Thread: Tol Barad

Tol Barad

This is really pissing me off. Alliance can never win a battle where they attack in tol barad. My server has way too many horde and blizz really needs to find a damn balance. Is anyone having the same problem?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not only are you lying, but bad at the same time...

TB is a 1:1 ratio....

Yes but what i mean is not many alliance participate i think they should bring tenacity back. Because there will be 30-40 alliance and 60 horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Not only are you lying, but bad at the same time...

TB is a 1:1 ratio....
    Owned :]

When theres few players, odd are the deffending faction wins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallaiya View Post
    Yes but what i mean is not many alliance participate i think they should bring tenacity back. Because there will be 30-40 alliance and 60 horde.
    You still don;t get the point do you? Oh well seems Game balance is out of your comprehension.

Exactly thats hwy i want tenacity back or if theres 20 alliance only that many horde can join, because we haven't had TB in 3 days.

Deleted
    Please get your facts right before you start a thread, there are multiple things that are broken in TB but the thing you named is not one of them.

1:1 means 1 horde : 1 alliance... there is no imbalance.

And Imust agree. Not because of faction imbalance, but on my server alliance has pve heroes that want to queue to win TB to do dailies. These pve heroes have absolutely 0 resil and not even a pvp trinket. It's sad really.

Half the people in the raid also farm herbs and mine when TB is going as well. It's saddening.

edit - posting below
    Last edited by pomop; 2011-01-29 at 08:46 PM.

While I understand 1:1 is the goal, it doesn't always work out exactly like that. If 25 Alliance join at the start of battle, it will allow 25 Horde in; however if 5 Alliance leave in the first 5 minutes, it just won't allow any more Horde in until the numbers even out. It won't summarily kick 5 Horde out of the battle.

Either way with any more than 20 players on each side, its entirely possible to win on the offensive. It really comes down to strategy and having properly skilled/geared players.

And yeah, having people join the battle then drop the raid so they can farm herbs/ore while not being visible on the map to report afk does suck. And personally if we're defending as usual I make it a point to wander over to the swamp to kill anyone farming there instead of being part of the offensive battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    While I understand 1:1 is the goal, it doesn't always work out exactly like that. If 25 Alliance join at the start of battle, it will allow 25 Horde in; however if 5 Alliance leave in the first 5 minutes, it just won't allow any more Horde in until the numbers even out. It won't summarily kick 5 Horde out of the battle.

Either way with any more than 20 players on each side, its entirely possible to win on the offensive. It really comes down to strategy and having properly skilled/geared players.

And yeah, having people join the battle then drop the raid so they can farm herbs/ore while not being visible on the map to report afk does suck. And personally if we're defending as usual I make it a point to wander over to the swamp to kill anyone farming there instead of being part of the offensive battle.
    no.... The alliance gets 5 more people. Nobody gets kicked, more people get invited. What you are talking about is people trying to glitch the system even though blizzard already stated it doesn't work. They leave the raid group because they think it allows 1 more into the game, but in reality they are just shutting themselves out of the raid conversations saying where to go and what needs defense.

edit - a 1% or 2% tenacity buff for each time (2.5 hour period) that one factions is attacking would be an interesting idea. It would theoretically prevent one faction from holding it for 3+ days like on my server. (Yes It's that bad.) After 1 day the attacking side would have about 10/20% tenacity (1% seems best) and hopefully that gives the edge to winning tb.

If you don't fully understand what I'm saying, everyone knows attacking TB sucks and is very biased favoring the defender. This tenacity of 1% per game would make it so each time the attacking force fails to take TB, they get an extra 1% tenacity. This will hopefully stop one faction from holding TB for days because over time, that tenacity will stack up and eventually the attackers will be able to kill the defenders fast enough to start the capping process quicker.
    Last edited by pomop; 2011-01-29 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post

I think hes trying to say that nobody will join after there is only 20 allies because there is nobody else in queue. But this is what happens on low population or unbalanced factions.. if you don't like it, transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stx View Post
    I think hes trying to say that nobody will join after there is only 20 allies because there is nobody else in queue. But this is what happens on low population or unbalanced factions.. if you don't like it, transfer.
    true about that. Nothing you can do about it though.