Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by blablablablablabla View Post
    This simply is not true, leathwroking will give you a bigger bonus then engineering will. Leatherworking gives 100intell bonus over the normal wrist enchant and engineering gives 96 intell bonus. Tailoring part is true tho
    l2read patch notes

50 intellect on wrists is being introduced. no point rerolling LW for a few weeks.
    also even if this was not hte case, the 50 haste on wrists would be amazing for destruction in helping to reach the tougher haste plateaus

fyi lw wrist enchant doesn't stack with the standard.
    Last edited by Velocet; 2011-01-30 at 03:33 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinoin, the only thing that gave engineering the edge were rocket boots... which made the profession >>> others. However because the boots are now unreliable (Yes they are, don't argue other wise. I can think of 4-5 times in raids that a dps has blown themselves up with those things) the profession isnt anything special. Some fun tinkers, but nothing game breaking.
    I believe the reason there is a large number of people rerolling to engineering is for the helmet.. but that will only last one tier. ]:

I personally have JC/Tailoring. I think both are awesome, and I wouldnt reconsider rerolling professions unless rocket boots are reverted.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

This simply is not true, leathwroking will give you a bigger bonus then engineering will. Leatherworking gives 100intell bonus over the normal wrist enchant and engineering gives 96 intell bonus. Tailoring part is true tho
    i dont believe a 4 int difference can overpower the customized head, the enchants and/or any other perks engi could give you (outside of combat).
    as velocet stated with the recent patch changes LW will be best proff only for rogues and shammies (as far as i know).

Quote Originally Posted by Velocet View Post
    l2read patch notes

50 intellect on wrists is being introduced. no point rerolling LW for a few weeks.
    also even if this was not hte case, the 50 haste on wrists would be amazing for destruction in helping to reach the tougher haste plateaus

This. Still int>haste even if you are below the haste caps unless you need like 100 haste to reach the cap in which you must sacrafice some int for haste enchants mostly, not gems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    In my opinoin, the only thing that gave engineering the edge were rocket boots... which made the profession >>> others. However because the boots are now unreliable (Yes they are, don't argue other wise. I can think of 4-5 times in raids that a dps has blown themselves up with those things) the profession isnt anything special. Some fun tinkers, but nothing game breaking.
    I believe the reason there is a large number of people rerolling to engineering is for the helmet.. but that will only last one tier. ]:

I personally have JC/Tailoring. I think both are awesome, and I wouldnt reconsider rerolling professions unless rocket boots are reverted.
    Idd. Still engi used to be the "fun" profession and not a "dps" profession so it still has many funny perks for when you are outside of a raid (mounts, pet and whatsnot..).

The thing with JC is that every1 has it but all still keep getting the same recipes...
    last night i wanted an int/crit gem and out of the 12 JCs i found all 12 had red int,orange int/haste,all healing gems with spirit and only 2 had the int/crit..
    Thats why i try to level an alt with JC but, omg, its so boring..

l2read patch notes

Which still dont make the statment that tailoring and engineering gives a better stat bonust then leatherworking and tailoring true, since at present it does not. I would like you to quote where i said he should reroll to leathworking. His statment was that tailoring and engineering gives a better bonus statwise and that is false and thats what i said. Your statment about the 50 haste is also false both at present, if you convert the haste into its value as intellect you will discover that the leathworking enchant is 100intell better.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstrike View Post
    i dont believe a 4 int difference can overpower the customized head, the enchants and/or any other perks engi could give you (outside of combat).
    as velocet stated with the recent patch changes LW will be best proff only for rogues and shammies (as far as i know).
    The only raid relevant enchant you get from engi except for the glove enchant is the speed boost to belt which you should never use in raids, unless the choices are between using it and certain death. The argument was for tailoring and engi from a purely stats based pov which made the statment false, the fact that it will not remaine false in the future does not make it correct at present. I did not offer my opinion on which he should chose since beside tailoring, the second spot is a bit of a toss up where, imo, engi will be ebst for entry leveling raiding becaus off the head and jc will be better when you can replace the helm because of the figurine trinket.

You cant simply choose a prof based on what's best for now.. Although that's irrelevant.. In any case.

A 4 int bonus is outweighted by a simple +10 haste/crit. You choose a useless proffesion for a cloth wearer over a much more suitable and helpful like engi. No. its not the best prof from any perspective forget the perks and the belt enchant. Fully customized head >> 4 int.

You cant simply choose a prof based on what's best for now.. Although that's irrelevant.. In any case.

A 4 int bonus is outweighted by a simple +10 haste/crit. You choose a useless proffesion for a cloth wearer over a much more suitable and helpful like engi. No. its not the best prof from any perspective forget the perks and the belt enchant. Fully customized head >> 4 int.
    Reading is not your strong side? Where did i say he should choose leathworking?

Which still dont make the statment that tailoring and engineering gives a better stat bonust then leatherworking and tailoring true, since at present it does not. I would like you to quote where i said he should reroll to leathworking. His statment was that tailoring and engineering gives a better bonus statwise and that is false and thats what i said. Your statment about the 50 haste is also false both at present, if you convert the haste into its value as intellect you will discover that the leathworking enchant is 100intell better.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 03:20 PM ----------

The only raid relevant enchant you get from engi except for the glove enchant is the speed boost to belt which you should never use in raids, unless the choices are between using it and certain death. The argument was for tailoring and engi from a purely stats based pov which made the statment false, the fact that it will not remaine false in the future does not make it correct at present. I did not offer my opinion on which he should chose since beside tailoring, the second spot is a bit of a toss up where, imo, engi will be ebst for entry leveling raiding becaus off the head and jc will be better when you can replace the helm because of the figurine trinket.
    you're only reading what you want to read. you completely ignored the introduction of the 50 intellect enchant in 4.0.6.
    also disprove me with proof that engineering and tailoring are not the best professions available.

just for clarification, LW will not be 100 intellect better in 4.0.6 which isn't more than a few weeks off. it will be an increase of 80 intellect

Reading is not your strong side? Where did i say he should choose leathworking?
    I say prof X,Y,Z provide the bonus whatsoever.

you say prof X idd gives the greatest bonus but Y does NOT provide the 2nd best bonus. Therefore i didn't see either, anywhere, that you DO NOT approve of Z as a 2nd prof.
    Negating 1 out of the 3 leaves one to imagine that you choose the 2 that remain..

