Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How can i make myself better? Holy

I beleive i am a good healer, i have good mana management, i contantly top meters while healing in 10mans (vs a druid and a priest), i do end up low on mana on most fight but still manage to keep healing with judements and DP, but i cant help feeling that im missing something in my gear which will improve my healing over all.

I usually tank heal and spot raid heal when ever i can.

So far we have 5/12 bosses down in normal, i know not much but we raid twice a week .

Anyone how is closer to high end raiding who can give me some tips on my gems, talents, enchants and reforges? Armory link is in the sig.

PS i dont like Aura mastery 2 min cd for a 6 sec buff is stupid imo since i always have the concentration aura. (elemental shaman always keep his glyphed healing stream totem on)

Edit: Raid set up :
    Warrior, DK tanks
    Paladin(me), Druid, Priest(mostly plays shadow) Healers
    Moonkin, 2x Hunters, elemental shaman, combat rogue DPS

Edit 2: I will be buying the Vicious shoulders and valor ring or trinket (need advise on those aswell)

Edit 3: Where is the love???
    Last edited by mmoc85ee6b8975; 2011-01-28 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    You really should consider taking Aura Mastery. AM is an insanely useful CD. In fact, you could say, it's your strongest AoE-Spell. If you AM your resistance aura, just before a huge AoE goes off (Blackout, Scorching Blast,..) you reduce the incoming damage by approximately (additional) 25%.

You should also consider taking 1/2 Blessed Life. It's an incredible source of HP. My advice is: Get Protector of the Innocent to 2/3 , improved Judgements to 1/2 and take 1/2 Blessed Life and 1/1 AM.

I see that you're using only pure gems. I would change both pure haste-gems to int/haste and the spirit-gems to pure int-gems. Especially the +10 crit bonus on your boots isn't worth taking. I'd also change the enchant on your boots to something with runspeed increase. 30 sta + runspeed would be really cheap and would increase both your hps and your survivability.

Your glyphs are standard. You might want to exchange Beacon of Light for Divine Protection on AoE-heavy encounters.

Considering the time that's passed since the release of cataclysm and 5/12 progress, you might have some valor points to spend. I spent mine on the following items, highest priority on top:
    - Core of Ripeness
    - Band of Secret Names
    - Relic of Eonar

Tips:
    - Buy Core of Ripeness and macro it to Aracane Torrent. Both have a 2 min CD and should be used on CD or, if possible, when Manatide is up.
    - Use Divine Favor with Holy Radiance. DF increases the effect of HR incredibly.
    - Get used to use your offensive and defensive CDs as often as possible.

Deleted
    Aura mastery is indeed the best damage reduction spell, especially cause it doesn't have long cooldown and everyone in the range can get it.

My advice is to keep PoTI 3/3 (it's sick, every boss does AoE damage, or damage to the raid) and take one point off Imp. Judgement and Last Word and put one on Aura Mastery and one on Blessed Life. I myself just recently admitted (and I've been raiding since I hit 85) that blessed life is huge holy power gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Natu View Post

Get Protector of the Innocent to 2/3

2) I see that you're using only pure gems. I would change both pure haste-gems to int/haste and the spirit-gems to pure int-gems. Especially the +10 crit bonus on your boots isn't worth taking.
    3) I'd also change the enchant on your boots to something with runspeed increase. 30 sta + runspeed would be really cheap and would increase both your hps and your survivability.

4) Your glyphs are standard. You might want to exchange Beacon of Light for Divine Protection on AoE-heavy encounters.
    1) DO NOT take points out of PotI it's one of our best talents here and works pretty damn well with beacon of light (depending on how much damage you take yourself it's ~15-20% of your healing done)
    2) agreed pure haste gems are pointless
    3) There are plenty of encounters where you don't have to move at all or where you can use HR while on the move so atm I'd say 50 haste is still better (this may change at higher gear levels due to stats inflation)
    4) Beacon of Light is kind of pointless as you'll rarely have to reapply it more than once per fight and on AOE heavy encounters that usually allow stacking Light of Dawn is more appealing than Divine Protection !_!

