Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    What interrupts? This is Destro bro, the spec revolves around the Imp. You pick the Imp, no interrupts. You pick the Fel Hunter...your damage is gonna suck balls.
    Seriosuly man, please just stop posting. Saying destro allways uses imp in pvp and also comparing killing mage pet to wralock pet.
    It's pretty obvious that you don't pvp much :P

Killing a warlock pet in arena is completely pointless these days, and if you focus on the pet in a duel , you are pretty much asking for a loss.
    Also, destro DONT revolve around using an imp, jesus christ..... please..stop giving him missinformation:P

And yes, mages aren't kings of 1v1. They are however kings of 1v1 vs bad players and paladins:P

Coming from a Hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleOrange View Post
    Is this normal? I don't really have problems with affliction locks but destro locks (even if theyre keyboard turning back pedaling scrubs) are REALLY hard to beat. Their health regen is INSANE, I barely do any damage even with 6k spell power (i have 3086 resilence)...some back pedaling clicker beat me in a 1v1 that lasted for ages because I Just COULD NOT DAMAGE HIM and he spent 7 years back pedaling clicking on his abilities.

Are Destro locks meant to counter frost mages this badly or am I just doing something wrong?

If it makes a difference I can beat most feral druids I come across....so Why do I have SO much trouble with even SHIT players on destro locks?
    And who cares about 1v1? this game isnt made for 1v1, stop whining allrdy please kiddo ... u never get so OP class with u beat everyone ... deal with that ... lol
    Last edited by mmocc79c97d814; 2011-02-03 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    I find it funny that you are defending Frost Mages when they are the SINGLE MOST POWERFUL SPEC IN GAME when it comes to PvP. Seriously, nothing is able to really counter a Frost Mage. If a Frost Mage DOES lose to a Warlock, who are still lacking quite a bit in PvP, there is something wrong with THEMSELF, not their spec or the Warlock.
    Ah yes, the mmo forums:P
    Frost is very strong now, no question about it. Currently Frost is propably to OP vs some teams, but also very underpowered vs other teams. It's a pretty shitty balance that way. Well, anough of that. Again, I have to say that if you don't pvp more then the occational bg in your pve gear, DON'T comment on it:P

Warlocks completely counter mages both in 1v1 and in arena. This is agreed upon on every decent arena forum (Arenajunkies just for example:P)
    Secondly: You do relise that warlocks , currently, is THE MOST op class (this means mostly the afflictions spec however) in pvp right now?
    They don't need buffs, but pretty major nerfs, some of which are underway on the PTR's. If an equally geared lock loses to a mage, the mage outplayed him, simple as that.

No I'm not a mage

Deleted
    *so OP class *

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Go watch any high rated arena video with a Warlock. The mage pet is either has a full row of DoTs on it the whole game, or it is banished. Hell, Cycloning or Killing a Warlock pet causes them to lose SL, and Sapping one causes them to be unable to dispel or interrupt CC casts. When a calss/spec is dependent on their pet, and since pets don't have resilience, removing the pets from the equation is pretty damn smart (especially in the case of a Mage who incurs a 3 minute cooldown when they first summon their pet and can't summon another one till it expires).
    Yes killing a mage pet is VERY smart, if the situations allows for it, you are right there However trying to kill the warlock pet in the curent state of the game is almost (or entirely pointless and a waste of time preassure and resources() First of all, in cata warlock pets got a pretty significant survivability buff. Couple this with the OP self healing and dmg tankability of warlocks (never being a kill target) that allows for the healer to heal the pet more instead if focused, it pretty much a constant upphill battle.
    In adition to this, they now have an ability to instant ress the pet to full health with no cast time and an insanely small cd. So ye...rather not try to do that hehe

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeL View Post
    Seriosuly man, please just stop posting. Saying destro allways uses imp in pvp and also comparing killing mage pet to wralock pet.
    It's pretty obvious that you don't pvp much :P

Killing a warlock pet in arena is completely pointless these days, and if you focus on the pet in a duel , you are pretty much asking for a loss.
    Also, destro DONT revolve around using an imp, jesus christ..... please..stop giving him missinformation:P

And yes, mages aren't kings of 1v1. They are however kings of 1v1 vs bad players and paladins:P

Coming from a Hunter.
    I didn't say they ALWAYS use an Imp, but seeing as how two of their core mechanics revolve around the Imp, it's TRUE that their damage goes down without one. Also, I'm not comparing pets, at least not in Arena anyway. Hell, in duels it's pretty fun to kill Warlock pets while the lock is sheeped since they can't Devour the sheep anymore. I've done that since Vanilla when they could to see if I could kill both Lock and pet, sort of like a challenge, since you know...this game is more than 1 expansion old and some of us have 4+ years of gameplay in us. Given how Soul Link works, a Soul Swapped row of DoTs on a pet while killing the lock can result in pet deaths on its own unless the Lock stops to Health Funnel.

In any case, Destro is by far the easiest spec for a Mage to counter since they are based around casted nukes and a single school of magic: fire. Interrupt that and Spell Steal Netherward and you're golden.

Also, don't listen to Hunters about Mage vs. Lock mechanics.

---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 08:39 PM ----------

Sorry if that sounded dickish, but the heating in my apartment broke and I'm still waiting for them to fix it FFS.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    what do you mean unless they are demo? demo is the strongest 1v1 spec
    As frost, if I manage to SS their bubble I practically win the fight..

Deleted
    I love reading QQs about FMages being OP. If FM cannot kill someone in 1 on 1 combat, it's always lack of FM's skill/gear... please.... other classes are gearing up and gaining more skill too, don't be so ignorant. It's always easy to say that one or another class is OP when that class kicks your ass. I admit that I have difficulties with some classes, maybe because my lack of PvP experience (I play 6 months as a mage) but I learn fast, I know what's going on on bg or arena - some classes and specs are just badass and awesome counters for mages. End of story.

OT: Destro locks are quite easy to kill if you'll open properly. At the beginning I usually pet nova them, Deep Freeze and use Frostbolt + Ice Lance combo untill they get out of Deep Freeze. Then refreeze them with my nova or cone of cold and Frostbolt + IL spam again as long as possible. Destro locks got one big disadvantage: casting time. Counterspell their Incinerate or other castable offensive spells and Spellsteal their Nether Ward or any other procs whenever you can. Don't bother about Imp, it's Fireballs aren't so strong, if they do too much damage to you, just use Mage Ward - perfect fire absorb. If you have too long Frostbolt spell cast, turn on Icy Veins (and Berserking if you're, like me, a Troll). Freeze them as much as you can, your damage will be greater thanks to your Mastery.

And personally I don't think Destro locks have so big health regen. Affi is more survival spec imo. Demo is real killer but we have 4.0.6 coming live today so I guess we need to check it out again.
    Last edited by mmoc16455622d6; 2011-02-09 at 08:25 AM. Reason: More thoughts