Deleted

Holy and Patch-4.0.6

Hey there people!

I have a few questions about the next patch would appreciate some opinions. I have not started raiding due to being busy irl, incase anyone is wondering.

I'm wondering if "Mandala of Stirring Patterns", from Tol Barad, is worth getting. Next patch it's use will change and therefore will have a passive 321 spirit with a proc of intellect (1926 intellect as far as I understand). I can buy the "Core of Ripeness" with Valor points aswell, but not sure if it is worth it? And if so/not what trinkets should I aim to get (Arch one / Wave card).

Another thing I'm slightly confused about it stat weighting when the patch hits. Right now I'm geared how most Holy Paladins are geared, using: Intellect > Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery. As of next patch I've read the "weight" of Haste / Crit / Mastery are going to be very similar; however I've also read that Mastery is alot better in the PTR and people are gearing towards mastery sets - what?!

Thanks for reading and hope there are some players out there able to help,
    Ortheus.

For healing, my raid brings 2 holy pallys, 2 priests (1 holy, 1 disc) 1 shaman, and 1 druid.
    Me and the other holy pally gear and spec a little different, to compliment each other in raids.
    I was doing Int > Spirit > Crit > Haste > Mastery, as we have a lot of instant heals. However, I learned that haste increases the amount Holy Radiance will tic. So now I do Int > Sprit > Haste > Crit > Mastery. The reason I do mastery last is because I don't think the shield is that great. It maybe absorbs half a hit. And when you use Holy Light, the shield is very weak because the heal is weak.
    But the other holy pally does Int > Spirit > Mastery > Crit=haste... because she is trying out mastery and she likes being able to do something different than me.

Also, you may eventually want to get both trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
    post filled with lots of random stuff....
    Why do you even post if you have no idea?
    And tell your other healer to stop "trying mastery" that stat is just awful...
    Last edited by Nillo; 2011-01-28 at 07:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Intellect with a spirit proc/use is almost always better than the other way around. Core of Ripeness will still be better than Mandala of Stirring Patterns. I can throw some math up here in a few hours (right now I have to run).

2. Nothing is changing about Mastery, really. We're getting a slight boost to overall healing at the cost of mana efficiency which will -slightly- decrease the value of Haste (due to Haste's mana guzzling component that isn't present with the other stats), but Haste is already so stupidly far ahead of the other stats, it'll still probably be Int > Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery (and this patch is another point in Spirit's side in the Spirit vs Haste debate).
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-01-28 at 07:19 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Ortheus View Post
    1) I'm wondering if "Mandala of Stirring Patterns", from Tol Barad, is worth getting. Next patch it's use will change and therefore will have a passive 321 spirit with a proc of intellect (1926 intellect as far as I understand).
    2) As of next patch I've read the "weight" of Haste / Crit / Mastery are going to be very similar; however I've also read that Mastery is alot better in the PTR and people are gearing towards mastery sets - what?!
    1) It's Better , but you should still prefer an int trinket with a spirit proc on it (or almost anything with a passive int). On of the reason being that you don't get much out of the base mana the int grants you if it procs while a spirit proc will always grant you the mana regen.
    2) You're probably confusing it with ret now, because their mastery is changed bringing it up to the level of crit and haste.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2011-01-28 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    Bostonian I don't think you understood my post or just didn't bother reading it - the stat weighting was to do with next patch, not the current one.

Thanks to all the other replies, probably will pass on the trinket and think I was getting confused with Ret stats.