15+ Year Old Account

[FAQ] The Known Issues and Frequently Asked Questions Thread (4.0.6)

This thread is for adding or removing or updating this list. If you think you found a new one or think an existing one is fixed, start a thread on it. Post here with a link to your thread once a consensus has been reached and I will update.

Known Issues:
    • Mastery Trinkets only affect Meta if they are up when you press Meta. Wait for the trinket to proc/get used, then press Meta - it lasts the entire 40 seconds when done.
    • Felguard is not proccing Mana Feed as it should - this is not a bug, but people think it is
    • Felguard Melee does not benefit from Hand of Gul'Dan
    • Macros for the following spells do not work if the spell is on your bar: Soul Swap, Nether Ward. Remove from bar, use macro.

##################################################

Frequently Asked Questions:
    4.0.6 Affliction Pet?
    Succubus with Lash of Pain glyphed. Imp is not strong enough, even with Glyph and new Demon Soul effect, to overcome her substantial dps lead.

4.0.6 Demonology Pet?
    Single Target: Succubus with Lash of Pain glyphed. Felguard and Imp are not strong enough, even with Glyphs and better Demon Soul effects, to overcome her substantial dps lead.
    Multiple Target: Felguard with Legion Strike glyphed. This will result in more dps than Glyph of Incinerate.

4.0.6 Destruciton Pet?
    If you need this answered then I suggest you review your talent selection one more time.

4.0.6 What spec does the most damage?
    The one you can completely abuse and destroy things with. They are all close enough in terms of raw potential single target damage that your ability to play each spec makes the biggest difference. If you're adequately skilled in all three, Demonology is the best for any fight with 5+ targets to kill (Maloriak, Cho'gall, Halfus, Magmaw). On the rest, Destruction is the best due to better raid utility buttons (Shadowfury, Nether Ward, Nether Protection, Shadowburn) and marginally higher dps. Lastly, Bane of Havoc is a very easy cleave mechanic while Affliction needs to pay attention every 15 seconds to soul swap.

My Fel Armor isn't healing me. Is it broken?
    No, it's not broken. It doesn't heal you when you dps a target dummy. It will properly function elsewhere.

Should I be swapping pets for execute phases? I don't use Shadow Bolt sub-25% as Demo/Affliction
    It's a marginal 100 dps gain + coordination required to swap from a Succubus to an Imp/Felguard during execute just for the Demon Soul effect. I don't think it's worth it. If you see the boss at 10% with Demon Soul coming off cooldown and a Soul Shard free, you might want to try this for last 20-30s of the fight. The gain will be slightly larger than 100, but not worth it in other situations.

PVE: Why Soul Swap every 15 seconds instead of on cooldown?
    On two targets, UA and Corruption are both still up at 10s, meaning its a dps loss to use before one of them falls off. Wait until UA falls off before swapping to the target, and see if you can time it with an eradication proc or an enchant/trinket proc if they're coming off ICD soon. You should refresh between 15 and 18s. Never soul swap at the expense of the current target's dots, unless it is about to die.
    On three+ targets, swap on cooldown but never onto a target that has all your dots still going.
    It is a dps increase to clip COA to refresh Corruption and UA via swapping - do not wait the full 24 seconds unless the mob will die soon.

My warlocks are swapping Dark Intent like it was Focus Magic. What do I do?
    Read the other sticky on Dark Intent. If necessary, post a log in that thread and we'll get it fixed.

How much dps is good enough for raids?
    Baradin Hold: 9,000 on a target dummy, without using Curse of Elements. With raid buffs this will put you at enough dps to pull your weight on 10man.
    Everything else: 10,000+ on a target dummy, without using Curse of Elements.
    The reason you can't use Curse of Elements is that it is part of the raid-buff package. Generally speaking, you can increase your target dummy dps by 1.5 times to see what you can do in a raid with full buffs, but if you include CoE on the dummy you are counting it twice and overestimating your potential.
    Last edited by gherkin; 2011-02-11 at 05:16 PM.

R.I.P. YARG

Wait, so I'm gonna be using my Imp regardless of my spec in 4.0.6? That's awesome but weird at the same time...Awesome because I love my imp. Weird because as affliction I'm doing constant shadow damage and my pet's doing Fire.

ur a warlock think about it
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    ur a warlock think about it
    Honestly, let's keep this sticky on-topic and avoid useless banter.

