Is this tunneling service safe to use?

I am looking for a cheap tunneling service to help my latency in games hosted in the US. I am testing this site

www.reducethelag.com/

I am wondering if the website is safe and the installation for the program is safe? I've installed it and done virus scans but I can't find anything but I am not the greatest with this stuff if anyone could help me clear my mind that would be great

It's got a free 30 day trial, I am wondering if this is a safe site (no keyloggers etc) Anyone want to download the client to take a look? I've downloaded it and installed it, done full virus scans with microsoft security essentials and ad-aware and found nothing. I am using a authenticator so Im safe but I was just wondering if there is anything there just incase something like my AVG's didnt pick up.

thanks

Hey guys download this and test it out and see if you get a keylogger or not! Dumbass...

10+ Year Old Account
    Do http://lifeandcode.net/2009/05/reduc...ge-1/#comments if you have 7 or Vista. Worked like magic for me, was sitting around 100ms now I'm about 40-44ms. Was surprisingly simple too, just make sure you do it right.

^^^ Not a program btw, you just add some files to your registry.

Use smoothping. I know for a fact that it works excellent.

.... well people who are smart enough can see if there is something wrong with it which is why I am asking.

As I said Ive done AV checks and found nothing, checked my /msconfig and theres nothing suspisous there...JUST asking here incase there is someone smart enough to check further into it.

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post

I already use the TCPIP reg fix...but I am playing from Australia and need both this and a tunneling service.

I use to use lowerping ...but I am not paying $8 a month for that anymore...rip off.

I found this site and wondering if its SAFE! (SAFE as in theres no viruses/keyloggers/trojans) I know there are risks with using these things because blizzard doesn't like proxy ip's logging onto there servers...but i already know that hehe
    Last edited by AppleOrange; 2011-01-29 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    I'm using this one as well; works wonders. Went from ~150 to 30-40.

Deleted
    It's just a VPN. I don't know if this is fine for someone.

i remeber that most of these things just makes it look like you got a lower ping than you do and do nothing. the only thing i know you can do is to put WoW on first prio on your side that will lower you ping some what (killernic works wonders for this)

Deleted
    wowtunnels.com worked great for me when i needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Issyle View Post
    wowtunnels.com worked great for me when i needed it.

Same here. The Registry fix has been around for years and can help in some cases but for the recent issues Blizzard has been having with some ISP's (where their traffic is getting flagged as P2P) it won't help at all. Also realize that if you edit your Regisitry to apply this "fix" you may slow down other types of traffic.

It was impossible for me to Raid (1300 to 2500 latency moments after every pull then I'd DC) so I tried WOWTunnels on a friends reco and it has been great. I'm switching to Fios next week which will (hopefully) eliminate the P2P issue but I'm thinking of sticking with the Tunnel service anyway.

Heard a guildie experamentd with something like this, think it was smoothping, i think he said it worked great for like old dalaran (durring wrath) and doing 25mans

Myself and most of my guild use Reduce the Lag and haven't had any issues.

Due to simply tue worst routing in the history of the Internet (latency between 4000 and 20000ms) I signed up for wowtunnels I think it costs about $3 a month and I end up with a ping of around 30-50ms.

I know that they have servers for the US and Australia aswell as Europe. I live in the south-east of England so I have no idea why the routing is so bad without wowtunnels, my ISP is o2.

Deleted
    God, people stop shouting Leatrix if a guy clearly needs ssh tunneling, they're two COMPLETELY different things.
    It's like giving a banana to someone that wants cake stating "there's sugar in both".

Don't mean to sound rude, but if you're comparing a registry hack to a tunneling service, you've got absolutely no idea what's for what and shouldn't really give advice on the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did not know about that tweak. I tried it, and my latency went from 260 average to about 60 average. This is awesome!

This ^^^^^ been using it for about 2 yrs now!