Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Priest on Chimaeron (10)

My guild began attempts on Chimaeron last night. We are healing with myself (holy priest), a resto shaman, and a holy pally.

Holy feels really amazing on Massacre and during Feud with our AoE tools PoH, CoH, Hymn, etc. My question is during the first phase when the raid is spread out and we have players taking the Caustic Slime hits (think 2 players per hit [had some spreading out issues, so not 100% certain]).

What spell should I be using to heal the 1-2 players that are in my group? Heal feels a little slow, Flash Heal seems kind of expensive, Renew sometimes had bad RNG with people getting hit again before enough HoT ticked to take them above 10k.

Currently, we have primary assignments something like holy pally beacons MT and direct heals the OT taking Double Attack, helps out elsewhere when possible. The resto shaman focuses on he DPS in the group with the two tanks and helps out with OT when possible. The holy priest, myself, takes care of the other group with remaining DPS and heals.

Heal is only too slow if both of the people hit are in your group and no one helps you. In all other cases, heal is plenty fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fréddíé View Post
    Binding Heal.
    No. Its heals yourself and the target? whats the point of that if you are not 1 of the 2 people.

This is what Flash Heal is designed for tbh. in a worst case scenario you have 4 seconds to heal 2 persons (incomming Massascre for example) But if you are confident with your reaction speed you can also use Greater Heal. (since Heal wont cut it health wise).

Also get something to show you clearly who is below 10k, prevents overhealing.

Blinding heal is a good idea, what if the priest is one of the players hit with caustic slime? then you just effectively healed two people over 10k in 1.3 seconds. it costs about the same as flash heal and ANYTHING over 10k is over healing. so why not use blinding heal, just incase you get lucky.

Deleted
    I'm using Flash Heal too, 25 and 10 players mode since you have all the time to regen between that.

I just cast another PoH. It will bring them both over 10k, costs less than two FH, and is faster than two FH.

Deleted
    In our kill I mostly used Binding Heal, it isn't really that expensive. But since you're holy I guess you've specced into Test of Faith, in that case you can just do a PoH when slimes hits. It costs less than FH and heals for over 10k.

If I were you, I'd take holy palas on MT/OT at all times, having both you and the shaman help him out when noone's taking damage. Shaman takes care of group 1 when you take care of group 2. Group 1 is placed on the left side of the room with the shaman, and group 2 in the right side of the room with you. Then you won't have range issues if you're having it atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dujith View Post
    No. Its heals yourself and the target? whats the point of that if you are not 1 of the 2 people.

This is what Flash Heal is designed for tbh. in a worst case scenario you have 4 seconds to heal 2 persons (incomming Massascre for example) But if you are confident with your reaction speed you can also use Greater Heal. (since Heal wont cut it health wise).

Also get something to show you clearly who is below 10k, prevents overhealing.
    My Heal hits for 13k so I don't know why you're assuming Heal won't cut it.

That said, OP, use Binding heal if you as the priest are one of the people slimed and you knock both Low Health (debuff for being <10k health on that fight) out in 1.3ish seconds.

If someone else is healing one target and you're only responsible for one (which sounds likely given that you're three healing it), then Heal. If you need to heal two targets, then either Holy Word: Serenity (I only go Sanctuary for Feuds, generally) and a Heal on the other target or two Flash Heals does the job. If mana is an issue I recommend HW:S and Heal, which is damn close to mana neutral if not actually mana neutral.

If you're not comfortable switching between Serenity and Sanctuary Chakras then 1) Rejoice because 4.0.6 is going to make it a lot easier and 2) Practice, because that's mighty useful, or 3) Just Flash Heal the two targets.

I start the fight off in Serenity chakra and I keep a renew rolling on the main tank. If two people in my group take damage (other than myself), I use Holy Word: Serenity on one and then flash heal the other, then go back to spamming Heal on the tank if I don't need to help someone out with his or her group. If three or more take damage, I PoH, then CoH right after to help out another healer two might have had trouble (since CoH is cheap and a smart heal). If chakra is off cooldown for feud, I use it to get its CD back up ASAP and start PoH spamming. If chakra is not off CD for a feud, just PoH spam without any chakra up that way you can more efficiently heal your group for caustic slime. (Besdies, being in PoH/M chakra for a feud isn't as necessary on 10m as it is on 25m.)

