I simmed you twice, once without dark intent and once with

With Dark Intent
    Haste: .4910 x 50 = 24.55
    Mastery: .4050 x 65 = 26.32

Without Dark Intent
    Haste: .5559 x 50 = 27.795
    Mastery: .4404 x 65 = 28.626

The mastery enchant is better in both cases, albeit, slightly
    <3 Looks like I'm spending even more money on Maelstrom crystals!

buy mine before 4.1 hits =P

i logged off in my disc spec but my shadow spec is on my secondary, im gathering maelstrom crystals for power torrent so should i hold out for a different weapon, also should i start raplcing hast with crit? or just keep stacking haste?

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalvengyr/tornsavior/simple[/url]

would like some feedback on my sprz if possible, thx in advance
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/ronorvent/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    You have to have both Mastery and Crit, if you favor one and are devoid of the other it will be a DPS loss. The two stats are too close to declare one is better than the other.
    That's not whay my simcraft results say:

Helter Skelter with Dark Intent and infinite_mana=1

Code:
               ?	Int	Spi	SP	Hit	Crit	Haste	Mastery
    Scale Factors	2.9661	1.2815	2.3411	1.2627	1.1865	1.3952	1.1134
    Normalized	1.0000	0.4320	0.7893	0.4257	0.4000	0.4704	0.3754
    Besides this, since I'm always getting Dark Intent, reforging mastery to crit increases my raid's warlock dmg. So I don't need any mastery at all.
    Last edited by mmocc46c8e1895; 2011-04-08 at 07:36 AM.

im gathering maelstrom crystals for power torrent so should i hold out for a different weapon, also should i start raplcing hast with crit? or just keep stacking haste?

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalvengyr/tornsavior/simple[/url]

Deleted
    Stack haste ALWAYS.

Some people says haste is even better than hit, but imho it's Int > Hit cap (+16% but I'd say 17%) > Haste > Crit > Mastery.

I'd say you can enchant your current weapon with Power Torrent. Magmaw's dagger is a very good weapon. Chogall's mace is better, but not much. So if you don't expect getting it soon, I'd get Power Torrent asap.

Btw, you are disc specced in armory so I can't help you that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    That's not whay my simcraft results say:

Helter Skelter with Dark Intent and infinite_mana=1

Code:
               ?	Int	Spi	SP	Hit	Crit	Haste	Mastery
    Scale Factors	2.9661	1.2815	2.3411	1.2627	1.1865	1.3952	1.1134
    Normalized	1.0000	0.4320	0.7893	0.4257	0.4000	0.4704	0.3754
    Besides this, since I'm always getting Dark Intent, reforging mastery to crit increases my raid's warlock dmg. So I don't need any mastery at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    And "your" boots give me mastery which is the worst shadow stat by far
    From those weights, I wouldn't call mastery the worse stat by far, they are pretty close, actually. How many iterations was that run with? Use at least 10k to get a somewhat accurate weight. I bet if you stacked crit over mastery, at a certain point mastery will come out ahead.

Deleted
    I used 10k of course. That's not the only simcraft I've run. Mastery was the worst stat in all of them.

Anyway, crit is better than mastery. By far or not but it's better. And improving crit, I improve the warlock's dps too. What would I get stacking mastery instead?

What would I get stacking mastery instead?
    In my opinion the value of mastery increases with every additional target. While not true of every fight, there are plenty of Cata raid bosses where you can roll your DOTs on at least two targets, particularly in heroic modes, and every SW:P you have ticking away increases your chances of proccing an orb which in turn increases MB damage and reduces the chance of Empowered Shadow starvation. Most of the theorycrafting I've seen supports the idea that you should maintain a reasonable balance between crit and mastery, though like the "to hit cap or not hit cap" debate, personal preference and play style will have some say in whether or not your Simcraft results are actually ideal for you. Don't completely discount something before you try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    In my opinion the value of mastery increases with every additional target. While not true of every fight, there are plenty of Cata raid bosses where you can roll your DOTs on at least two targets, particularly in heroic modes, and every SW:P you have ticking away increases your chances of proccing an orb which in turn increases MB damage and reduces the chance of Empowered Shadow starvation.
    True. And the more crit you have, the bigger is the chance to get a crit in multiple targets fights too. And the more haste you have, the faster your dots tick in multiple targets. Of course you get more from mastery in multiple targets fights. But you get more from your haste and crit too.

But I must say I ran a new simcraft yesterday and in this case crit was just a LITTLE BIT better than mastery. Enough to keep my current reforges.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nowseal/simple

and meh.. im running Blackrock Caverns for 8 weeks now everyday for the shoulders... stil no luck