But i guess proper clarification isn't your strong side.

you're only reading what you want to read. you completely ignored the introduction of the 50 intellect enchant in 4.0.6.
    also disprove me with proof that engineering and tailoring are not the best professions available.

just for clarification, LW will not be 100 intellect better in 4.0.6 which isn't more than a few weeks off. it will be an increase of 80 intellect
    To sum it up. The bracer enchant provides 130 intellect. The common enchant will provide 50 int. To find the actual bonus simply do the math (130-50=80).

The same goes for all profs with similar enchants.

Also the +80 stat bonus is the ideal blizz aims for. The reason the tailor enchant values higher is coz it has an RNG element and therefore is based apo approximate uptime to calculate DPS. In some occasions it could be a dps loss (eg. during some kind of air phase where it would proc for nothing..)

Answer: So. The best possible professions in order to maximize dps in this tier and as of patch 4.0.6 are TAILORING and ENGINEERING.

tailoring>eng>jc>everything else thats non crafting>skinning>herbilism

for the record you dont have to use rockcet boot enchant you can use the 20k absorb shield (which useful on tons of fights)

im sure cloak enchant will be good on heroic council for when the monstrocity picks you up, you wont have to take fall damage if you use it

im not rerolling any profs til patch notes are finished tailoring is clearly op, but we'll see if they nerf it ( i will drop jc if i know its gonna stay op for a long time)
    Last edited by dotsown; 2011-01-30 at 08:07 PM.

Yes i know but the statment was that engineering DOES (currently) provides the biggest boost in pure stats atm, which i said was not true. I am ignoring the introduction of becaus it was not relevant for that argument

Yes i know but the statment was that engineering DOES (currently) provides the biggest boost in pure stats atm, which i said was not true. I am ignoring the introduction of becaus it was not relevant for that argument
    im sure whoever's looking to reroll a profession doesn't want to reroll now and then again in a couple of weeks. it is very relevent.
    also even if you're talking about currently, the engineering helm is pretty much BiS pre-372 so maybe you should take into account that if you want to accurately determine what will be the best profession for the next couple of weeks.
    i don't think the omnotron hc helm is available to most people nor is warlock t11 hc so it's unfair to take that into account!

10+ Year Old Account
    From a pure dps standpoint, Tailoring is best, followed by Jewelcrafting if you need a high-end trinket, followed by leatherworking pre-4.0.6. Engineering is fourth (just don't use nitro boosts in raids), and basically any crafting class is better than a gathering one.

Personally though, I'd never take a useless (to me) craft like leatherworking up just for the bonus. The relations between the professions change almost every major patch it seems, and most of them are close enough that a better piece of gear would trump the differences between most of them (except gathering professions, if you're serious about raiding you'll want to make an alt for those).
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

I say prof X,Y,Z provide the bonus whatsoever.

you say prof X idd gives the greatest bonus but Y does NOT provide the 2nd best bonus. Therefore i didn't see either, anywhere, that you DO NOT approve of Z as a 2nd prof.
    Negating 1 out of the 3 leaves one to imagine that you choose the 2 that remain..

But i guess proper clarification isn't your strong side.

To sum it up. The bracer enchant provides 130 intellect. The common enchant will provide 50 int. To find the actual bonus simply do the math (130-50=80).

The same goes for all profs with similar enchants.

Also the +80 stat bonus is the ideal blizz aims for. The reason the tailor enchant values higher is coz it has an RNG element and therefore is based apo approximate uptime to calculate DPS. In some occasions it could be a dps loss (eg. during some kind of air phase where it would proc for nothing..)

Answer: So. The best possible professions in order to maximize dps in this tier and as of patch 4.0.6 are TAILORING and ENGINEERING.
    I guess actually reading what you comment is not on your list of skills either. To repeat, his statment was that engineering does provide a higher upgrade stat wise then leatherworking, which is currently not true. Which is what i commentet on, not which proffession is actually best.

Your answear is also partly incorect if you have a head that can replace the engineering one jewelcrafting will be a bigger dps increase since you get the figurine trinket.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 11:32 PM ----------

im sure whoever's looking to reroll a profession doesn't want to reroll now and then again in a couple of weeks. it is very relevent.
    also even if you're talking about currently, the engineering helm is pretty much BiS pre-372 so maybe you should take into account that if you want to accurately determine what will be the best profession for the next couple of weeks.
    i don't think the omnotron hc helm is available to most people nor is warlock t11 hc so it's unfair to take that into account!
    If you had learned to read what you comment on you would see that i was not determening what profession was the best now or after the patch all together. I said that currently leathworking and tailoring provides the best profession purely statwise. If you want to look at what i actually recomend to take, look at my first post in this debate.

so tempting to quote meme's but after all the stories i've heard about the mod hate for them i shall resist!

+1 though blablabla