Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Just dosent feel the same anymore.

Firstly, I play, raid, pvp and enjoy Warcraft and will most likely end up playing it to its dieing breath. I have played the game since the beggining of Burning crusade and had a brief raiding experiance having just touched tier 5 content. In wrath, like everyone else -.- me and my friends killed Arthas. And currently doing alright in BWD and BOT. However each expansion that goes by, i feel less and less excited to log on and just be here. I remember in BC running around Ironforge and seeing some guy with sick gear and just getting so pumped, or waiting an hour for a group to form for BFD and ending up running it with a hunter/pet tank and 4 druids because we couldnt find anyone else to do it. It may have not been the best way of doing things, but these have been some of my most fond memories of this game and the same goes for many of my friends (many of whom i met in these instances) and for me i think i know why the game is becoming more and more, for lack of better words dull. In my oppinion it has nothing to do with the raid difficulty or pvp balance, your going to have those at the start of a brand new expansion regardless. Its just something you have to deal with. However the things that has become more and more extinct has been the once EPIC warcraft community. Where did it go? My very guild was formed based on chance occurance with a bunch of noobs that leveled up together that met while questing. Now the game has become so linier i dont get thoes experiances anymore. Part of what makes the game better in my oppinion is what has been prograssivly making it worse. For example half way through wrath, with the introduction of the LFG tool the complaints started rolling in on gear ect. Not only was it easier to gear up. But imo that was the start of the end for the warcraft community, also (although debateable for sure) No nutral capital in Cataclysm seperates the player base imo. (although slightly and not a major part of my thread).
    And finnaly the game has lost any sense of drive for me. Its become Log in do daily, if its tues/thurs raid if its sat arena. Thats it. Thats all it is to me anymore. I really really miss the days of Halaa and the epic hellfire tower pvp. Not only did BC have more inbetween stuff to keep me busy, but it had more "for fun" rewards through reputations such as the mounts in nagrand or the tabards that were EXALTED ONLY (God i miss thoes) Not to mention the Aldor/Scyr Quests/lore. In my oppinion. While blizzard has been polishing the game we all play and love, what i dont think they realize is that the expansion that everyone seemed to like the most (generealy speaking) was burning crusade that was not as "polished" as it is now.

These are simply my thoughts and oppinions on my favourite game. Like i said before Ill play this untill the games last breath, i just feel the community is dead atm and that there is a lack of just "for fun" stuff to do inbetween.

Im really eager to hear your thoughts and oppinions/fond memories and complaints, please leave a comment and let me know if you agree or disagree. Im interested what the rest of the community feels.

My eyes really hurt looking at that let alone reading it. Modify it into clear paragraphs and I may read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    My eyes really hurt looking at that let alone reading it. Modify it into clear paragraphs and I may read it.
    Gotta agree with this. As soon as I saw that giant wall of text with no break points until the bottom, I went meh and deemed it not worth a read. Break it up and I may.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're just feeling nostalgic. I'm over Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK. Cata is now and if you think it's not as "polished" as BC then you probably didn't play the day BC even came out. The community was never any better during BC. You had the same elitists and egotistical players that exist now. You had the same trade trolls that are there now. Now that the game has even more subscriptions, we just have more of them.

No neutral city is a BLESSING. Thank god. Neutral cities were crap. We're opposing factions who HATE each other and for the first time since Vanilla we are separated again and to that I say 'Good riddance.'
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

It doesn't feel the same because the game hasn't changed much in theory. Still raids, heroics, Pvp, dailies etc.

People now just expect everything to be falling from the sky, don't like grinding, difficulty of heroics, tanks being jerks and so on. The thing is Vanilla had more grinding that Cata, but people still moan its too much. Vanilla and BC had hard instances, and now when the heroics are challenging again, players QQ on forums. Tanks are considered both a plague and a necessity in LFD, but most of us forgot 2 things.

Tanks go with guildies to have a clean run or don't go at all, because of the jerk behavior shown by dps and healers. If a dps is jerk, no one says anything, but if the tank is jerk because of the group then they start pouring with threads on forums.

I think what I wrote was offtopic, but felt the need to write it.
    Last edited by Piggo; 2011-01-28 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup the community blows now behind the shroud of anonymity. I've canceled and will soon run out, but I still like you guys here at MMO-Champ and will continue to visit to see how the game progresses, but I just cant play with the majority of the WoW community anymore people are just ridiculous. What makes it worse is the players who really suck to play with are not the so called "baddies" (and I so hate that phrase).

