Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    This mindset is completely boggling to me. You see a UI that looks kind of the same and you jump to "its exactly like wow"
    just so you are aware..there are dozens of games that use that ui...many from BEFORE wow came out. It is what people like and can use easily.
    Who's talking about UI? I'm talking about everything that this game has is a copy. Rifts are Warhammer public quests, Souls are talent trees, theme is medieval fantasy, quests are all kill x/collect y, combat is select and skill spam. No sign of any innovation.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that RIFT hasn't done anything innovative.
    It takes a bit more than just a copy to succeed in MMO world these days.
    Guild Wars 2. That is all.

Deleted
    Some people like 90% chocolate, some people like 70%, some people like Milk Chocolate type 1. Some type 2. Some Bueno, some this (I could keep going). I think you get my point though.

I dislike "wow killer" as a concept and I dislike any "copy" argument, neither carry any kind of force.

15+ Year Old Account
    I miss the original Dark Age of Camelot. It was more balanced out of the box than World of Warcraft will ever be (minus Hibernia's baseline stun). The arrogance of the current crop of shitty developers will drown World of Warcraft (Lore guys keep up the great work). Something has to come along and take the reins and I believe Rift has the capability, only time will tell.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Deleted
    if you cant see how rift is a wow rip off you are blind. wow takes alot of money and as such alot of game companies want to make an mmo to try to take some of the market. the UI , the questing. everything is a blatant rip off, the three talent tree per class, so they made talents more flexible... that one thing diffrent in a list of many many similarities

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    if you cant see how rift is a wow rip off you are blind. wow takes alot of money and as such alot of game companies want to make an mmo to try to take some of the market. the UI , the questing. everything is a blatant rip off, the three talent tree per class, so they made talents more flexible... that one thing diffrent in a list of many many similarities
    Three talent trees which THE PLAYER chooses, not what some arrogant code junkie thinks you should have. That is a HUGE difference. The UI is a carbon copy for sure.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

no. dailies, grinding, and non random instances are the funnest thing ever

-.-

I read the first part and I will post something before I read the actual thread that was posted by someone else then I will edit.

I have seen nearly in almost every thread one person compare it to wow. People running around screaming "RIFT is a wow clone!"
    As if just because something is released first, that makes every other game IN THE SAME GENRE an exact "rip-off" copy. No. I played Warcraft for a while, loved it to level 20 but once I hit 21, it completely died. No fun, no excitement, yes, same thing over and over but that's every game. Except most games have that attractive consistency.

I never thought anything was a rip-off of anything else. Ever. Because that is how other games get created. Like pong. Pong inspired more and more video game creations. It's a constant chain, without it, these cry babies wouldn't have videos games to play.

If anything [in the cry babies' speaking terms] Warcraft is a copy of MUDs. Aardwolf MUD to be precise but MUDs began in 1970's. Aard was released in 1996. I wouldn't really know if "Aardwolf copied others." But it wouldn't matter because it's a great game.

I'm gonna stop right here and only share these pictures with you guys. Don't bash me for it, I'm not pointing fingers and saying "Oh Warcraft copied Aardwolf MUD, what a rip-off." No. I'm only stating that it is pretty strange but who cares, I play Aard not Warcraft. I play for fun not to constantly worry about who created what or why or who did it first. And yes I know, "Then why did you take those pictures?" Like I said, only to share it with others and ask their opinions at times like these.

]This first screenshot shows a scan of the mobs around me. I see "deathknights" in Dread Tower, which is the area. I checked a history help file to see the date recorded of when Dread Tower was added to the game. But, now this stupid rule of not being able to post media until I have a few posts is annoying so I will post the LINK to this picture.[/COLOR][/B]

http:\\oi49.tinypic.com\2z56mnn.jpg

This second one is all of the pictures put together to show the strange signs. And they are not so much strange because I know, lich is a fiction fantasy creature and "death knight" comes from D&D and D&D obviously inspired many RPG video games. The picture on the left is the help file on the Diamond Reach area. You can see it says "an evil lich is here controlling the undead." Ring a bell? Also notice the date in which the area was added. April of 2001. The bottom picture is a small cut out of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King from Wiki. The picture on the top right is the same as the link above.

http:\\oi47.tinypic.com\2e0o76x.jpg

---------- Post added 2012-05-02 at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome
    If you notice the signs, Blizzard seems as if they get their material from many other games. Just look at death knights, or doom knights, from D&D. Does that make Warcraft an automatic rip-off from D&D or because you play Warcraft, you will defend it and say otherwise? Take a peek at my recent post on this thread, if you will.[/COLOR][/B]
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2012-05-02 at 08:15 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomster View Post
    GW2 presents little interest to me as, putting aside the game's flaws, its community will be the same as LoL's, filled with exploiters, kids needing a good strangling, and generally people you want nothing to do with, all not giving a shit about consequences since the game has no sub so not much to lose for going full-retard.
    unfortunatly summed up my opinion on what looks like a great game sub fees make the game better period.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Deleted
    yes, i doubt the game will last an expansion, the ten million subscriber were only staying while the world had time world ends soon so everyone is leaving = game sucks

Wow is still a good game even though I am not playing it anymore.

However it's just not as good as it used to be for your semi hardcore raiders and above but understandably they had to dumb down the content for everyone
    as most of the playerbase is casual.

Yes people heroic modes is the same content done at a higher difficulty level.

10+ Year Old Account
    1st off, this thread hasn't been posted in since January 2011. Don't necro threads like this, it's pointless.

Secondly, the rules clearly say not to overuse colors/sizes/fonts/blah blah. This includes making your whole post in bold and 1/2 of it red. Don't do it. Thankks