10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorow View Post
    • No customize UI
    • No addons
    • No taming for Hunters (yes your stuck with a pig, wolf and raptor and you can't change the color of it either)
    • Mounts look terrible when riding. Look too tall when standing next to it.
    • Rift invasions are nice, but most of the time your spending hours closing a Rift when you could of went questing to level quicker. This will be better later.
    • Currently the Turtle Mount while is CE only limited people get it even if you pre-ordered it. Its a RNG based system, not one that you can choose. Its either you get the companion pet, or the mount. Not both.
    No addons because they are confident that they can make the game that good by themselves (which they can) and because it puts less focus on staring at addons to do your job (like WoW) and more on playing the game.

Hunter part I don't see a problem. Everyone in WoW sits around for hours trying to tame a spirit beast, just give everyone the same pets from the get go and eliminate the farming. You don't *need* hundreds of different pets to tame. You just need one to get the job done.

Have you seen real life horses? Most are fairly large compared to the average human. I never liked the mounts always seeming to be the runts in other games. That and they are ridiculously detailed beyond anything I've seen in a game. By far the most realistic animations.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Bad things about Rift

• No customize UI
    • No addons
    • No taming for Hunters (yes your stuck with a pig, wolf and raptor and you can't change the color of it either)
    • Rift invasions are nice, but most of the time your spending hours closing a Rift when you could of went questing to level quicker. This will be better later.
    • Currently the Turtle Mount while is CE only limited people get it even if you pre-ordered it. Its a RNG based system, not one that you can choose. Its either you get the companion pet, or the mount. Not both.
    You can move the UI around. Not sure what else you want for a "customizable UI".

Rift invasions is more exp per hour than questing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

10+ Year Old Account

Bad things about Rift

• No customize UI
    • No addons
    1. Words...thats all
    2. Not true Rift Recount has been made please check info again
    3. Yay not total WoW copy like everyone is QQing about?
    4. "Looks to tall"? Depends on how tall you made your char
    5. So don`t close rifts and quest?
    6. Free mount at low levels or pet...blizzard gives what a pet and music?

Quote Originally Posted by FattGuy View Post
    I got to level 16 today and so far experience has been pretty decent to terrible.

In comparison to what makes WoW better than Rift, in the game, the rifts aren't that fun, they spawn at random points around the world and can go super well if there is a lot of people with you at the time the rift spawns or it can go into a wipe fest and can easily fail if only one or three people are there. The questing sucks, I am getting tired of its inconsistency. I went into Meridan as a defiant and I didn't get lost, but I had no clue on where everything was. At least in WoW, I could ask guards where the profession/class trainers are, instead in this game I get information on who what the guards are. PvP seems fine. The talent tree is a bit confusing to me to say at least, its hard to figure out how to balance your character to maximize the dps but in here, its confusing cause I am healing/support/dps. The Graphics I really don't give a rats ass but I hate looking at my character with low graphics just because I have a bad video card . I really don't give a crap about the story since there isn't a story that is good as the one in Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, or Assassins Creed.

In comparison to what Rift is better at than WoW; the UI is amazing. It is so customizable that WoW doesn't even have that stuff built in. Such as rift has bartender for example. Thats it .

I am sort of confused on why some of you guys are actually planning on buying this and preferring it than WoW. If you are getting bored of WoW, well guess what, its a repeatable gameplay MMO. Of course you'd get bored. You would get bored once you beat Zelda and knowing that you are done and the only stuff left to do is to collect the heart tokens. People unsubscribe a lot. I did too. My subscription ended and am now confused on why I would get WoW again, knowing that there is a large chance that I'd get bored again . Heck even console games look better for me at this moment. Same thing is going to happen in Rift if you haven't guessed.
    Most console games do look better and they have put more time and effort into it. Look at Bioware does, even what Square did with FF 13. Rift put in time and effort into the graphics, almost nothing into mechanics. Which I consider a bigger flaw of because at the end of the day it doesn't matter what your character looks like its what he / she is doing.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kanshan View Post
    1. Words...thats all
    2. Not true Rift Recount has been made please check info again
    3. Yay not total WoW copy like everyone is QQing about?
    4. "Looks to tall"? Depends on how tall you made your char
    5. So don`t close rifts and quest?
    6. Free mount at low levels or pet...blizzard gives what a pet and music?
    Where is this Recount you say. I haven't seen it anywhere in the default UI. If it's a planned feature, well then it's not currently in the game. Like the dance studio, it's planned but not in.

