Thread: Tibia MMO

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Tibia MMO

I don't think many people have heard of Tibia, but when they do,they immidiatley think it's rubbish because of the graphics. Yes, the graphics are very poor and the animations are awful, but the gameplay is incredible. It's one of the only games where I value the items I recieve.

Im level 62 on Calmera at the moment and loved every minute of this, however it can get a bit of a grind sometimes and the death penalty is rather harsh compared to WoW. It requires quite alot of skill. PvP is a bit broken at the moment, but they're working on it.

It is VERY different to WoW. It's alot more Hardcore. The difficulty can be a problem at times.

Other Features:

- Housing with excellent decoration
    - 4 Classes. Knight, Paladin, Druid, Sorcerer.
    - Guild Housing
    - Guild Wars
    - Over 200 Monsters
    - 100s of bosses
    - 100s of quests
    - No level cap
    - Raids are insane (The Pits of Inferno, Shadow Nexus, Annihilator)
    - Monsters raid citys
    - Good community
    - Not much lag
    - Unique NPC system
    and much much more...

tibia.com for more info!

Let me know if you join. Message Echleonus on Calmera (Optional PvP) and I will hook you up with some gear

I played that game maybe 8 years ago.

I played TibiaME like 5 years ago, Tibia Mobile Edition. MMO for my smarphone? It was aaaawesome back than. Tried the comp edition, but I didn't like it enough.

Deleted
    It's a very Niche game I admit. You either love it or hate it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This game has haunted me since the fourth grade! Its not a game that the majority of people like, but once you get into and realize you like it becomes a very hard habit to break. I haven't touched it in two years, but I'd be a liar if I haven't thought about it on multiple occasions.

Is griefing/thieves/trappers still an issue on Non-PvP servers? I remember I had some good ol' times on Solera but went to a Non-PvP server after a year or two break and had alot of issues with people griefing me since I couldn't do anything to them and they couldn't kill me.

Oh god tibia...

I cant imagine the amount of hours I invested into this game. And the OP is right, the graphics aren't phenomenal, BUT the gameplay is amazing. PVP is all about strategy. You have to use your skill to trap enemies in your path and get the kill. And PVE is just as awesome. You need to come prepared, bring your proper runes, have a druid macro heals to people (My class was Elder druid :P). God I loved that game.... You know what? I think I'm gonna re-download it and play it between raids for a little extra fun.

Its been a while for me, but I had played that game for about 4-5 years. I can't for the life of me remember the patch I started in... 6.3 sounds right for some reason, it was before the Graphics overhaul. But what I loved about it was that a level 35 could kill a level 65 if the 35 was better than the 65. Its all about skill, and how much you train your character. Seriously, if your bored of wow and love Strategy games, this is a good mmorpg to check out

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Little One View Post
    This game has haunted me since the fourth grade! Its not a game that the majority of people like, but once you get into and realize you like it becomes a very hard habit to break. I haven't touched it in two years, but I'd be a liar if I haven't thought about it on multiple occasions.

Is griefing/thieves/trappers still an issue on Non-PvP servers? I remember I had some good ol' times on Solera but went to a Non-PvP server after a year or two break and had alot of issues with people griefing me since I couldn't do anything to them and they couldn't kill me.
    I read not too long ago that on PVE servers you can swap positions with players to prevent trapping now. I could be wrong though

Deleted
    Yeh mate, send me a message in game and I will be glad to hook you up

I played Tibia way back when it was a single server and PVP was INTENSE.. you died you lost it all, including some levels and skill points.

Never got worked up over a game more than Tibia.. I miss the old days, and its not the same anymore.

One thing I can believe they havent changed is the Paladin class... It's really an archer class with 0 paladin like abilities.