What I do is this:

I am in holy word: heal, and use that if it's off cd, otherwise I use flash heal, since you shouldn't have to heal the tank if you're raid healing, you have time to regen mana when noone is hit.

Then, during feud, you spam the shit out of aoe heals, and use shadowfiend during first feud, that way it will be of cd at the end of the fight again.

Use hymn of hope right after people are hit and healed up, you should be able to finish the cast before the next people are hit.

I use my Chakra: Serenity state... If only one person in my group gets hit I'll throw a normal Heal. If two persons get hit, one will get a Heal and the other will get Holy Word: Serenity. Both Heal and Serenity will heal for well over 10K in the appropriate chakra state, raid buffed.
    If an other person and myself get hit I'll (obviously) use Binding Heal. If 3 persons in the same group take a hit (in case they havn't spread out) I'll use Prayer of Healing.

on our kills I've been putting myself in Heal Chakra for the spit phase, casting heal on the first target and HW:Serenity on the second gets them both to 10k+ with the least amout of mana usage and gives me plenty of time between massacres to top off anyone in the danger zone with a Flash heal. That way I have plenty of mana and cooldowns for the spammy Feud phase.

Before the pull, optimize your party. Make sure that you can hit all 5 for massacre.
    Open the pull with heal chakra.
    HWS and FH your assignments (usually group 2). Dont be afraid to FH. Be assertive: clear low healths before the next caustic spit
    Once your initial heal chakra is over, just use aoe chakra for feuds. From experience using heal chakra in subsequent phase1s causes chakra to be on CD for feuds

Dont renew the nontanks and dont use heal, doing so is very fruitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Devotions View Post
    My Heal hits for 13k so I don't know why you're assuming Heal won't cut it.
    Not everyone has 6,5k SP to make that happen. Tho since i'm disc i dont know how much Test of Faith brings into it.
    And since FH and BH cost roughly the same it didnt seem like good choice, mind you this is comming from 25man Chimaeron where i rarely have myself and others down below 10k

Sadly the best way to go is Flash Heal / Binding Heal if you have taken the hit. I like everyone's idea for PoH as well and will definitely try it. Generally I kept to Chakra: Serenity and saved it for the last slime before massacre (or the first one after mass). This is the hardest one to heal because you have so little time.

It's one of the most stressful jobs there is in healing, insane triage. Although Shamans are much better at it than priests, but you can do it. Just hang in there
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    You have 3 healers, assign 2 healers to take care of slimes. We divide it so I priortize grp2 and the paladin grp1. If both slimes hit grp1 I will take the target furthest down and the same for grp2. That way you only have to heal 1 person. Now if you have a shadowpriest or a shaman it gets a ton easier, simply bump them into grp2 and heal will be enough (8k with raid buffs) + 12% from Test of Faith should bring it upto around 9k, that last 1k can usually be covered by healing stream totem (1k tick) or shadowpriest healing (300-400sec). Then you just have to watch for the people in grp1 where two of them will be tanks (they don't get slimed), you can either try heal and if isn't enough just follow up with a coh or use flash heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    You have 3 healers, assign 2 healers to take care of slimes. We divide it so I priortize grp2 and the paladin grp1. If both slimes hit grp1 I will take the target furthest down and the same for grp2.
    We split up the healing the same way in our 10 man. Each slime healer takes a group. If both slimes hit the same group, one healer always takes the top slime and one healer always takes the bottom slime. This ensures minimal overlap and overhealing.

A positioning tip is to position healers close to the rally point for feud to minimize movement and have the raid arranged around the healers accordingly so that everyone is in range of slime healers.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please tell me there is a lightwell down and that everyone is smart enough to only use it after getting hit with slime or right before the end of a massacre cast. That'll put anyone over 10k in 4 seconds, and if people in the raid aren't clicking on on the timings that i mentioned, they are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aervalis View Post
    Please tell me there is a lightwell down and that everyone is smart enough to only use it after getting hit with slime or right before the end of a massacre cast. That'll put anyone over 10k in 4 seconds, and if people in the raid aren't clicking on on the timings that i mentioned, they are bad.
    This and like other say binding heal if you get hit

Other than that, I would use something like DBM that raid marks people who get hit and you take one mark, the other healer takes the other.