OT: It's just the very best thing to do if we look at 4.0.6 from here - you won't have to Life Tap so much, meaning you have other skills you can use in these GCDs. That's more important than merely pet damage, not to mention the Imps' Demon Soul ability will be less useless than the current one we have.
    Did I mention you put less stress on the healers this way, as well?

Although I must agree it might feel a little strange using an imp doing Fire damage rather than Shadow, but hey - at least we don't have to manage the ISF buff any more Also Fire damage!

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    As an example for Demonology, the Imp does roughly 400 dps less than the Felguard but in exchange you almost never have to life tap. The GCD savings alone make up this gap, not to mention an extremely good Demon Soul during Meta and Decimation.
    On the PTR sims I made using the EJ PTR 359 profiles, I simmed both for fg and imp for demo, and looking at pet dps alone, imp was about 1.2k dps higher than fg, though the total dps gain was only 1k, meaning the FG demon soul is actually 200 dps overall better than the imp one, which makes complete sense, haste and dmg to all your abilites > crit on only your sbolt/incin/SF.

If you checked the live sims on EJ, they already switched demos pet to imp.
    Last edited by Micke; 2011-01-31 at 01:54 AM.

Regarding your explaination gherkin, how is affliction picking up mana feed since you stated all 3 specs will have it in 4.0.6? (mostly im wondering what talents are sacrificed to pick it up)

Deleted
    so, should our glyphs now be:
    Corruption
    haunt
    imp
    ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Update: I hate this god damn Affliction Drain crap. I was using the wrong profile to generate the comments on Mana Feed. The main post has been updated.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually noted Lash of Pain was working fine with HoG, but simply wasn't scaling with Crit (or Haste) at all - I think it's actually the Shadow and Flame Debuff she's not benefitting from. Also, I'm definately benefitting a lot less from Mana Feed with the Felguard than Succubus on live at the moment - just comparing this weeks to last weeks omnitron, where I use Succy last week, FG this week - I gained more than double the mana from Mana Feed using the Succy in a fight that lasted just 30s more.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2011-02-03 at 01:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    By looking, it seems to proc in 6.5s intervals - sometimes 13, sometimes 19.5.
    This means Melee is not procing Mana Feed, only Legion Strike is.

Here:
    Proof Felstorm doesn't proc it:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...%22Haakryz%22)

Proof Melee and Pursuit don't proc it:

Proof Legion Strike does:

Gonna test simcraft now.

---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 09:50 AM ----------

Simcraft models this correctly.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Confused as the OP says this:
    Succubus does more damage but Felguard procs Mana feed more. On a single target fight, Succubus will increase your overall dps by ~200 but you life tap more, making your healers grumpy. It's your choice. On multi-target fights,Felguard all the way. You can even glyph Felguard over Incinerate in these cases.
    This is wrong. Succubus is simming for me more damage (single target), and is actively on live proccing Mana Feed more often. There is no reason to be using FG in single target fights. Given the mana intensiveness of AoE you could make a decent case to not use the FG even there.

15+ Year Old Account
    I missed that, editted out.

R.I.P. YARG

I haven't seen this mentioned here in any thread, but HoG seems to be refreshing immolate back to 16 seconds, rather than the full duration thanks to the changes made to cremation. If this is intended and I'm just interpreting the changes wrong, then ignore this. :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkus View Post
    I haven't seen this mentioned here in any thread, but HoG seems to be refreshing immolate back to 16 seconds, rather than the full duration thanks to the changes made to cremation. If this is intended and I'm just interpreting the changes wrong, then ignore this. :]
    I just thought the change hadn't been implemented on the PTR when I was testing at the weekend; definately sounds like a bug because it renders the change to the talent completely pointless otherwise.

Indeed, after some further searching it seems a few locks have reported this on the support forums, so hopefully it will be hotfixed if possible!

Yup just got hotfixed

•Warlocks
    •Refreshing Immolate with Hand of Gul'dan is now correctly augmented by the Inferno talent, refreshing Immolate to a 21-second duration instead of 15.

15+ Year Old Account
    Updated for 4.0.6. If you think something should be added, let me know.

R.I.P. YARG