Idea for dual spec.

Every class has 3 talent trees, but you're only allowed to have the main spec and off spec..

I think blizz should allow a 3rd dual spec and it would cost like, 500 gold or something. No one would have to re-spec as much

I agree, and I feel like it would not take away from the game at all. It's annoying I can't just jump from pve to pvp without switching talents, and what If I want to pvp heal? or pve heal? or maybe I'm a mage and want a fire pve spec, and a frost pvp spec, but I also want a frost pve spec? I just CBF respeccing that much.
    Last edited by Toomuchsugar; 2012-05-23 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnmicghoo View Post
    3rd dual spec
    +you do realise that the original dual spec cost 1k right?

i'm a drood with nearly 10k spent on respecs and even i think it's worthless, be happy u got dualspec

Quote Originally Posted by Finnmicghoo View Post
    I said 3 dual specs, 1 for each talent-tree.. Not 8.. So, stfu? Yeah(=
    SO that would be called triple spec and it would sound ridiculous. You have no idea how hard it was in tbc as a druid having to respecc atleast 5-6 times every week. I had friends who had to do that even more.

All he is saying is it just seems 3 is too much. What are you going to use your third spec for?: "ehm my othr talnt 3" "but you can pay 50 for it" "idc i vant a spec I uze once a munth"
    "The biggest problem with people these days is not that they set their goals to high and do not reach them, it's that they set their goals to low, reach them, and become satisfied...." NEVER BECOME SATISFIED!

Deleted
    Sigh, yet another 3rd Spec thread.

Blizz aren't going to introduce a 3rd spec option. You might as well not spec at all if your gonna spec all 3

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    +you do realise that the original dual spec cost 1k right?

i'm a drood with nearly 10k spent on respecs and even i think it's worthless, be happy u got dualspec
    To keep u updated Iam pretty sure it´s been 10 g since the patch before cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, it's this thread again...

We already have people rolling for offspec in PuGs, rolling for a second offspec thirdspec lolspec as well would just make things worse..

The more you give them, the more they want.. that's why Blizzard won't give you a third spec.

Also... telling a guy who makes a valid point to stfu... right... leaving this thread alone now..

Edit:
    He said THE ORIGINAL. Read first, think about what you just read... respond.. in that order.

I'm pretty sure he's updated on the price..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrunch View Post
    Sigh, yet another 3rd Spec thread.

Blizz aren't going to introduce a 3rd spec option. You might as well not spec at all if your gonna spec all 3
    Blizzard said that they weren't going to introduce dual specc.
    And look what've happened.

And how the fuck are you supposed to know about 3rd spec option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawks View Post
    And how the fuck are you supposed to know about 3rd spec option.
    Wut? How do i know? I dont, i'm just going on what blues have said.

also, dont swear at me!

Personally I like the idea. My main is a druid and I feel that another spec there wouldn't hurt. I used to play hunter as well and there I felt that another spec was "needed" as well, because of the fact that you generally want 2 PvE specs (at the time it was survival and marksmanship), as well as a purely PvP-based spec.

What I don't agree on is the price. I'd say that it'd have to cost at LEAST 10k. You shouldn't be able to run around with three specs on all your chars (unless you're an AH-wizard, in which case: Kudos to you).

The same reason there's a cooldown and price to swap races/factions. They want it to mean something. They want it to have some sense of importance and permanence. This is a role-playing game if you like it or not, and blizz wants some of your decisions to mean something.

10+ Year Old Account
    triple spec is only useful for hybrid classes imo,

I myself would love to have it, since I'm holy, and would like the option to go retri in raids to give the 3% damage buff if needed, while having my pvp holy spec as 3rd.

However, in general, I think triple spec is a bit overkill, wow gold has inflated during cataclysm anyway, with a herbalism+mining character easily earning 5-10k in a few hours, I think spending some gold on respeccing shouldn't be a problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relive View Post
    It has been 10g since Cata, but since mid WOTLK when it was launched, it was 1k gold.

OT: Yeah, it would be nice to have 3 specs to save gold. But in a way, it's unfair to the people who had multiple roles back in vanilla, TBC and early wrath over burning their gold.

I personally would be happy for it, but others won't. Blizz won't introduce it. If they do, it'll be near the end of WOW IMO.