Building a new computer

Greetings! It's time to build a new computer - the old one is 4+ years old, and really has no salvageable parts.

After getting the tax return, I should have about $1300 to play with, so I'm needing advice/help on this build. Trying to build something that will last as long as possible, and play WoW and other games.

• Case: CoolerMaster Haf922 ~100
    • MoBo: ASUS P8P67 Pro ~190
    • CPU: i5 - 2500k ~230
    • PSU: SeaSonic x750 ~165
    • Memory : Ripjaws 4Gb (2x2) ~50
    • Video: EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 ~380
    • HD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ~60
    • DVD: ASUS Black 24x ~20
    • Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212+ ~30
    • Thermal Compound: Artic Silver 5 ~10
    • Windows 7 Home 64-bit ~100
    Estimated total : $1335

Am I getting the most bang for my buck? Is there something that I'm horrifically over looking?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    make sure it's windows 7 home premium, other than that i have no suggestions to fix. you can downgrade to a 650W PSU if you want to save some money
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Like llDemonll said, you could save a few pounds here or there, but other than that you'll get great out of the box performance should you stick with that build.

Make sure the monitor you have or plan to buy is HD, otherwise you won't be able to really see what your money bought you. Your set-up can put out a lot of FPS on high resolutions, but if your monitor is not HD you won't get the high resolution options and your PC will still perform well, but you will only be able to see about half of what your PC can really do...meaning a PC of half the price could perform equally well as yours given the resolutions you are limited to.

Thanks.

Yes, my current monitor is HD, so no real problem there.

Curious about the GTX 570 v. GTX 560 Ti, though. Looks as though I could save ~$100 there, would the drop off in quality be *that* noticeable?

15+ Year Old Account
    unless you run benchmarks or a ridiculous resolution, no
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Mique View Post
    Thanks.

Yes, my current monitor is HD, so no real problem there.

Curious about the GTX 570 v. GTX 560 Ti, though. Looks as though I could save ~$100 there, would the drop off in quality be *that* noticeable?
    That probably depends on what the resolution of your monitor is. "HD" doesn't really describe it too well, what resolution do you run games on generally?

The GTX560 can *generally* be overclocked to GTX570 stock levels or slightly past. The GTX570 can be overclocked of course, but I'm not sure how well. Apples to apples, though, the GTX560 is 10 or 20% slower than the GTX570 when both are left at stock depending on the program and resolution you're running. (If you're at extreme resolutions like 2560x1600 the GTX570's bandwidth really pulls it ahead, but most people really don't run at THAT res.)