15+ Year Old Account

Linking Damage done for Adds: Maloriak Abberations

I'm currently raid leading in BWD(25) and I'd like to be able to link damage done, for each try,for adds; specifically Maloriak's Abberations. The group seems to fail on killing them each time because not enough dps is done. I've both Recount and Skada but can't seem to be able to find an option to show damage done to adds as oppossed to total damage done for the encounter. I do use world of logs, however raids are short and I don't have time to check it out as I go. Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

Ekko

Sort by damage taken, enable enemy mobs, and then link the damage that the adds took.

you can simply mouseover someones "bar" and see who they hit and for how much
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

register to world of logs, run the logs and you' ll be able to see EVERYTHING that is going on...who takes damage from what and who they damage... ect.. check it out

You can look at a player's damage breakdown by damage per target enemy. You can either hover over their damage bar in the typical recount window, which will list the top 3 attacked and percent damage to each of those 3 targets. Also, if you click their damage bar, in the window that pops up with the breakdown, click the small right arrow in the upper-right area of that window until you get the player's "Damaged Who" breakdown. Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Skada: Enemy damage taken, Aberration.

I would highly recommend running World of Logs (or equivalent) as it is quite valuable when evaluating why you can't seem to down a boss.

As for Maloriaks adds, I am a warlock and I spec demonology for this fight for the aoe (which will be nerfed soon but I think still will be one of the higher classes for aoe). If you have a demo lock, get them to save Metamorphosis and to be sure Felstorm (felguards aoe) for the add phase. I make sure Imp soulfire is just up so I have 15sec of haste just as the phase changes, send pet to attack an add, pop his cd, pop Meta, hit immolation aura, shadowflame the group, then hellfire. When hellfire ends, shadowlflame and hellfire once more.

Looking at our Maloriak kill this week on 25man the top classes/spec damaging the adds are:

Demo warlock (15%)
    Frost Dk (11%)
    Prot War - tanking adds (9.5%)
    Blood DK - tanking adds (9%)
    Felguard (demo lock pet) - (7%)
    Surv hunter - (6.5%)
    Elem shaman - (5.5%)
    Dest lock - (5%)
    Surv hunter - (4%)
    Assassination Rogue (4%)
    Dest lock - (4%)

This phase is about burst dps, so have everyone save aoe/dps cds for them. Demo locks are WAY ahead on this fight right now, but you can do this fight without one if you have everyone save their cooldowns and begin aoe'ing right away as green phase starts and do NOT stop aoeing until the adds are dead. Also, we tank the boss in the middle of the add pack so he gets all that splash dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix View Post

Demo warlock (15%)
    Frost Dk (11%)
    Prot War - tanking adds (9.5%)
    Blood DK - tanking adds (9%)
    Felguard (demo lock pet) - (7%)
    Surv hunter - (6.5%)
    Elem shaman - (5.5%)
    Dest lock - (5%)
    Surv hunter - (4%)
    Assassination Rogue (4%)
    Dest lock - (4%)

Does your rogue not know that FOK plus IP/DP/DP is extremely OP and ignores the AOE cap?