average item level.

Quote Originally Posted by rikkken View Post
    Looks good, might mess around with a few reforging (mastery -> crit) just to push past a threshold or two. everything looks right though!
    also the spec is slightly different than what i might go for, i like my mind flay to reduce the cd of shadowfiend BUT thats more of a prefence on utility if anything. not a significant dps loss
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../rikken/simple
    My first spec is PvP, 2nd is PvE, I don't take sin and punishment for PvP because it shares DR with fear and psychic horror and is presently a detriment. (also I'm not a real serious PvPer just like some BGs and having pvp set for farming stuff+world pvp)

10+ Year Old Account
    You are severely gimping yourself gemming hit/spirit. I imagine you are doing it because of the meta which isn't worth the loss of all the intel you can gain gemming intel.

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post

Grats on the hammer

on spirit/hit - damn i troll those forums, blind eye to that information, and bad recommendation - thanks for the heads up - as some of my dps gear is for offspec heals at the moment i'll leave as is.

In regards to hit cap - i'll stick with my hit rating, a fear missing on cho'gall fight can be detrimental as well as the increased importance of mb with the upcoming patch, i really don't wanna bite my tongue off when i see a miss on a mb that could crit with my mirror proc and wings going and 3 stacks of shadow orbs XD **edit: geezus... gonna take me a while to read this debate on hit cap.. up to debate yet ***edit again: will take your recommendation tonight and see how it goes [= peace

hopefully i'll be able to readjust as i get different gear - next shoulders be miiiine lol - thx for the heads up on spirit tho and ya, i /drool for hammer XD
    Last edited by Cyren-spriestn; 2011-02-03 at 05:23 AM.

I got nothing to add. Gems, enchants, reforging, spec, everything is pretty much how I would do it.

10/10

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...chrus/advanced
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    el oh el
    Fanboy harder.
    ?
    Seriously? What the fuck makes me a fanboy? I gave him 10, he had done everything the way I would.
    I have no idea who Fuzz is, or the guild. But should I rate low to someone who is doing it right?

Your advice is not worth anything due to your fanboy comment...
    Either way I haven't played 2 weeks by now, (if you already read this, my fault, it's the wrong enchant, don't recall why on earth I have that one)
    And under hit cap? Yeah I am, seing as haste is a higher prio than hit.

Crit Meta is a DPS upgrade, Dont give bad advice
    Okay, as far as I am aware, right now the crit meta is stilled fucked up. This will change with next patch if that is still the plan.
    But seing as you will not be using the right gems to activate the crit meta, the int one is a better choice atm.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2011-02-03 at 11:15 AM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

15 Stats on BiS chest
    Under hit cap
    Hit cap doesn't mean anything, run it in any simulator and you'll see what I mean. Even missing a Mind Blast will give you ES, it's not like missing Backdraft as a Warlock.

The +15 stats is a premeditated flaw, I roll with ~5k gold right now and prefer saving up for the Volcanic Deck rather than buying +5 stats for 7k gold It was rough on my economy to reroll just before the expansion then pay 1-3k gold / raidnight. Hopefully it will catch up now that I can start selling my valor boots.

Sorry dont take advice from nobodies
    Well good for you ^^ I am sorry that nothing I will say will change anything then, being unable to take advices from others that might not be part of the top 3 guilds is a problem.

If you wanna keep playing with your spirit gems and crit head, go ahead.
    But by calling me a fan boy for rating someone actually doing it right, and not wanted to take advices is stupid.
    But I guess you think your always right..

Either way

Red sockets: 40 int
    Blue socket: 20int + spirit (or 40int)
    Yellow socket: 20 int + haste (or 40int)
    Meta: 54int + 2%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Hit cap doesn't mean anything
    Not entirely true.
    Being at 15% won't hurt your DPS.
    Being at 12% your DPS gonna be gimped.