Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Left handed PC players

Does anyone else have a problem setting up their keyboards being left handed?

i use the mouse in the left hand and so i had to rearrange my entire keybinds to make it accessible

I think Ned Flanders has a store for Left-Handed people, I'm just sayin'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    I think Ned Flanders has a store for Left-Handed people, I'm just sayin'
    nice and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Ariston View Post
    nice and helpful
    Don't go sarcasm mode on me, I'm helping you by bumping your thread so it gets noticed

I'm left handed, but I still use the mouse right handed. So do all the other left handed people I know. I guess you're in a minority of a minority.

If you want access to all your modifiers, I guess you want a "pl;'" keyboard setup rather than "wasd".

15+ Year Old Account
    All the left handed people I know still use the mouse in the right hand just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bump. Bump bump bump.

No "Bump!" posts /Dalliah
    Last edited by Chelly; 2011-01-28 at 01:01 PM.
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

I play lefthanded with the mouse because I'm used to using a mouse / wacom combo when doing digital drawing, with the pen in my dominant right hand. That's why I don't WASD and use the arrow keys like a scrub.
    Hey!
    I'm Belgian, we don't use a QWERTY setup on our keyboards. Meaning I'd have to tweak keybinds even more to match with an AZERTY keyboard. I keep the majority of my keybinds still to the original hotbars, these are mostly the skills I can use while standing still. Instants and other stuff go to my Numpad keys, so I only need to use my small finger to reach most of those keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    All the left handed people I know still use the mouse in the right hand just fine.
    This. I can play just fine with my mouse on the right.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    I use it this way as well. Probably because the first mouse i had used constantly on my 386 i think was microsoft's one which was only for right handed people.

I'm a lefty, but I just always used to mouse in my right hand. Maybe it's an idea to get a right mouse and try to learn that?

well you actually play the game with wasd and using LCTRL instead shift / alt for modifiers

for eg ctrl+1 to 0 you can easly use all the 10 button with right hand whilst pressing left control which is pretty much harder for a right hander person besides if you need a better positioning use IJKL for WASD combination it will give you same control but i'd rather use WASD, just evolve yourself to right hand user's world :P

Deleted
    I don't see how being left or right handed would require a change in in keyboard/mouse configuration. I'm right handed but when on a computer my left hand probably does equal or more than my right hand.

Deleted
    I'm left-handed and i've always used a normal keyoard/mouse setup. I don't even know if there are any gaming mice out there for use in the left hand to begin with. So i'd actually recommend using a normal setup, mainly cause you might be forced to use it whenever you aren't at home.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i am also left handed and use the mouse in that hand.
    i'm still trying to get keybinds and macros set up for my way of playing, but there's very little information on left handed WOW players.
    playing the mouse in the left hand and having to use the keyboard right handed is a pain.
    if you have any luck finding a solution please make sure to put it on here for all of us left mouse users.

Mammoth and Imhulu, if all the left handers you know are all using the mouse right handed, then you really don't know that many left handers.

Deleted
    My friend plays with the mouse in his left hand. He has his keybinds just fine, and uses his numbers all the way up to 8 I think. He uses his little finger to click most of his number binds and the palm of his hand (right at the bottom of his little finger) to jump with the space bar. It seemed strange at first but he has no problem playing this way, and is fine in fast paced games such as Quake too. I dont think he uses much other than his number keys (and shift+ctrl).

Deleted
    I have a buddy who is in overall right-handed, but uses his mouse on the left. This had originated from the fact that his left-handed neighbour was the first one in the 'hood to have a PC (I'm from Poland, PC weren't quite popular here until sometime around 1998), and thus he had gotten used to such setup.

Now he is always QQing about not being able to get a mouse comfortable for left-handers. Though he is still considerably skilled at FPS shooters and Lineage II PvP, and had never complained about setting up keys.

Deleted
    I'm technically pretty close to being ambidextrous but for some reason I've come to favor doing various tasks with different hands. For example I always use my left hand for mousing so switching to using my right hand for the mouse when gaming would be a serious pain. Not because I can't, I can use a mouse just fine with my right it's just that I'm so used to using my left for the mouse.

Instead I settle for changing tons of keybinds (in FPS games I tend to use "uhjk" instead of "wasd" for movement since it lets me keep jumping on space and I have a lot of other keys around it). The main issue I have is when games have non-changeable keybinds for certain things so I end up having to adjust to those but in WoW it works just fine.

Deleted
    Learn to use right hand on mouse. Makes life a lot easier. I'm left handed but also used to use right hand on things that are designed for right handed. They are easy to learn especially when you use both hands on something (how does it matter what your main hand is doing when you still have to use both of them?).

My boss is left handed. We usually discuss WoW stuff during work. A few weeks ago we sat in his office and I saw him for the first time actively playing. He used to play with Mouse left handed, Arrow Keys right handed for movement while spells and stuff is bound to Num-Block which felt like an advatage to me as most of the default bindings right to WASD is combat-useless stuff while he is able to use all combat related buttons without leaving movement buttons.