Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you need to step back, calm down, and really think about this rationally. Gemming somewhat properly means not gemming for stats that you don't need. If you're 40 over hit cap because you used 3 20agi/20hit gems, then you've made a mistake. You can't justify it. Had he gemmed pure agi into anything but the chest, he'd be perfectly at hit cap and have higher DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthy View Post
    30agi + 20 hit > 30 agi + 20 crit

lolno. hit is just excess haste or mastery.
    Does your gear get your fully hit capped?

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ailthas View Post
    I think you need to step back, calm down, and really think about this rationally. Gemming somewhat properly means not gemming for stats that you don't need. If you're 40 over hit cap because you used 3 20agi/20hit gems, then you've made a mistake. You can't justify it. Had he gemmed pure agi into anything but the chest, he'd be perfectly at hit cap and have higher DPS.
    So your train of thought is wasting easy to obtain bonus stats and reforging stats you have too much of is a bad idea?
    So you wait him to gain 10agi for 57 mastery
    Which one do you think is a higher dps gain?
    Last edited by Psii; 2011-01-30 at 12:33 AM.

Sorry was busy, you said you required a raptor so I changed the pet, and cleaned up the reforging a little (I did the first test in like 30 seconds). Here were the results:
    23659.13 current gems/spec, raptor N/A 2011-01-29 5:18 PM Remove
    23931.28 all agi, new spec, new meta, reforging to hit, raptor +272.15 2011-01-29 5:24 PM Remove

I'm not able to post links, but the end of the FD link is /?setting_id=13782 hopefully that works for you. The reforging could be a little better, but I didn't put much time into this. You'll have to do that on your own .

Edit: Used this spec (1/9/31): http://wowtal.com/#k=qKQCfUqw.a8t.hunter
    Last edited by lmc; 2011-01-30 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lmc View Post
    Sorry was busy, you said you required a raptor so I changed the pet, and cleaned up the reforging a little (I did the first test in like 30 seconds). Here were the results:
    23659.13 current gems/spec, raptor N/A 2011-01-29 5:18 PM Remove
    23931.28 all agi, new spec, new meta, reforging to hit, raptor +272.15 2011-01-29 5:24 PM Remove

I'm not able to post links, but the end of the FD link is /?setting_id=13782 hopefully that works for you. The reforging could be a little better, but I didn't put much time into this. You'll have to do that on your own .

Edit: Used this spec (1/9/31): http://wowtal.com/#k=qKQCfUqw.a8t.hunter
    You sure that's the right link lmc?
    It looks like the same one from the other thread about the draenei hunter ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psii View Post
    Does your gear get your fully hit capped?

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 07:24 PM ----------

So your train of thought is wasting easy to obtain bonus stats and reforging stats you have too much of is a bad idea?
    So you wait him to gain 10agi for 57 mastery
    Which one do you think is a higher dps gain?
    this is what I do>> reforge either haste or mastery in gear to crit if it doesnt have crit (haste or mastery depends on how im going to get 757 haste). If the gear has crit then I reforge the other stat to hit. even in the most extreme case where if a piece of gear had mastery and haste and id need to reforge something on that to hit, it would still be 30 agi 20 crit vs 40 agi, meaning 10 agi vs 20 crit, where agi wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthy View Post
    this is what I do>> reforge either haste or mastery in gear to crit if it doesnt have crit (haste or mastery depends on how im going to get 757 haste). If the gear has crit then I reforge the other stat to hit. even in the most extreme case where if a piece of gear had mastery and haste and id need to reforge something on that to hit, it would still be 30 agi 20 crit vs 40 agi, meaning 10 agi vs 20 crit, where agi wins.
    You might be wasting your breath. Either way...^^^^^this