Deleted
    Ouch.. how could I miss the LoD-Glyph? Shame on me, it's nearly mandatory. -.-'
    Last Word ought to be the better choice than PotI, agreed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    3) There are plenty of encounters where you don't have to move at all or where you can use HR while on the move so atm I'd say 50 haste is still better (this may change at higher gear levels due to stats inflation)!
    Only boss where you don't really have to move at all is Halfus normal. Everything else requires you to move.

To4W: Conclave, Al'akir
    BoT: Halfus (fireballs), V&T (Blackout, Breath, Dazzling, Void Zoning+Debuff, Breath), Council (Waterlogged, Wind/Earth buffs, last phase), Cho'gall (crashed, fire voids)
    BWD: Magmaw (worms, the AoEshit), Omnotron (LOADS of moving here), Chimaeron (feuds, perhaps the only fight where you move the least), Maloriak (a lot of moving in HC - normal red phase and perhaps green phase, and blue to follow the tank and the last phase), Atramedes (sound tornadoes or whatever, fire, breath), Nefarian (holy paladin is the best class to heal the add tank here so you're constantly moving)

What you're saying is, pardon for my harshness utterly bullshit. Speed enchant is the best enchant there is on boots for a person who raids, especially if he's doing hardmodes or planning on doing them. You do NOT want to waste your HR on most of the bosses.

(Magmaw does AoE damage and people usually stack up after killing the adds, Magmatron/Clouds/etc on Omnotron do AoE damage, Chimaeron does splashes/Massacre/feud damage, Maloriak does AoE damage, Atramedes does some AoE damage, Nefarian does AoE damage. Halfus does AoE damage, Valiona+Theralion do AoE damage.......... Everyone does AoE damage, I could go and go and on how bad it is to say "USE HR HEHE IT HAS SPRING LULS" when he used it 10 seconds before AoE damage.)

Also, Divine Protection glyphs is one of the best glyphs you can possibly have. It has a noticable damage reduction, it will help you and the other healers to focus on other people and low CD.

Last Word isn't better choice than PoTI. Eod.
    Last edited by mmoc068aeb4f3d; 2011-01-28 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Despia View Post
    [...]
    I meant,it's the better choice to get points for BL and AM

Obviously, I should've made it more clear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natu View Post
    I meant,it's the better choice to get points for BL and AM

Obviously, I should've made it more clear.
    Ah, I see

Quote Originally Posted by Despia View Post
    Only boss where you don't really have to move at all is Halfus normal. Everything else requires you to move.

1) To4W: Conclave, Al'akir
    2) BoT: Halfus (fireballs), V&T (Blackout, Breath, Dazzling, Void Zoning+Debuff, Breath), Council (Waterlogged, Wind/Earth buffs, last phase), Cho'gall (crashed, fire voids)
    BWD: Magmaw (worms, the AoEshit), Omnotron (LOADS of moving here), Chimaeron (feuds, perhaps the only fight where you move the least), Maloriak (a lot of moving in HC - normal red phase and perhaps green phase, and blue to follow the tank and the last phase), Atramedes (sound tornadoes or whatever, fire, breath), Nefarian (holy paladin is the best class to heal the add tank here so you're constantly moving)

4) What you're saying is, pardon for my harshness utterly bullshit. Speed enchant is the best enchant there is on boots for a person who raids, especially if he's doing hardmodes or planning on doing them. You do NOT want to waste your HR on most of the bosses.

5) Also, Divine Protection glyphs is one of the best glyphs you can possibly have. It has a noticable damage reduction, it will help you and the other healers to focus on other people and low CD.