As for words -- Open the layout editor and try making a minimal UI for Rift. It can't be done.

Its not a total WoW clone to be honest is far from it other then UI. It feels more like EQ does to me.

As for Rifts, kind of hard to quest when you see a train line of Rift mobs killing your mobs and then killing you.
    Last edited by Moonsorow; 2011-02-17 at 02:17 AM.

Deleted
    Guys, its obvious he/she has already made up his/her mind, Rift sucks. Let him/her keep playing World of Borecraft.

Also, for above poster: Different Devs work on Mechanics, different Devs work on Graphics. Its not "One guy does all."

FF 13 is a terrible example btw. If I recall, it was launched with almost zero NPCs. Nice.
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2011-02-17 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing exercises

i like rift a lot but yes it will struggle like all new mmos do for the simple reason that no new mmo no matter how good will struggle to compete with 1 that has been around for years and has a huge fan base .it takes time to build a fan base and that happens by word of mouth and advertising and i must add i havnt seen 1 advert on tv about it if it wasnt for this site and wowhead i wouldnt now it existed

2nd reason is rift seems to be a little graphic heavy some players may struggle to play it on its lowest setting this will lower the community but not significantly i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Guys, its obvious he/she has already made up his/her mind, Rift sucks. Let him/her keep playing World of Borecraft.
    Far from it. I personally would love to cancel my WoW account and go back to EQ or DAOC. Only reason I keep WoW is because I run a guild.

Rift doesn't suck, it needs work. I think they rushed the release a little bit, and should of put in a couple months more into the game. As I said its polished, but still needs work.

Its not an exaggeration when I say I honestly had more fun in the first 5min of leveling in Rift then I have had in the past year of wow. I'd get rift but I'm still holding out for SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by prankstar View Post
    i like rift a lot but yes it will struggle like all new mmos do for the simple reason that no new mmo no matter how good will struggle to compete with 1 that has been around for years and has a huge fan base .it takes time to build a fan base and that happens by word of mouth and advertising and i must add i havnt seen 1 advert on tv about it if it wasnt for this site and wowhead i wouldnt now it existed

2nd reason is rift seems to be a little graphic heavy some players may struggle to play it on its lowest setting this will lower the community but not significantly i hope.
    Rift commercials are on SyFy. They have a deal lined up. For the last 2 weeks they have been playing "Your not in Azeroth anymore" during Merlin.

As for graphics. I'm running on Ultra with 2 GFX 460. 90-130 FPS. My wife's computer runs on low and still looks good. There are somethings that need to be change by the user like Fullscreen FX so you get rid of the jaggy lines around the hills.

• No customize UI
    • No addons

1) The stock UI has a pretty decent amount of customization.

2) I am glad there aren't addons... keeps everyone on the same page.. and thus level playing field that can be balanced around.
    Meh.. no taming. Maybe it's something they will add later.. it IS just in it's first release. There are some 3rd party overlay "addons" but I just as soon those get banned as well.

3) I like the mounts and animations.. and the size is nice.. preference.

4) Actually get a good group of "Rifters" and you can not only level FASTER.. but get some pretty dang good gear along the way with the Planar loot and vendors. Rifts have their own "currency" you can only earn thru Rifting.

5)The Turtle mount thing is a bug... you get BOTH when you preorder and you will get it at launch...

Most players on the Belmount server are able to choose, not get the entire collection. I didn't pre-order the game so I don't know I'm going what I read in General chat and knowing some people who this has affected.[COLOR=red]
    It may depend where you pre-order from but then again they could be trolling. I pre-ordered from Trion.

The stock UI is decent, but the majority is about sizing in game and moving. You can't add raid frames like a Grid, or Vuhdo. You can't add a threat table addon (like Omen) to help you understand threat.

I understand this is first release, but in the pod casts and on the forums they have said it many times. No taiming, no addons.

As for the mount thing, its not a bug. People have spoken to GMs about it and it is working as intended. About 11 AM PST General (1-9 mainly) was going nuts on it on Belmount.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Armaros View Post
    It may depend where you pre-order from but then again they could be trolling. I pre-ordered from Trion.
    ^^ -- I think we can blame those corporate monkeys named Gamestop.

