Poll: Did you drop your main for a rogue?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I completely abandoned my_____ for my rogue!

Hey guys, long time ret pally, and i just completely pooped on my pally after starting a rogue. I can't ever go back now. The rogue class is far too much fun too play and i wonder how i lived being a bubble buddy before. Anyone else dump their main once they experienced the intense power of a rogue? please share!

When I first started playing WoW, I made a hunter, got really confused and with the advice from some close friends, rolled a rogue.

No regrets

Deleted
    My main has always been a rogue

Deleted
    I had been playing a DK for 2 years, then i decided to level my rogue

23:30 Dinged 85 with my rogue
    00:00 went to bed
    11:30 logged in
    12:00 rerolled

Just coudlnt take being kited and not being able to do anything outside of cooldowns >:< Guess it just wasnt my thing

Now im happily playin my hunter No regrets

Quite the opposite, I completely abandoned my rogue for my pally!

This mon proudly contributed to the legendary "Photoshopping GhostCrawler" thread.

Deleted
    feral was my main, then the prepatch of cata came along and i started to lvl my rogue. ill never reroll, just love the rogue class way to much!

Deleted
    Yeah i abandoned my shadow priest due rogue being epic.

Rogue was my main for all of Vanilla and I dumped it for my resto druid in the beginning of Burning Crusade. So the opposite for me. Now, the rogue is level 75 only because she's my alchemist and for the Gnomer/Pre-Cata events and achievements.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

I completely abandoned my rogue for my hunter

Deleted
    I levled a rogue in late Wrath and completely abandoned my warrior. Went back to my warrior 2 or so weeks before Cata.

Deleted
    Rogues r really fun in bgs as long as ur shealth doesnt break by AoE or dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its spelled rouge! dah!

Runescape.
    Rogue was the first class I played when I came to wow. Not all that fun compared to a warrior, priest, or druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Its spelled rouge! dah!
    no it's rogue, I quite assure you

started with a rogue, tried to play other classes for my main but i always go back.... ROGUES FOR LIFE!!
    ggg

I love my rogue so much i just don't want to ding xD.
    I'm one of those people that never settles with one certain character, i have every toon ... and it wasn't until ICC i mained my Paladin, there didn't seem to be many well played rets on my realm so i done what i could to be the best i possibly could, and by the end of it was well respected and was considered a "great player" because i played my character extremely efficient.
    In cata again i've struggled to settle, so i went back to my Rogue (was level 49) i lock exp all the time to BG, and just instantly i just felt something click. Most characters have been dumbed down so hard, but the rogue still seems to require so much focus. I love it, im rolling subtelty in the 55-59 brackets and facing waves of DK's ... it's an art in itself to learn how to pick your fights, using cooldowns so effectively. (more than any other class ive played imo).
    Sometimes the rewards might not seem huge for the effort put in, but i find great satisfaction personally playing a character where i'm so active and thinking on my feet, and yet staying 2 steps ahead of the enemy. I have played huge parts in winning BG's for my teams, nailing flag carriers, sap trapping/stunning high skilled horde in the GY to give my team that extra time to run the fields with the flag. Ninja'ing flags and ninja defending flags in AB, YOU are behind enemy lines as a rogue - do so effectively.
    I've had my rogue since end TBC and it's only now I think this might be the character i stand by. (i have many 85's but i dont feel the love with my toons, except my hunter)

I feel bad because i was always one of those that looked upon rogues as cheap in pvp, the "cowards way" some people say ... oh boy do i feel stupid now i've fully experienced the ways of a rogue.

Rogue since vanilla stunlocks babé! Have had some diversions, but have always ended up just playing my rogue ^^

Guess its got something to do with accumulated experience and a class i can be most competitive on in arena while not being borderline idiotproof like some plate wearing classes....cough cough...Dk...cough cough
    Last edited by Bankrupted; 2011-01-30 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Wrong wording
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

I made the mistake of leveling my shaman first for Cata, and totally regret it.

lol every class is fun to lvl, wait till resil and 85 game mechanics and being required to stack certain stats

My main has always been a rogue.

I kind of regret it now, seeing all other classes' power and shiny abilities, but can't go away from my rogue. Just can't.