1) Conclave? The only time I need to move here is when the ice patches spawn that's once every few minutes and meanwhile there are plenty of instant heals to use.
    Al'Akir: Well maybe...
    2) Halfus: You don't have to move out of each of them (thanks to PotI) and if you need to there are still instant heals to use.
    Cho'Gall: Firepatches have never been an issue to me (at worst 1 of them spawned in the group per fight) and Crashes are very infrequent - doesn't warrant getting the enchant either imo.
    3) Magmaw: You can time your HR with the transitions just saying
    Maloriak: Black Phase maybe - rest not so much
    Nef: Are they? Meh whatever as I'm group healing here I don't have to move at all.

4) That's why everyone in Paragon uses Haste on boots?

5) The only place where I'd see myself using this is Halfus 10 man heroic just because the regular DP isn't enough to keep you alive through Hand of Sacrifice + a barrage of fireballs.

Deleted
    1) Conclave? The only time I need to move here is when the ice patches spawn that's once every few minutes and meanwhile there are plenty of instant heals to use.
    Al'Akir: Well maybe...
    2) Halfus: You don't have to move out of each of them (thanks to PotI) and if you need to there are still instant heals to use.
    Cho'Gall: Firepatches have never been an issue to me (at worst 1 of them spawned in the group per fight) and Crashes are very infrequent - doesn't warrant getting the enchant either imo.
    3) Magmaw: You can time your HR with the transitions just saying
    Maloriak: Black Phase maybe - rest not so much
    Nef: Are they? Meh whatever as I'm group healing here I don't have to move at all.

5) The only place where I'd see myself using this is Halfus 10 man heroic just because the regular DP isn't enough to keep you alive through Hand of Sacrifice + a barrage of fireballs.
    Black Phase+Fire -> Blue (-> maybe green depending on where your dpses/tanks have to go).
    Magmaw does AoE damage between the pillars, so using HR for it's max potential you can use it on your stacked up DPS.
    Also, I think moving on Halfus heroic requires the least movement in the current hardmodes. You CAN outheal yourself there with PoTI and DP. Firepatches aren't that much of an issue for us neither, but still might have to avoid them. It isn't a fight where movement is constant yes, but it still is.

Good arguement there "because Paragon paladins don't use movement speed on boots it means it must not be good". I'm not saying haste is bad, I'm saying it's not as good as movement speed in it's own way, but everyone has their own preferences.

I'm extremely bad in math, but I could say that I trust this enchant to be, for me and for many people, best possible enchant. You have to move a lot in hardmodes, and going "but you can overheal???" is bad. As I said, you don't have to move much on Halfus. I don't want to waste a sick spell like HR for speed every time I have to move, of course even with haste I wouldn't have to, but I still think I will personally, and if I only knew how to actually count it, gain more from the content I'm currently killing with this enchant on.
    Last edited by mmoc068aeb4f3d; 2011-01-28 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted

Actually, those holies with haste on their boots have all a 31/3/7 - spec, so they picked "Pursuit of Justice" for runspeed

10+ Year Old Account
    I beleive i am a good healer, i have good mana management, i contantly top meters while healing in 10mans

Shrug.

You really want Aura Mastery. If you're "afraid" of getting it because you use Consecration Aura, don't be. Just change to Resistance Aura and use AM then switch back if you must.
    Also, people tend to put one point in Blessed Life.

Also, people, please. Stop dragging Paragon people into the discussion. They're not people you should copy off as they tend to have specs and such for certain encounters.
    Hi

Like everyone else is saying, pick up aura mastery. Speed enchant to boots is good too, I don't use it but I probably should.

Honestly- blessed life will occur < 10 times, closer to 5, on average in the current Cata boss encounters. Sure maybe it's worth a single point if you don't like the other talents, but for everyone out there saying how amazing it is... really?

Deleted
    Ok just got back from work. thanks for all the posts. I got the vicious shoulders and enchanted speed on boots. i will fix talents tomorrow.

Deleted
    And i'm back.

In the mean time i:

Got vicious helm, core of ripeness, conclave ring of undertow and boots from omnitron.

and we are at 6/12 with council at 8 % so this week we will probably be at 8/12 (inc atremedes)

Anyone care for some more feed back please?

Slack enchant on your legs, you won't get much better for a while, specially if you've downed Halfus this week already
    BiS blue legs are from SFK if you really don't want to use it on those.