In terms of learning how to play, Trion doesn't tell you, and you can figure it out until you do something wrong. You won't know if you did because the game doesn't allow addons so you can't have a DPS meter tell you if your doing the right rotation, or even the right spells to compare yourself against someone else. A lot of people say meters are just for topping, I view meters to see how the individual does compared to someone of the same class and equal gear. Its how you teach a player. So you will never know if you are doing something right or wrong.
    So casual people can just play any way they want without having douchebags kicking them out of groups?

As long as shit dies who cares what rotation the other guy is doing or what his dps is. I've played many MMO's over the years and wow is the first one were the community turned on each other because of too many addons and game info being known by everybody. I use to play MMO's to meet people, have some fun and kill some shit, now i play to judge people by looking at recount and gear score.

It's clear on Trion preorder page what you get with what package...

It IS possible though that the hardcopy "pre-order" code that is supplied by resellers only grabts the regular "extras" until you get the box and enter the "retail" code.

https://www.riftgame.com/en/products/index.php

Last edited by AuthurDent; 2011-02-17 at 02:35 AM.

As for the mount thing, its not a bug. People have spoken to GMs about it and it is working as intended. About 11 AM PST General (1-9 mainly) was going nuts on it on Belmount.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 06:29 PM ----------

^^ -- I think we can blame those corporate monkeys named Gamestop.
    I received my turtle mount & 2 pets /w np. I did hear that they were having some issues with those who ordered the physical versions.
    They will get there pets/mounts come launch if not in a few days I would bet. Should have ordered digital edition =P

Physical copies of the game are different than DE as they offer different perks, i believe.
    If you have happened upon the "Off-Topic" thread because it was on the front page, you can opt not to see "Off-Topic" threads by clicking the box labeled "Show Off-Topics"

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    2) I am glad there aren't addons... keeps everyone on the same page.. and thus level playing field that can be balanced around.
    you do know they are going to add addons later but they didn't have time to do it properly so it will be out in a major patch latter but they are fouceing on content and a good even experice before they work on addons implement

Deleted
    WoW was horrible at launch. Buggy, un-balanced. So was TBC. Yet people still bought it.

RIFT for the most part is well designed. Mechanics might be lacking a bit, some people claim its too confusing at low levels, etc. This stuff always gets ironed out after Launch.

You didn't have Omen from Day one. Or what was it called... ThreatMeter.

Far as people getting tired of this MMO as much as any other.... I'm not sure. One Raid is expected 30 days after Release, and another one 60 days. If they manage to keep people interested between Patches, things can continue to be interesting. This is something Blizzard has failed to do. They launch a Patch and then they do nothing for 6 months. Oh yeah, 2 months of PTR. Not exactly fantastic.

Btw, what's the monthly subscription Fee?

I like the price on the Collector's Edition too. Nice one.
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2011-02-17 at 02:38 AM.

im not tryin to rag on rift but the only thing i found fun about it was the actual rift events with people everything else was pretty much like any other mmo i dont care about ui either almost every game can be modded to fit your playstyle but the rift events where supurb

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    WoW was horrible at launch. Buggy, un-balanced. So was TBC. Yet people still bought it.

RIFT for the most part is well designed. Mechanics might be lacking a bit, some people claim its too confusing at low levels, etc. This stuff always gets ironed out after Launch.

You didn't have Omen from Day one. Or what was it called... ThreatMeter.

Far as people getting tired of this MMO as much as any other.... I'm not sure. One Raid is expected 30 days after Release, and another one 60 days. If they manage to keep people interested between Patches, things can continue to be interesting. This is something Blizzard has failed to do. They launch a Patch and then they do nothing for 6 months. Oh yeah, 2 months of PTR. Not exactly fantastic.

Btw, what's the monthly subscription Fee?

I like the price on the Collector's Edition too. Nice one.
    How much content is in a raid though? I mean it's hardly really comparing a raid if it's only got 1 boss in it released every 30 days while WoW has a dozen or so every 6 months. If you're going to be comparing things you need all the facts, not just the somewhat obvious ones that skew things. And I'm not going to get into another WoW debate but if you think WoW releasing content every six months is bad you need to look at other MMOs who are lucky to release a quarter the content Blizzard does once a year.
    Last edited by sicness; 2011-02-17 at 02:42 AM.