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say that I had your experiences, or that I valued them. I hated group quests. I absolutely loathed with every fiber of my being trying for multiple hours to put together an old world leveling dungeon run only to have it split up because no one wanted to go to the summon stone. These changes are definitely for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Venjin View Post
    Gotta agree with this. As soon as I saw that giant wall of text with no break points until the bottom, I went meh and deemed it not worth a read. Break it up and I may.
    No need to read. Its the same as every other "Wow isnt the same anymore" topics. They started playing a few years ago, the game was exciting and new. Now a few years later they dont feel like its fun anymore. Most dont understand its the same still, you just have been doing it forever.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Yup the community blows now behind the shroud of anonymity. I've canceled and will soon run out, but I still like you guys here at MMO-Champ and will continue to visit to see how the game progresses, but I just cant play with the majority of the WoW community anymore people are just ridiculous. What makes it worse is the players who really suck to play with are not the so called "baddies" (and I so hate that phrase).
    What? I'd rather play with the world's most egotistical ball of hatred that was good than the world's most friendly, kind person that was bad. At least the egotistical ball of hatred would get me to laugh. The friendly person would make me start to rage because how do you tell a nice person that they are absolutely horrid and the run would be better without them?

Nostalgia at its finest. BC was full of some shit grinding that it became a chore to log on. BC was our first expansion after what, several years at that point of Vanilla, which only had Naxx as its "big" end game update? Between the shit that was logging of for Sunwell dailys, waiting for raids, etc, it was just as "boring" as you may say. The expansion we first lvl in is ALWAYS going to seem more fun because you had no goddam idea what you were doing and were content with flying around aimlessly doing w/e came across your path. You clearly must have been doing different Hellfire tower pvp because all I ever saw was "oh lol we got the tower...to the next one?" which is...more or less Tol Barad...that thing we all hate. As for your issue with the LFD tool, I rather get fail PuGs than sit around for 2 hours searching for a tank to do some lower lvl dungeons.

Its a simple mechanic of the human brain to remember what it WANTS to remember over that which wasnt quite so liked. So when you forget alot of your "noob days" as I'm sure alot of us actually have, we only recall the fragments we want to recall. Fun with friends, cool lore, lol moments. But what about the grinds, the waiting for fail raids, loved guilds dieing off, etc? This game has changed so very little from what it has been all along, and people are just ignorant to it because of pure nostalgia.
    Last edited by Gharld; 2011-01-28 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    What? I'd rather play with the world's most egotistical ball of hatred that was good than the world's most friendly, kind person that was bad. At least the egotistical ball of hatred would get me to laugh. The friendly person would make me start to rage because how do you tell a nice person that they are absolutely horrid and the run would be better without them?
    Point in case.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aspyre View Post
    No need to read. Its the same as every other "Wow isnt the same anymore" topics. They started playing a few years ago, the game was exciting and new. Now a few years later they dont feel like its fun anymore. Most dont understand its the same still, you just have been doing it forever.
    Not true, i still find the game itself very exciting just the other day we got a few attempts on Nefarion and while we failed epicley. It was equal to the excitment i felt in the beggining. Its exciting. The thread is about the communinty.

IMO go sign up for the Rift Beta, it will be all shiny and new for you
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    Nostalgia at its finest. BC was full of some must shit grinding that it became a chore to log on. BC was our first expansion after what, several years at that point of Vanilla, which only had Naxx as its "big" end game update? Between the shit that was logging of for Sunwell dailys, waiting for raids, etc, it was just as "boring" as you may say. The expansion we first lvl in is ALWAYS going to seem more fun because you had no goddam idea what you were doing and were content with flying around aimlessly doing w/e came across your path. You clearly must have been doing different Hellfire tower pvp because all I ever saw was "oh lol we got the tower...to the next one?" which is...more or less Tol Barad...that thing we all hate. As for your issue with the LFD tool, I rather get fail PuGs than sit around for 2 hours searching for a tank to do some lower lvl dungeons.