Your spec is fine, if you find yourself mostly using LoD you can consider swapping points from Eternal Glory or Last Word for Blessed Life but I wouldn't touch any of the others. This is primarily for 25m healing.
    Glyphs are still out of date, dunno if you've just not got around to it but, Divine Favour > Holy Shock, and WoG > LoD, if you find yourself moving up to 25's

Deleted
    Thanks for your reply.

I never arsed myself to actually buy the epic pants enchant i enchanted thoes pants over a month ago when the enchant was over 3k gold. so now that i have given up for the pants to drop from halfus i will actually buy them so when i go halfus next time, the epic pants will drop and i will have to enchant again

The glyphs are for the things i use most. I dont use LOD much. Holy priest/Resto Druid always around so no point in taking that glyph. I use WOG like crazy, every chance i have i WOG best heal ever. Unfortuantely my guild leader doesnt want to move to 25 raiding as we are a group of 10 rl friends raiding. But sooner or later we will have to.

Yesterday on Council i was about 5% behind the druid healer but i was always over 80% mana for when p3 arrives ( i wanted to test mastery vs haste. 15 mastery < 2% Haste :P). We kept getting stuck at 8%. Tonight BWD we have atremedes and chimaeron in the pipe line.

Biggest mistake i have done is buying the heavenly breeze cloak instead of haunt of flies.
    Last edited by mmoc85ee6b8975; 2011-02-03 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    All i can add is: Drop 1 point from Last Word, 2 points from Eternal Glory and go for 2/2 Pursuid of Justice.
    And for the love of god, don't get the movement increase on boots, its so minimal.. your better off with haste, and you realy can't ignore a +16% movement increase in a raiding enviorment where reposition is so important.

---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ptolemus View Post
    The glyphs are for the things i use most. I dont use LOD much. Holy priest/Resto Druid always around so no point in taking that glyph. I use WOG like crazy, every chance i have i WOG best heal ever. Unfortuantely my guild leader doesnt want to move to 25 raiding as we are a group of 10 rl friends raiding. But sooner or later we will have to.
    WOG is the heal i use less and less the further i get into the raid content to be honest..
    I realy liked it when i first started, but i soon found out that LOD is so much better.

Ones you get used to quickly face a nearby group of people, or stand 1 or 2 steps back so your stacked up group is in cone, you'll notice your actually contributing ALOT of raid healing, if not the most!
    The glyph is debatable for 10man content, kinda depends on your raid setup aswell, but since we mostly go with only 1 or 2 melee, healing 6 ranged targets instead of 5 does matter (and tbh, what other glyph would you take over it?).

Paladins just shine in stacked up raid healing.

Deleted
    Problem is that i use WoG quite alot and if im in deep shit and i need to move i can always use HR to sprint to a new position while healing. Yes i agree with the haste>minor speed increase which i will change tonight along with my pants enchant.

i cant understand why so many paladins are moving away from free WoGs? they are unreliable but when it happens you have the power of 2 holy lights for free and instant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ptolemus View Post
    i cant understand why so many paladins are moving away from free WoGs? they are unreliable but when it happens you have the power of 2 holy lights for free and instant.
    It costs another Global Cooldown, and WoG can't trigger Daybreak.
    I'd rather cast 1 DL when i see someone dropping low, then use WoG and hope for a proc, to do another. DL heals more then 2 WoG's.
    The proc is just as you said unreliable, and those points are spend better elsewhere.

This doesn't mean that WoG is bad or anything, not at all, but i just can't live without Pursuit of Justice myself, even if it means to give up a 30% chance for a free to cast WoG.
    Its kinda the same logic as with Haste vs Mastery vs Crit, Crit is unreliable, where haste and mastery are not, even if you know that crits heal for alot more!! its not reliable.

But anyway, can debate it all day long, i guess just reading up on elitistjerks, checking armory's of top guild healing paladins and watching paladin POV raid video's on this forum can help you out.