Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andead View Post
    You are not only getting extra Heroic Strikes.
    You are also getting the white swings that would've missed. Weapon damage as TG hits for alot. Don't forget that.
    And Heroic Strike is our highest critting ability. It does help with higher Flurry uptime.

I'm at 14,08% hit and 25,50% crit and i still find myself getting rage starved sometimes (not as as much as when I had 9% hit) but after I passed 25% crit every other Heroic Strike procs Incite so get flurry from HS also.
    Read what I wrote again. I'm not saying Hit is bad; I'm saying Hit doesn't have such a major impact on rage generation as some claim.

I can see 14% hit and 25% crit being nice, but given a few of us cannot achieve those numbers I am still not clear where the balance lies below that. Is theer no sim that maps dmg against hit and crit?

The interchange about resource of reforged hit and crit must have an underlying 'points avaiable' base. Out fo interest what is 1 point reforged to hit and 1 point to crit equal to? (I know what I mean) It appears to be a bit of maths is required to produce a hit/crit dmg curve for various pools or interchangeable points.

It might be that investing in hit above a certain level is wasted until crit is at a certain level. Someone out there must be clever enough to do the work (not me ;()

For the record this isn't me, it's one of my close friends and he asked me to do this for him.

I'm not certain if anyone else has tried this thus far but it's insane.. a fury warrior can crit up to 100k.. yes you heard me right 100k with some buffs lacking as well. We got the idea out of the blue, he said hey what do you think if i do.. i said go for it. He did and bam 100k crits. At first we thought it maybe just rng, as we kept getting 80-100k crits, but as time went on and he perfected his "rotations" it got down to awesome 100k constants.. Here's a couple of pics of him, his name is Tente his a warrior on Lightning's Blade EU side.

Enjoy!

If you think this is high.. look at this xD

Ignorance is bless

/Tizox out

Amazing, i like your playing stile, and if u are looking for any good guild, because i already saw that your guild is 2/7HC and you downed lord 2 days ago, mabye u wish to join better guild, i hope that u deserve and your dps is great.
    cheers

I see its a mastery reforge rather than all to crit. Is that what he is doing toget these numbers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntrex View Post
    I see its a mastery reforge rather than all to crit. Is that what he is doing toget these numbers?
    Mastery increases the effect of Death Wish and the damage of Raging Blow, so yeah. He's full mastery, low crit.

High numbers yet 7k and 8k dps respectively - and it is also on lvl 85 dummies.

I would bet that a crit build would put out higher dps as opposed to high numbers when you stack cd's.

The issue with a lot of warrior builds is the balance. We have sort of learned to max 1 / 2 areas at the cost of all the others. I often wonder - prot and dps whether this is actually right. I accept that higher crit has advantages but so does mastery by the look of it. Is there a balance or does 1 actually win against the rest/

I'm contemplating upping some of my Haste. I know I shouldn't but if, and this is a big if, it can improve my Rage generation I might be able to macro Heroic Strike back to all my moves. Maybe I'm an idiot but frankly that should be a VERY large increase correct?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

His dps is actually at 30k opposed to your 8k suggestion Hakto, and although it seems as kinda unusual everyone has a style and well i guess this is his. Nobody judges a player who goes for the wrong "stat" as long as it works for them, and plus nobody said this is the best way to play fury we just wanted to show you the high numbers given by this "trick" which is a part of Fury and maybe is still not explored... Regardless if the dummy is lvl 85 or lvl ?? the crit is still the same, plus not he's still missing some of the buffs as well as in a raid environment it would be all different, and even some higher crits! Nevertheless this wasn't a "Look this is the new way to do it" thing, it's just a different style than the everyday style.

Edit: I saw the recount meter you were referring to Hakto, that was sitting afk with white hits until CD's come up to test the highest crit. if you want we could make a scrn with the current reforge in a raid/dungeon environment to see the actual power behind this "trick"
    Last edited by Tizox; 2011-09-18 at 01:50 AM.
    Ignorance is bless

/Tizox out

He did 45k on dummy and 50k on boss fight as i saw. And the end of the fight he was with 37k dps on Baleroc. And before with reforged to crit he was around 31k on the same boss Baleroc. So i still preff to go mastery got more benefits, and its better than crit he is already using the crit trinket, and recklessness is 100% crit too, so this is very good playing stile.
    cheers

Wtf is going on in this thread?

1) Yeah you can do 100k+ crits on a dummy with deathwish, mastery build and colossus smash up? So what? If you had been SMF it'd been a 120k crit but that doesn't mean that SMF does more dps than TG now does it?

2) While a mastery build can cause extremely high dps in cases of good RNG it also causes extremely low dps when you're having a bad rng streak. When progressing with your guild you actually want to have hit over mastery as your dps is going to be much more stable throughout the learning curve instead of being 35K+ on one try and less than 30k on the next due to unlucky miss streaks while cooldowns are up.

3) 37k dps on Baleroc? While it's possible to achieve those numbers I'd actually like to see it proven with a log, especially seeing all the absolutelt irrational assumpions you made in this thread. I have a hard time to believe that 37k is achievable as you'd end up in the top 10 world spots.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 times out of 10 a crit build will comfortably outdo a mastery build. The mastery build will have the higher ceiling if RNG is in your favour. Doing 37k on baleroc with a mastery build isn't surprising, what would be surprising is if you were able to do that reliably week after week.

I have a question, I am pondering on trying out SMF but with my gear atm I am basicly set up for my TG build with dual Akkirus(still usin hurricane as the 1K AP enchant is still pricey on my realm) also my dps seems to cap around 13k so trying to improve upon my dps. I did manage to pick up my T-11 gloves for the 2pc bonus just waiting to grab an enchant for em b4 I use em and I am saving my VPs for the Giantslicer to replace the green stat-ranged weapon I currently have. Here is my build and would greatly appreciate any advice given. Thank you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

26 exp / 8% hit / mastery / crit / haste
    GEMS (RED) str / (BLUE) str+hit / (YELLOW) str+mastery
    FLASK (str) 450 / FOOD (mastery) 90

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo7423 View Post
    I have a question, I am pondering on trying out SMF but with my gear atm I am basicly set up for my TG build with dual Akkirus(still usin hurricane as the 1K AP enchant is still pricey on my realm) also my dps seems to cap around 13k so trying to improve upon my dps. I did manage to pick up my T-11 gloves for the 2pc bonus just waiting to grab an enchant for em b4 I use em and I am saving my VPs for the Giantslicer to replace the green stat-ranged weapon I currently have. Here is my build and would greatly appreciate any advice given. Thank you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary
    Your build is fine. I would pay more attention to your reforge

Hands: haste -> crit
    Legs: mastery - > crit
    Ring1: haste -> crit
    Cape : haste -> crit
    Chest haste -> hit

I'm not going to go into much more detail of reforging but should simply aim for

8% Hit (including Precision), 26 Expertise > Strength > Crit > Hit > Mastery > Haste.

You should possibly change most of the reforging above to hit as now with 40% buff to melee hit is more viable over 8% cap. (Recommend picking up License to Slay)

You are also missing 3 JC gems which ain't very hard to obtain
    Last edited by Sicman; 2011-09-30 at 01:27 PM.

What are all the addons you use

Hello I was wondering what are all of the addons you use because i have the ones you posted in the Guide but there not all the ones i saw in your video. Also how do i make my Player and Target Portrait Bigger i cannot figure that out at all