Its a simple mechanic of the human brain to remember what it WANTS to remember over that which wasnt quite so liked. So when you forget alot of your "noob days" as I'm sure alot of us actually have, we only recall the fragments we want to recall. Fun with friends, cool lore, lol moments. But what about the grinds, the waiting for fail raids, loved guilds dieing off, etc? This game has changed so very little from what it has been all along, and people are just ignorant to it because of pure nostalga.
    The Hellfire towers were awful to me because I played on a PVE realm back then and people would blue wall you until they outnumbered you and then just overwhelm you. Blue walling is about 99% of the reason why I left PVE realms. That shit is just fail beyond all comprehension. If you only play on a PVP realm, blue walling is the practice of mounting up on a flying mount, waiting until you unflag for pvp, then landing back on the ground and waiting for more people to show up before you flag again.

Tol Barad is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by fiireballz View Post
    Not true, i still find the game itself very exciting just the other day we got a few attempts on Nefarion and while we failed epicley. It was equal to the excitment i felt in the beggining. Its exciting. The thread is about the communinty.
    ...But all the reasons you gave were over game mechanics, not "omfg elitist and casuals"

...But all the reasons you gave were over game mechanics, not "omfg elitist and casuals"
    Yes, Elitists and casuals have nothing to do with my thread. I was simply responding to someone that had mentioned i was just not excited anymore. Pointing out that that was not the case. However i do feel that the community has weakend, and to me the community adds a lot of fun to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    You're just feeling nostalgic. I'm over Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK. Cata is now and if you think it's not as "polished" as BC then you probably didn't play the day BC even came out.
    If you think he actually said BC was more polished then you didn't read his post at all...

He meant that BC was better, possibly because it was less polished....

Less commercial...

Less Balanced... And to be honest, I agree. Everyone says its just Nostalgia, but it is not, BC was more fun. Peroid. Back before GC and activision. Not everything was cut and dry like it is now. It was more exciting.

Not that cata is terrible or anything. I am having fun, but its not the same. And anyone who actually played BC knows it.
    Last edited by Tantric; 2011-01-28 at 09:04 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR

Wall of text crit
    I made myself read it though, because I'm that bored.

I definitely agree that Blizz shorted us on the "for fun" stuff (as you put it) to do when not raiding or running dungeons. There is precious little to do at max level short of dailies, heroics, and playing the Rift beta when it's up.

Some of us simply have no interest in creating new characters to see the new low level content they decided to add. Some people enjoy it though, so /shrug.

I really hope blizzard catches on to the fact that many (note I did not try to imply a majority -- that's an important distinction) players are installing and playing the beta of another mmo for something to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantric View Post
    If you think he actually said BC was more polished then you didn't read his post at all...

He meant that BC was better, possibly because it was less polished....

Less commercial...

Less Balanced... And to be honest, I agree. Everyone says its just Nostalgia, but it is not, BC was more fun. Peroid. Back before GC and activision. Not everything was cut and dry like it is now. It was more exciting.

Not that cata is terrible or anything. I am having fun, but its not the same. And anyone who actually played BC knows it.
    Precisely my point. Thank you for posting.

Nostalgia at its finest. BC was full of some shit grinding that it became a chore to log on. BC was our first expansion after what, several years at that point of Vanilla, which only had Naxx as its "big" end game update? Between the shit that was logging of for Sunwell dailys, waiting for raids, etc, it was just as "boring" as you may say. The expansion we first lvl in is ALWAYS going to seem more fun because you had no goddam idea what you were doing and were content with flying around aimlessly doing w/e came across your path. You clearly must have been doing different Hellfire tower pvp because all I ever saw was "oh lol we got the tower...to the next one?" which is...more or less Tol Barad...that thing we all hate. As for your issue with the LFD tool, I rather get fail PuGs than sit around for 2 hours searching for a tank to do some lower lvl dungeons.

Its a simple mechanic of the human brain to remember what it WANTS to remember over that which wasnt quite so liked. So when you forget alot of your "noob days" as I'm sure alot of us actually have, we only recall the fragments we want to recall. Fun with friends, cool lore, lol moments. But what about the grinds, the waiting for fail raids, loved guilds dieing off, etc? This game has changed so very little from what it has been all along, and people are just ignorant to it because of pure nostalgia.
    Very well said, this is probably the majority of what players have to deal with. The first xpac you leveled in will always be the best. I'm guilty of it, I loved BC, wrath was a lil monotonous, and Cata is probably going to be my last. But again, very well said