Enemy spell castbar

Hi,
    I used to have an addon called naturenemycastbar that would show a cast timer for any and all enemies nearby. Sadly, It's not updated. Every similar addon I can find only shows the casts by enemies you're currently targeting which is less than ideal in many circumstances. If anyone knows of something along these lines I would be incredibly grateful.

Thanks!

Is this for PvE or PvP purposes? In PvE, most encounters only require you to really be on the ball on one target when it comes to interrupts (Arcanotron, Maloriak). I use focus frames for those in conjunction with focus interrupt macros, and most cast bar addons like Quartz support focus cast bars. For easy focussing your mouseover target, I use this (keybound) macro:

Code:
    /focus [target=mouseover]
    in conjuction with
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus, exists] Interrupt spell name
    Hope that helped
    Last edited by Avalos; 2011-01-29 at 06:22 PM.

Hm, definitely helpful.
    Though, I'm wanting the addon for more trivial groups of mobs rather than boss encounters. It's not essential, but when tanking groups of mobs, it's handy to know when another (or multiple) mobs are casting so I can spell reflect or just shockwave a group. Or situations where a ranged add is just hanging back, a well timed spell reflect can often just keep them glued to you.

I appreciate the macro though, it will definitely come in handy

No probs, glad it's of use!

The only thing I can think of that would help you is an addon that enhances cast bars on nameplates. I'm pretty sure Tidyplates does that. Tidyplates + Threatplates (Threatplates is kind of like a skin for Tidyplatse, enlarges the nameplates on mobs you don't have aggro on and changes color depending on your aggro level and role in the group) are super-awesome for tanking. Havn't used them for some time though, but they might be worth checking out, I do remember them to have the option to show and enhance cast bars on (non-target) nameplates as well. Might just get icky in awkward positions where your camera is a bit squeezed and you can't see all nameplates.

That's all I can think of right now, good luck

Ah, I use tidy plates. Completely forgot about the castbar option on them. That just may do the trick. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tidy Plates does that

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    Is this for PvE or PvP purposes? In PvE, most encounters only require you to really be on the ball on one target when it comes to interrupts (Arcanotron, Maloriak). I use focus frames for those in conjunction with focus interrupt macros, and most cast bar addons like Quartz support focus cast bars. For easy focussing your mouseover target, I use this (keybound) macro:

Code:
    /focus [target=mouseover]
    in conjuction with
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus, exists] Interrupt spell name
    Hope that helped
    Does Arcanotron lose focus when he becomes inactive?

Since Arcanotron's name is only one word long you can use him as a UnitID.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@Arcanotron]Counterspell
    This doesn't work on bosses like Halfus Wyrmbreaker because he has two names.

In those situations if you aren't using a focus frame you need to
    /tar Halfus
    /cast Counterspell
    /targetlasttarget

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Since Arcanotron's name is only one word long you can use him as a UnitID.

This doesn't work on bosses like Halfus Wyrmbreaker because he has two names.

In those situations if you aren't using a focus frame you need to
    Wrong. Unit name is only a valid unitID for units in your raid/party.

Hmm I could have sworn around ICC time I used that for something. Either way it seems boss1 is a valid unitID still.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator