51 17.53%
  • tested it on the beta, like it

157 53.95%
  • tested it on the beta, hate it

44 15.12%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What you think of rift?

So yeah who here and tested in on the beta etc what do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    not going to be anywhere near as good as WoW or GW2.

Good game, Like the way classes work. No wow killer

10+ Year Old Account
    That "Three soul system" is not as great as people think it is or as great as they make it sound it to be like.

Meh. The character animations suck. I mean not that WoW has amazing ones but with a game as gorgeously rendered as it is, the characters are kinda like cardboard.

Overall I don't like it. And I've played many MMORPG's and Rift just doesn't cut it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    So yeah who here and tested in on the beta etc what do you think?
    i tested the beta, and i think it,s not my game that's what i think.

and no it,s not a wow killer :P imo
    Last edited by plukkie070; 2011-01-30 at 03:03 PM. Reason: just wanted to let something know :D eventhough it,s said millions of times

I beta tested it, got to level 30, and I hated all of it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

went into beta with high hopes.. came out, not disappointed, but pretty convinced there is not enough here for me to give up all the progress i've made on wow

Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    Good game, Like the way classes work. No wow killer
    no wow killer indeed, but doesn't need the be a wow killer out there...uhm no

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been in the beta twice now, and loving every minute of it. I've hit 30 on all four of the classes, and gotta say I can't pick a single one as a fav, they are all fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdrsrow View Post
    went into beta with high hopes.. came out, not disappointed, but pretty convinced there is not enough here for me to give up all the progress i've made on wow
    6+ years of doing the same thing over and over and over again was enough to make me give it all up. WoW was a great game...I'm not too happy with Cata, but Cata's not what's making me leave. I'm just ready for something different.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2011-01-29 at 06:06 AM.

Ive been on the beta and its been orite but kinda feels like a grindfest at the moment and im not sure if i like or hate it.
    with wow its like
    hurrrrrrr ima lvl a alt and get spam dungeon runs with mah boa items and get to outlands in 2 days
    with rift leveling has many options to gain xp, dungeons, pvp, and many different types of invasions and rifts that spawn throughout the zone (kinda like the elemental invasion in wow but alot more ingaging and challenging)
    duno how lvl 50 will be like but so far its pretty fun, though i see some serious pvp imbalance at higher levels with all the different classes to pick.

I don't know why this is in WoW general, you may want to stick to posting non WoW threads in the other forums that are meant for that.
    Sure, it's your $14.95 a month to play as you want, but in a raid it's our $358.50 and we think you're retarded.
    Main http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tumsana/simple
    Alt 7 Year Main Prot/deeps http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inngrad/simple

Will be cool for a week or 2. Then everyone will migrate back to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    not going to be anywhere near as good as WoW or GW2.
    Whoa, you mean a new game wont be as good as a MMO that's been around for 6+ years or a game that's a sequel to another MMO that's been around a few years? DEAR GOD, YOUR LOGIC IS PROFOUND.

Tested it, it had fun things to it. PvP is a bit... odd. Some interesting quests, but lacks a super interesting story. Dungeons are very generic and don't have the most gripping mechanics. Most were a tank and spank with a few "Interrupt this heal" things, but for the most part you didn't even have to. Very bland, but open to good improvements over time. (See WoW)
    Last edited by xxf2dxx; 2011-01-29 at 06:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    That "Three soul system" is not as great as people think it is or as great as they make it sound it to be like.
    It sounded promising to me. Customizable character; build the class you want to play.

Then I got into the beta, and realized there are four classes. There is even less crossover between them than in WoW. And each "soul" is deliberately incomplete, and most specs boil down to "invest most of your talent points in #1, take some useful abilities in #2, and take #3 for a couple extras", which isn't fundamentally different than how WoW talent trees work. Except that WoW talent trees ARE complete, in and of themselves.

It was a great idea, but like Aion, they put too many restrictions and limitations on it and removed almost all the potential it actually had.

It needed fewer souls with greater distinctions, and allow people to make their custom classes by combining traits from two. Giving people the ability to pick the powers they need for their concept from a base Warrior and Cleric combo is a better game design than pre-packing something and calling it a "shaman" and you can piss off if it's not what you wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been having a good time on the beta. Would I quit WoW for it? No.

It's become commonplace to say this while reviewing new mmos but the combat just isn't as responsive and natural feeling as WoW. It is a solid game, no doubt, but I won't be migrating.

First and foremost it KILLED my FPS.. and i have a moderately decent computer.

Second: Beautifully rendered even on lowered settings.

Third: No big OOOOOOO factor

I mean honestly I started looking into this game and thought it would be a really fun game to play. However it is far to IDENTICAL to WoW. The only thing missing is either Deathwing's chin or that epic sense of game play.

Honestly nothing in this game has brought out the wonder or the feeling of being engaged like I expected to.

Over all this game is MEH. If it becomes FTP then I might get it to have something to do on Tuesdays... Other than that I am not planning on looking into it more than just running the beta events

None of the choices fit me. I'd probably play it. I'll play anything, as long as its genuinely good. But when it comes too mmos, they ALL come to a terribly boring point besides WoW. Its boring point is at the end of the game rather than near the middle. =P

I don't think its a threat to WoW. Although the commercial that mentioned Azeroth was a tad unsettling. ^_^'

so far, i hav3 5 lvl 30s, and im loving it, especially the big rift assaults.run in, with my sword and board nad tank everything, its no wow, but i dont want it to be. ive played wow for 5 years now, and its kinda getting boring. this is a nice cahnge of pace.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

Many WoW players are too much of narrow-minded fanboys to try anything that isn't WoW or made by Blizzard, but I tested it on beta and its pretty great so far. WoW is just getting stale for me and if this game doesn't work out I'll just have to wait for SW:TOR
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

10+ Year Old Account
    We should all talk about "Tera" and it's expectations.