Tibia was some bullshit game, the only thing it ever had going for it was the large scale wars. I played on Nova for a time and eventually moved to Antica just in time for the Dark Side war. Back when Arieswar still had a diplomatic immunity-esque aura about him he would make all sorts of videos of the big battles like the one in Edron that lasted for days - see that gate leading out of the main fortress? Yeah, until Big Daddy died 4 hours into the battle it was a huge lock with not a single casualty. Also Ankrahmun's dragon lair battle that shit was crazy. If I recall you can still find it on youtube.

All this assuming nothing in the game world has changed since 7.6 when I last played.

Tryed tibia like 6 years ago or something only fun i had in it was leaving the starting zone to enter a main city that had a giant spider eating everyone. Later got made so that spider couldnt be brought to the citys fun factor dropped

Deleted
    Yeah. Luring Giant Spiders to the plains by Dwarf Bridge. I miss those times. Seeing all the noobs yelling HALP HALP. Watching them die and looting there corpses. good times.

My only question is can you adjust the camera angle?

Deleted
    No Tibia is Birdseye Diagonal kinda view.

if there's a game in the world I can't stand, this game is tibia. graphics aren't the main problem, I play dwarf fortress, who am I to say any game has bad graphics. but the game itself is terrible, unfair, unbalanced and many other stuff I could waste hours talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    if there's a game in the world I can't stand, this game is tibia. graphics aren't the main problem, I play dwarf fortress, who am I to say any game has bad graphics. but the game itself is terrible, unfair, unbalanced and many other stuff I could waste hours talking about
    The game is not unfair or unbalanced. If you want your character to be good, you have to spend time training. Alot of time. A knight at lvl 100 with weapon skills of 50 isn't going to get you anywhere. But a level 50 character with a weapon skill of 100 will. And even then, all the skill points and damage in the world will bring you nothing if you don't apply proper strategy. Strategically moving objects in front of casters paths so they have to move out of the way, or especially if you can trap them, will bring you victories. You have to know how to counter other classes, and bring your own supply of health and mana pots and both attack and defensive runes. Magic wall runes are crucial in PvP, and yet most players don't use them because they think about the strategy.

Tibia should be labeled a strategy mmorpg. While the game might not be suitable for some, it still is a fantastic game with loads of content to do. It really is endless.

Ahhh... Tibia I remember it from the days when it was truly free. I played on Aldora as 80 something Sorc? Since then I always seen asked myself why can't other MMOs have housing and guildhalls. Those the carefree days. I curse Fibula trappers to this day.

That game had some awesome PVP action. Oh how many died just because of "br?"
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Quote Originally Posted by Talorh View Post
    Ahhh... Tibia I remember it from the days when it was truly free. I played on Aldora as 80 something Sorc? Since then I always seen asked myself why can't other MMOs have housing and guildhalls. Those the carefree days. I curse Fibula trappers to this day.

That game had some awesome PVP action. Oh how many died just because of "br?"
    On Berylia, it was death because of "pl?"

15+ Year Old Account
    tibia is not a game for most of the wow community, miss behave against the wrong person in tibia and your dead wich means you lose levels and items

Wouldn't consider anni as a raid though as it's 4 ppl so it's more like a "high-level" group quest if you consider 100 to be high wich really isnt anymore
    Last edited by Modify; 2011-01-30 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Modify View Post
    tibia is not a game for most of the wow community, miss behave against the wrong person in tibia and your dead wich means you lose levels and items

Wouldn't consider anni as a raid though as it's 4 ppl so it's more like a "high-level" group quest if you consider 100 to be high wich really isnt anymore
    I would consider it a raid. Even though its 4 people, it requires huge amounts of preparation and is a huge risk with great rewards. If you have backpacks upon backpacks of healing runes and man pots, and drop into the room only to die in a few seconds because you drank a mana pot when you should have healed, you lose everything, possibly a piece of extremely expensive gear, and loads of experience, and you have to start the preparation all over again

15+ Year Old Account
    you can and at that level will have blessings wich protects you against dropping your items but yes you will drop experience but if you do anni at a slightly higher level it becomes very easy