Poll: What is your tool?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariston View Post
    show me the link
    i have 1 of every class, im just saying the mage has just the right spells to lay it out on the controller nicely
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRyual8MNtc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinwtf View Post
    I have 44+ Keybinds, a controller won't work for me.
    lol...i got no idea how you have so many

controller wouldnt work for that many

yay getting paid today gonna go get a controller and test it out lol

Deleted
    I have 50+ binds, pretty much impossible for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    that is highly entertaining

you said the triggers and bumpers could be used as modifiers right....what about holding a bumper and trigger, both triggers, and both bumper to help with binding to the controller....also what about using the D-Pad to help with spells as well?

From what you have stated in your follow up post, you can turn and target but how can you cast anything but the most basic skills?

I use a Naga mouse.
    I have only 12 skills showing on my screen that are my primary skills. I can hold shift and those 12 skills turn into 12 different skills, I hold ctrl and another 12 different skills show (buffs, seals and hands-pally), same for alt (profession skills and monuts).
    My "oh crap" skills are hot keyed to my keyboard.

If your leveling or solo playing, I can see how the console might be ok.

However anything past solo/questing your method will massively hamper your game play.
    Don't get me wrong, if it works for you then great.

I would strongly suggest you adjust to a mouse and keyboard set-up.
    If your accustom to the console pad, there will be a brief period of learning but the payoff for the adjustment will help you in the long term, where the console pad will only limit you.

I can't see raiding or even a simple 5 man heroic and that configuration doing anything but hurting you...and chat is nothing to shrug off when your not playing with yourself . (giggity)

48 skills all cast with my right thumb. + 8 keybaord hotkeys. (I use mouse for movment but do have "A" and "D" set to strife. "W" is forward and "S" backwards.
    Last edited by Jesusatan; 2011-01-28 at 11:37 AM.

Deleted
    i havnt played a warrior tank in a veryyyy long time...the targeting issues are there...but there are shortcuts to target party members....just i dont need to use them...i dk tank, so my AE is quite easy imo and so i have little problem...just tab target with ma bumper.
    yeah DK tank could work.. also, you use bumper 1 for target cycle forward and bumper 2 for target cycle backwards? I dont know the controller enough but arent there only those two bumpers? Where do you get your modifiers? Also for backwards targeting I would suggest bumper2+1 using 2 as a modifier so you have one additional bumper free for modifiers

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 12:24 PM ----------

pvp often uses heavy situational macros that are used to CC one target while dpsing another. its more highend arena than BG and TB but its there.
    You can put several options into one macro making it act like you were binding it.
    simple example: warrior is dpsing arena enemy A while hes close enough to B and press pummle to interrupt. simple focustarget macro. to avoid bugging there probably is another pummle with different functionality

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæsar View Post
    you said the triggers and bumpers could be used as modifiers right....what about holding a bumper and trigger, both triggers, and both bumper to help with binding to the controller....also what about using the D-Pad to help with spells as well?
    i shall try to explain the modifier as best as possible...
    on right trigger, if you squeeze it lightly, you bring up a second action bar, then if you squeeze it all the way down you have a 3rd...

now if you squeeze it lightly and hold left bumper you get a 4th....and if you squeeze it all the way down and use right bump you get a 5th...
    5 x 12buttons = 60 possible actions

from 1,2,3...all the way to 8,9,0,-,= are bound to the following,
    a,b,x,y
    d-pad
    start and back
    left thumb clicl
    right thumb click

so you have all that space to play with...

there are other addons i have found, but i havent tried them yet

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jesusatan View Post
    From what you have stated in your follow up post, you can turn and target but how can you cast anything but the most basic skills?

I use a Naga mouse.
    I have only 12 skills showing on my screen that are my primary skills. I can hold shift and those 12 skills turn into 12 different skills, I hold ctrl and another 12 different skills show (buffs, seals and hands-pally), same for alt (profession skills). My "oh crap" skills are hot keyed to my keyboard.

If your leveling or solo playing, I can see how the console might be ok.

However anything past solo/questing your method will massively hamper your game play.
    Don't get me wrong, if it works for you then great.

I would strongly suggest you adjust to a mouse and keyboard set-up.
    If your accustom to the console pad, there will be a brief period of learning but the payoff for the adjustment will help you in the long term, where the console pad will only limit you.

I can't see raiding or even a simple 5 man heroic and that configuration doing anything but hurting you...and chat is nothing to shrug off when your not playing with yourself . (giggity)
    if you locate the addon and read the description...they have a link of the addon being used on the lich king fight ^_^

it all comes down to being comfortable

as for chat i do swithc to my keyboard...or im on vent so i just talk
    Last edited by mmocc3ff874764; 2011-01-28 at 11:29 AM.

Ariston, if it works for you and you can do all that with a console than ..dang man your good :-).

Seems you have your own system and mussle memory for that set-up, then keep it up!

It's all about what you can quickly do with any set-up.

Good luck mate and in all honesty, if you can faceroll using your method, then who cares what others do or prefer.

It's your game, your hobby and you play however you like. I respect your choice as long as you can perform.

Good luck, best wishes and enjoy yourself...it's just a game after all ;-)
    Last edited by Jesusatan; 2011-01-28 at 11:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesusatan View Post
    Ariston, if it works for you and you can do all that with a console than ..dang man your good :-).

Seems you have your own system and mussle memory for that set-up, then keep it up!

It's all about what you can quickly do with any set-up.

Good luck mate and in all honesty, if you can faceroll using your method, then who cares what others do or prefer.

It's your game, your hobby and you play however you like. I respect your choice as long as you can perform.

Good luck, best wishes and enjoy yourself...it's just a game after all ;-)
    that is the damn philosophy i live by when it comes to WoW

righteous XD

I use a gaming mouse and keyboard, it's almost an over kill, i don't think i could do 1/2 the stuff i currently do with controller, but to each thier own. If you find it more enjoyable to play using a controller, fill your boots, the bottom line, it is really just a game, if you are not having fun, you are wasting your time

i play wow with the logitech steering wheel :rock:

Quote Originally Posted by critterkiller View Post
    Was just going to say that
    Arcane or frost that is, fire has abit more abilities though for pve i guess it could work.
    Frost PvE could never pull that off. It has probably the most abilities in its rotation out of all the mage specs. FB, FFB, IL, Freeze, Deep Freeze, Flame Orb and of course cooldowns like icy veins. Fire has like 3 to 5 spells depending on the situation.

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    Aw sweet. But he couldnt use the pet freeze which is passable in PvP as of now but its integral to PvE.