Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahren Kaa View Post
    LOLOLOLOLLO Fire in pvp.

If you have dark intent (if for some reason there's no druid / other warlock to waste it on) use FFB w/ glyph

As for the frostfire orb talent, 2 points are necessary to make it proc fingers of frost. Which is amazing for burst on the move in Peeveepee.
    If you know how to play fire in pvp i'ts better then arcane and has much better CC then frost.

FFO talent is taken for burst in arenas. You have a 20% chance to proc FoF every second ontop of your current procs from other spells. Sure, they can move away from your orbs, but there are a lot of tools to keep them there including the orb itself. It's a preference thing, really. You don' take that talent for the 20% extra slow since it would be silly to not glyph for FFB damage. I imagine the preference also depends on comp. If you're used for heavy damage and less CC, then you'd likely take FFO. If you're often focused or running a caster heavy comp, then you'll be spending your time peeling or kiting and your points are best spent elsewhere.

There haven't been full cookie cutter pvp specs for a while. 80-90% of points are manditory, while the last few have pretty much always been preference (or at least dictated by comp, much like poly glyph) even before the talent tree overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobs View Post
    But according to other threads, anything less then 1% difference = huge debate regarding dps.

I laugh.
    1% DPS is over 200 lost DPS for me. Now assume each DPS'er only loses 1% DPS, you're looking at over 1.1 mil lost dmg on the boss. Yeah, not so little now, is it.

Overall - 1% loss is still LESS then you COULD be doing... fuck cosmetics.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdition View Post
    maybe I'm not understanding correctly..but isn't grabbing that talent when you get FFB glyph...make it basically pointless?
    The 2nd point of the Frostfire Orb talent specifically adds a chill effect to Flame Orb, so the orb can proc FoF and brain freeze.
    Hotfish - Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    1% DPS is over 200 lost DPS for me. Now assume each DPS'er only loses 1% DPS, you're looking at over 1.1 mil lost dmg on the boss. Yeah, not so little now, is it.

Overall - 1% loss is still LESS then you COULD be doing... fuck cosmetics.
    Mmm, not following the math. -200.00?
    <Ashamed to Play WoW>
    [URL="http://www.ashamedwow.com"]www.ashamedwow.com

Deleted
    BTW its not 1% anymore... its 3,5% in last calculations (lvl 372 gear basic fight)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobs View Post
    Mmm, not following the math. -200.00?

-200*17*5*60= 1020000,

of course, this is assuming a 5 minute fight.

going with the post above, with 3.5%, it makes the drop even more significant
    Last edited by berenzen; 2011-01-29 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by berenzen View Post
    -200*17*5*60= 1020000,

of course, this is assuming a 5 minute fight.

going with the post above, with 3.5%, it makes the drop even more significant
    Level 85 bosses have over 100 million health? :O

oooh, 25 mans. Well, 1% is still 1%. 1 million out of 100 is not that much ^^
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Level 85 bosses have over 100 million health? :O

oooh, 25 mans. Well, 1% is still 1%. 1 million out of 100 is not that much ^^
    Did you never had a 1% wipe?
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

From what I've read, Frostfire is noticeably worse than Fireball at present - the 1% figure never accounted for a new source of Ignite munching when the FFB DoT crits. If they fix Ignite then it'll be time to roll out the math.

Ha ha ha... yeah. Fix Ignite.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Did you never had a 1% wipe?
    I did have few times. But it's mostly because people were making mistakes or were not good enough, not because someone was using rotation that potentially is 1% weaker than something else.

You speak as a person who judges people only by their talent spec / gems / enchants / gear level and not by the way they play and how much skill they have. Not many people even reach 70% of their class' potential, and we are gonna argue about this 1%

This 1% is not what causes whipes.

Oh, and don't forget that fireball / ffb is not the only used spell. So 1% damage from it is less than 1% of overall damage
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    with enough mastery & crit, FFB > FB
    I wanted to say. NO. NO. NO AND NO.

I dont get why people get the idea that Mastery is far superior when you use FFB... Fireball glyphed crits more which buffs ignite more which is also a dot. And its FAR BIGGER than the 200 damage dot from FFB, that is being refreshed all the damn time too.
    I remember doing napkin math in another thread and even at 1000% increased dot damage, Fireball is still ahead by a small margin because of increased ignite damage compared to FFB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Once again, even the simulations which show 3.5% in 372, don't take the real ignite munch mechanic into consideration. And FFB dot is just another possible way to munch your good ignites.

In other words, it's way more than 3.5% in reality.
    Last edited by LaplaceNoMa; 2011-01-29 at 02:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

FFB is useless unless they fix ignite bugs.